PDA

View Full Version : BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

StoneCold Skywarp
2015-11-18, 12:41 AM
cos every now and again I drink beer :cheers:

Sades
2015-11-18, 03:27 AM
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE

I could do with a nice glass of it. But I guess some Diet Coke will suffice.

Clay
2015-11-18, 03:28 AM
Never drank any, myself. I was always more of a chocolate milk kind of guy. Used to sell lots of beer at the store, though. Fun times.

Sades
2015-11-18, 03:32 AM
No, no no. You have to yell it.

MIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLK

Clay
2015-11-18, 03:34 AM
CHOCOLATE MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLK

Like that?

Sades
2015-11-18, 03:35 AM
NO LOUDER. THE NORTH DOES NOT HEAR YOUUUUUUUUU

Wait. I mean yes.

Hound
2015-11-18, 04:07 AM
I heard it

Sades
2015-11-18, 04:10 AM
Clay is communicating at a frequency only other Americans can hear...!

Warcry
2015-11-18, 04:20 PM
No, you're all wrong. The only acceptable beverage of choice is WHIIIIIIIIIIISKEEEEEEYYYYYY.

But I'm only allowed to drink at work on Fridays. :(

Summerhayes
2015-11-18, 08:32 PM
I have been known (http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=51512) to partake. (http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=52202)

Rack 'n Ruin
2015-11-18, 08:57 PM
Bottle of Landlord, if you're buying, SCSW. :)

Cyberstrike nTo
2015-11-19, 08:08 PM
CHERRY COOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEE!

Warcry
2015-11-19, 08:36 PM
They don't sell that here anymore. I haven't had a sip of Cherry Coke since the 80s. :(

Brendocon 2.0
2015-11-19, 08:49 PM
The only thing I drink is the sweet taste of victory when my posts are better than everybody else's.

Which is all the time. Hashtag obviously.

Sades
2015-11-19, 09:20 PM
They don't sell that here anymore. I haven't had a sip of Cherry Coke since the 80s. :(

Wat? I've seen it in my neck of the woods.

Warcry
2015-11-19, 09:26 PM
It's nowhere to be found in Manitoba, or at least not in any grocery store I've been to in the last two decades. I know we used to have it, because I loved it when I was a kid, but one day it just disappeared.

Sades
2015-11-19, 09:34 PM
Huh. It's available in some areas but not in others from the looks of it. I just sort of assumed a blanket distribution for the stuff.

... Now I want a Cherry Coke, darnit.

Summerhayes
2015-11-19, 10:34 PM
Cherry Coke is everywhere here. Now Vanilla Coke, that's the stuff.

VANILLLLA COKE!

Sades
2015-11-20, 03:15 AM
When I was looking for info on the Cherry Coke thing I found this page that said something about how Cherry and Vanilla Coke was originally pulled from Canadian stores because Canadians found it too sweet. Now, I don't know if that is true or not, but that kinda struck a chord with me because Hound will eat and drink the sweetest shit and claim it's not that sweet. Like if he mixes up some "Fruit Punch" juice powder or something he always mixes it so sweet that it's damn near undrinkable to me.

Edit: But, as he pointed out to me while I was posting... I water down my drinks anyway. :lol: Ehhhh.

Brendocon 2.0
2015-11-20, 09:08 AM
When I was looking for info on the Cherry Coke thing I found this page that said something about how Cherry and Vanilla Coke was originally pulled from Canadian stores because Canadians found it too sweet. Now, I don't know if that is true or not, but that kinda struck a chord with me because Hound will eat and drink the sweetest shit and claim it's not that sweet.

Yeah, I lived with an American for a bit a year or so ago. Diet basically consisted of diabetes.

Summerhayes
2015-11-20, 05:12 PM
I remember the first time I picked up a sachet of kool aid from one of those American sweets shops and realised it required a cup of sugar. Madness. Delicious madness.

KOOOOOLLL AAAAAAIIIIIID.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH.

