PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon White versions 1 and 2

Notabot
2014-05-13, 08:12 PM
I've had two massive road trips in the last two weekends, which has meant some good variety in Target stores, and some good clearance finds. Among them, I found Pokemon White versions 1 and 2 for DS for $10 apiece. My son loves Pokemon, and I know next to nothing about it.

From the reviews, I gather that version 2 is more a sequel to version 1 than an upgrade. Is that right? Is it worth it to have both games, or shall I return one or the other?

HotShot81
2014-05-13, 08:23 PM
::Steps forward, back hunched, and a using a cane to balance himself::

Think of them like books.

Pokémon W/B 2 will reference events in part 1. There are different Pokémon, you actually have different maps between the two games, and for $10 a game you are getting a good deal to keep the kid happy. Just can an AC charger for the DS or 3DS.

Cyberstrike nTo
2014-05-13, 08:27 PM
I've had two massive road trips in the last two weekends, which has meant some good variety in Target stores, and some good clearance finds. Among them, I found Pokemon White versions 1 and 2 for DS for $10 apiece. My son loves Pokemon, and I know next to nothing about it.

From the reviews, I gather that version 2 is more a sequel to version 1 than an upgrade. Is that right? Is it worth it to have both games, or shall I return one or the other?

Pokemon games of the past were little more than one or two Pokemon creatures being in a different version of the games or getting a different one at the start and which one was on in box art. I don't know about the more recent games though.

Knightdramon
2014-05-14, 06:44 AM
White 2 is the sequel to White.

Both are generally very good games. There's an insane amount of aftergame content in White2.

I'd say keep both.

I played Black and Black 2, [ROMS though] and they were my top poke games. The amount of content is much better than the new X/Y ones.