PDA

View Full Version : Any early feedback? [generations jetfire]

HotShot81
2014-09-03, 12:33 AM
I saw a Generations Jetfire today on sale for $54, I am just wondering if someone already has him, and has some feedback on this bot?

Knightdramon
2014-09-03, 06:21 AM
As far as I know, almost nobody in this forum actually owns the figure [by choice, not lack of availability].

We all passed down on him at AA this August, but there's plenty of video reviews to go around. I'm personally waiting for the takara version, as red+some paint on most of the guns looks nicer than the red chrome.

Skyquake87
2014-09-03, 06:33 AM
I was watching a few folk playing with him at AA, here is what I observed:

He is so so white out of the box. He really needed more paint apps than he got. Clearly the budget for paint went on vaccuum metalizing his armour and er, gun. The chrome doesn't actaully look good next to such a plain looking figure too.

Articulation seems decent, but nothing to get excited about and his limbs are all honeycombed.

He lacks much in the way of a 'wow' factor for a Leader Class toy and honestly doesn't look any better than a Deluxe or Voyager toy. That said, if you enjoyed Transformers : Prime's leader class toys, you'll probably like this guy. He's in a similar league.

I don't think it was just us whom passed on him at AA - you couldn't move for piles of the thing.

Blackjack
2014-09-03, 06:45 AM
He's out for nearly a month ago in Singapore, but I passed over him as well.

Knightdramon
2014-09-03, 06:59 PM
LOL it reads like the most sought after and hyped leader figure since ROTF is a shelf warmer.

To be honest, it looks much better than the 3rd party offering. Besides the takara version being nicer, the one reason I'm holding off is because you KNOW this will be available in a wave with Megatron later on, where Megatron will be more expensive and sought after and this one will be cheaper.