Denyer
2015-11-20, 07:49 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/20/sugar-corn-settlement-idUSL1N13F1EJ20151120

Hopefully in the fighting they wipe each other out...

Skyquake87
2015-11-20, 07:49 PM
mmm Cherry Coke. The bestest of the Cokes. I liked it when the labels were a sort of black and red jungly type thing and didn't look like the other cokes.

Vanilla coke is yucky. So there.

In terms of the beer, I am mostly liking Brewdog's Punk IPA which is my favourite tipple at the moment.

Clay
2015-11-20, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I lived with an American for a bit a year or so ago. Diet basically consisted of diabetes.

`MURICA

Sades
2015-11-20, 11:00 PM
Ugh, sugar. Just ugh.

Ugh sweeteners, too. I'm waiting for studies to show that Stevia turns you into a werewolf or something.

Summerhayes
2015-11-21, 08:31 PM
I'm assuming Stevia sales were hit pretty bad by Breaking Bad.

Cyberstrike nTo
2015-11-28, 03:14 PM
Cherry Coke is everywhere here. Now Vanilla Coke, that's the stuff.

VANILLLLA COKE!

I tried that once and learned: you better drink it ice cold or don't drink at all.

StoneCold Skywarp
2016-08-27, 12:20 AM
never forget :D

Tetsuro
2016-08-27, 12:30 AM
I'm still mad my local grocery store stopped selling Hobgoblin Gold. Their 4.5% bitter doesn't suit my homemade curry even half as well.

StoneCold Skywarp
2016-08-27, 12:38 AM
I'm still mad my local grocery store stopped selling Hobgoblin Gold. Their 4.5% bitter doesn't suit my homemade curry even half as well.

need miore!

electro girl
2016-08-27, 02:28 AM
I'm a terrible drunk and have since turned to the bottle since losing my career.

But man, vanilla Coke. I've not had that in years.

Selkadoom
2016-08-28, 03:14 AM
Vanilla coke is ambrosia. True nectar of the gods. And any who say otherwise are simply fooling themselves.

Cyberstrike nTo
2016-08-28, 01:14 PM
Vanilla coke is ambrosia. True nectar of the gods. And any who say otherwise are simply fooling themselves.

I'm drinking an ice cold Cherry Coke in my apartment with the AC not working and it's the only way I can stand this bloody heat.

Tetsuro
2016-08-28, 03:48 PM
Since I am trash, I am naturally attracted to trash, so of course when I saw Coors Light in a store, I had to buy one.

Who wants to know how that went?

Patapsco
2016-08-28, 04:21 PM
Since I am trash, I am naturally attracted to trash, so of course when I saw Coors Light in a store, I had to buy one.

Who wants to know how that went?

the problem with coors lite is that it's deceptively strong and has almost no taste which means you can too easily drink a dozen or so very quickly and end up vomiting in your hotel room and unable to get out of bed for an entire day. Not that I would know *anything* about that

Tetsuro
2016-08-28, 05:09 PM
That I did notice. It looks and tastes exactly like seriously watered down beer, but I could still tell the alcoholic content in it wasn't any lower than your average lager.

That's probably why it's so popular in the US. There's really nothing like it in Europe, is there?

Patapsco
2016-08-28, 06:57 PM
No, the Lite beer craze hasn't really taken off here though Coors Lite is sold on tap in some pubs

Selkadoom
2016-08-28, 09:24 PM
I'm drinking an ice cold Cherry Coke in my apartment with the AC not working and it's the only way I can stand this bloody heat.

Honestly any Coca Cola drink is all right by me. But Cherry and Vanilla are the tops.

Tetsuro
2016-08-28, 10:35 PM
No, the Lite beer craze hasn't really taken off here though Coors Lite is sold on tap in some pubs
Considering we have stores selling Fosters, I guess people in Europe still prefer their beer to taste like something.

