PDA

View Full Version : RIP Sir Christopher Lee.

inflatable dalek
2015-06-11, 05:08 PM
One of those great actors who never met an offer of work he didn't like but always brought class to it and was rewarded with a later day career renaissance.

The Wicker Man and the Devil Rides Out are his best leading role films by a country mile, but he was fantastic in everything. Sadly I think Patrick Macnee is the last of that generation of actors still with us (allowing for folks like Sir Roger Moore and Michael Caine being a bit younger).

The number of people I admire who've died this year (to the point a friend of mine at work has started joking "I'm glad I'm not one of your heroes, I'd be ****ed") is depressing.

Warcry
2015-06-11, 06:43 PM
I don't think I've ever seen anything of Lee's earlier than The Man With The Golden Gun, but even just based on the stuff he's done since becoming a senior citizen the man is a legend.

93 years old isn't anything to turn your nose up at, though. I hope I can make it that long and still have all my faculties intact. :)

Denyer
2015-06-11, 07:15 PM
Yeah. We've got to get working on that uploading consciousness stuff though. This meat stuff sucks.

Selkadoom
2015-06-11, 08:58 PM
Yet another truly Iconic performer lost this shitty year of 2015, His voice was truly one that could notb e more iconic or skilled in it's delivery. He will be missed tremendously

Cyberstrike nTo
2015-06-12, 01:56 AM
I don't think I've ever seen anything of Lee's earlier than The Man With The Golden Gun, but even just based on the stuff he's done since becoming a senior citizen the man is a legend.

Here are some recommendations besides the 2 dalek mentioned:
Frankenstein (aka The Curse of Frankenstein)
The Mummy
Dracula aka Horror of Dracula
Dracula: Prince of Darkness
Dracula Has Risen From The Grave
Taste the Blood of Dracula
The Hound of The Baskervilles
The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes
Sherlock Holmes: The Golden Years-The Leading Lady
Sherlock Holmes: The Golden Years-The Incident At Victoria Falls
Horror Express
Corridors of Blood
Horror Hotel aka City of the Dead
The Skull
I, Monster
The Creeping Flesh
The Gorgon
The House That Dripped Blood
The House of Long Shadows
Devil Ship Pirates
The Pirates of Blood River
Scars of Dracula
Dracula 1972 A.D. aka Dracula Today
The Sataric Rites of Dracula aka Count Dracula and His Vampire Bride
Count Dracula
The Oblong Box
Rasputin: The Mad Monk

I've seen all of them and most of them are pretty good or at least the parts where he's in are good.

inflatable dalek
2015-06-12, 06:03 AM
So I threw a quick video together talking about Sir Christopher. Let us never forget he was once onscreen with Kristian Schmidt:

31J9owg_kOU

Sades
2015-06-12, 07:03 AM
93 years old isn't anything to turn your nose up at, though. I hope I can make it that long and still have all my faculties intact. :)

^ Agree. I said as much to Hound when he told me about it this morning. The man had a good, long life.

Yeah. We've got to get working on that uploading consciousness stuff though. This meat stuff sucks.

^ also agree.

I haven't listened to these yet to confirm that they are actually what they say they are, so if they turn out to be a Rick Roll or anything... well, that'd be hilarious.

I just wanted to remind everyone that these exist. :p

ns0mw10rSGo

TpVXmc8LrpM

inflatable dalek
2015-06-12, 07:08 AM
Chris Lee. He sung heavy metal and killed Nazis'* with knives. Hell yeah.

*I'm going to assume that's how he learnt the sound a man makes when stabbed in the back rather than more sinister actorly research.

Selkadoom
2015-06-12, 07:42 AM
Chris Lee. He sung heavy metal and killed Nazis'* with knives. Hell yeah.

*I'm going to assume that's how he learnt the sound a man makes when stabbed in the back rather than more sinister actorly research.

The real life James bond, only so much cooler

Cyberstrike nTo
2015-06-12, 12:18 PM
The real life James bond, only so much cooler

He also made films with 2 other Bonds (that I know of).
He also starred with Piece Bronson in Death Train which is basically Bronson's audition film for James Bond. It also stars Sir Patrick Stewart and Alex Paul. I think Ted Levine was also in it but I'm not 100% sure it's been years since I saw it.

I believe he was in The Golden Compass with Daniel Craig.

Tetsuro
2015-06-13, 08:34 AM
I've been meaning to check out his Hammer films but never got around to it. As a kid, the only other role I knew him from besides James Bond was Airport '77. I recall my mom mentioning his Dracula role even back then.

The worst part about this is that I just thought about him the other day, I imagined him in a fantasy film role playing opposite to Malcom McDowell in a Cushing-style film adaptation of Dr. Who :(