PDA

View Full Version : Mug cakes!

Sades
2015-02-16, 09:01 PM
I had one for breakfast. Don't judge me.

1 Egg
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 c powdered sugar

Stir together in mug. Zap in microwave for 1 minute. Then NOM.

I just followed the mommy blog recipe but next time I'm probably gonna try and cut the sugar down. Because, y'know, sugar.

Simple recipes,. Healthy if you've got them. Let's have 'em. Yes I realise this is a Transformers board, but have you ever read a mommy board? Bitches be crazy, yo. And unfortunately not the type of crazy I can identify with (though tbh that in itself is rare. My crazy is a little lonely in that respect).

Clay
2015-02-16, 10:44 PM
Microwaved eggs? That doesn't sound all that yummy.

Hound
2015-02-17, 05:24 AM
It's delicious. A little whip cream on top... Nummy.

Sades
2015-02-17, 08:38 AM
That's what I thought, but I was wanting something chocolatey and decided to try it. Lo and behold, minute cakes were had. I think the powdered sugar/cocoa combo is what provides the cakey texture without flour.

inflatable dalek
2015-02-17, 09:10 PM
Something I haven't had in years (as we don't have the right sort of oven bowls anymore) is cheese and egg.

Grate a load of cheese. Put it in a bowl. Put one (or even two if your crazy adventurous) egss in it and shove it in the over till the cheese is all melted and the eggs cooked. Then eat right out the bowl.

Incredibly simple and yummy. Unless you're lactose intolerant, but screw them, it's the most basic food on the planet, if you can't cope with milk God wants you dead.

Denyer
2015-02-17, 10:58 PM
Watercress+tomatoes+grated cheese+mayonnaise. Serve with garlic bread.

Baked beans+precooked sausage chunks+black pepper+toast.

Frozen blueberries+thick Greek yoghurt.

Cheese sandwich dissolved whole into soup.

Packet mix bombay halwa -- just add milk and heat.

Sades
2015-02-18, 12:41 AM
(as we don't have the right sort of oven bowls anymore)

I read "bowels". I just came here to point that out.

"Heh".

electro girl
2015-02-18, 01:26 AM
The two quick things I like to make all the time are:

Instant noodles with a tin of tuna in it.

Scrambled egg and pastrami on toast.

When I was a student either of those could be substituted with a whole multi-pack of cheese strings.

Sades
2015-02-18, 02:32 AM
Ooh, tomato slices on toast. Also nummy.

You can put pretty much anything on toast and it'd be good, though.

inflatable dalek
2015-02-18, 09:08 PM
I read "bowels". I just came here to point that out.

"Heh".

You sicken me.

Skyquake87
2015-02-18, 09:27 PM
Ooh, tomato slices on toast. Also nummy.

You can put pretty much anything on toast and it'd be good, though.

...except bowels.

Or their contents.

electro girl
2015-02-19, 12:49 AM
I would also like to recommend the toast sandwich. A slice of toast between two slices of bread. Amazing stuff.

Sades
2015-02-19, 01:57 AM
You sicken me.

Mission accomplished! :p

Toasted Toast on Toast is probably my favourite.

Cyberstrike nTo
2015-02-20, 06:06 PM
Cottage Cheese mixed with Applesauce.

Sades
2015-02-20, 06:38 PM
Cottage Cheese with anything

Pickles. Diced pickles, and black pepper. That one is Hound's fault, I thought he was crazy when he threw diced pickles into perfectly good Cottage Cheese.

I still think he's crazy (not a bad crazy, calmtheeffdown), but it was pretty tasty.

Knightdramon
2015-02-20, 08:57 PM
For a VERY fast and relatively inexpensive dish, go for doritos [around 1 pound at tesco], grated or sliced cheese [either, the raw form does not matter] and ketchup/tomato sauce.

Mix all these in a cooking thingie that goes in the oven [blacked out over the actual name, sorry folks], leave for 1-5 minutes [as long as the cheese needs to melt and go all around], shower in red pepper, enjoy.

You can also take parts of that and place it on wraps and add mayonaise and even more red pepper.

This, or mixtures of that, used to be my lunch for weekends until I got to this weird health thing notion and now I don't even have doritos in my house. :lol:

Hound
2015-02-20, 10:47 PM
Cottage cheese with diced pickle and tomato, a little bit of salt and pepper. Such a great snack.

Cyberstrike nTo
2015-02-21, 02:12 PM
Cottage Cheese with anything

Cottage Cheese and Applesauce makes a great dip.