StoneCold Skywarp
2016-08-31, 10:45 PM
Oh no. Fosters still sells like it's water in the UK too ;)

Much prefer Ales myself or a good solid pint of Guinness :drink:

Tetsuro
2016-09-01, 01:17 AM
Well I'm pretty sure Fosters still tastes like something, too. :p

Selkadoom
2016-10-04, 06:19 PM
Well I'm pretty sure Fosters still tastes like something, too. :p

It tastes like distilled Australia

Tetsuro
2016-10-05, 09:19 AM
EDIT: Crap, wrong thread.

electro girl
2016-10-05, 09:59 PM
I feel I have reached an adulthood milestone as the other day I went to the pub on my own.

Warcry
2016-10-05, 10:31 PM
Not a milestone I'd be proud of. If you're drinking alone you should do it at home in the dark, like a real man! :glance:

Tetsuro
2016-10-05, 11:04 PM
Not a milestone I'd be proud of. If you're drinking alone you should do it at home in the dark, like a real man! :glance:
I literally just heard that someone I know (not closely, but he was kind of a regular around the particular corner of the internet) died from slipping in his bathroom and breaking his neck while drunk.

Don't let that discourage you tho! :devil:

electro girl
2016-10-06, 12:03 AM

Oh don't get me wrong, I do that too.

I was just in a cafe, eating a butty, on my own so I figured this was the logical step up. What else was I going to do on a Tuesday afternoon?

Sades
2016-10-06, 08:42 AM
So I had a big, long thing typed out and then I waited too long to post it and I lost it. Balls.

Had a weird night, went to a friend's for drinks (therein lies why my post is here! also I'm drinking rum and pop right now... alone... in the dark... apparently like a real man? I recommend Kraken. It's quite good). Was supposed to be a "girl's night" consisting of me, an ex's fiancée (whom I've never met) and my friend. Seemed a little odd (attempt to integrate social groups maybe?), but I got the invite, they said she was nice and I was curious, so why not.

About an hour before I'm set to leave I find out that my ex is going to be hanging around to see my friend's husband. I was looking forward to the get-together and he probably wouldn't even talk to me anyway, so whatever, still gonna go. And yeah, that's kind-of what happened. There was a little bit of weird but nothing that couldn't be ignored.

I think his fiancée was a bit... threatened, maybe?... by me at first (she seemed to be sizing me up when we met), but I just kept a friendly-but-not-too-friendly distance and things were okay. She is indeed a nice lady.

They left about 9 and I stayed until 11 or so, having drinks and playing games. And now I'm nursing a rum and fizzy drink while watching Gilmore Girls. :up:

What's a butty? Never mind, googled it, sandwich. Okay.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-10-06, 08:50 AM
rum and pop

What pop? I've started using ginger beer as the mixer with my rum lately, it's surprisingly decent. Has more of its own flavour than lemonade and doesn't have the caffeine content of cola.

Sades
2016-10-06, 09:07 AM
What pop? I've started using ginger beer as the mixer with my rum lately, it's surprisingly decent. Has more of its own flavour than lemonade and doesn't have the caffeine content of cola.

At my friend's place we were drinking it with Cherry Dr Pepper, which was very sugary so made for this crazy sweet flavour (mine had added water, which miiiight be gross but while the flavour was nice it was entirely too sweet for me), here at home I'm drinking it with a strawberry-watermelon "sparkling water beverage". Just because it's the only fizzy drink I have in the fridge. :o My mix of choice is generally Diet Pepsi or something like that. Ginger beer sounds interesting.

Warcry
2016-10-06, 04:15 PM
I literally just heard that someone I know (not closely, but he was kind of a regular around the particular corner of the internet) died from slipping in his bathroom and breaking his neck while drunk.
Well obviously he wasn't manly enough to hold his liquor while drinking alone. :glance:

(But seriously though, that's awful.)

I recommend Kraken.
Hell yes, this stuff is fantastic. I've gotten a taste for black rums in general over the last year, but this stuff in particular was amazing. It's actually gotten me off of whiskey a bit, when I'm looking for hard liquor. I think the only whiskey I've bought this year was a bottle of Fireball, and I'm not sure that even counts.

And now I'm going to have to pick up a bottle of Kraken the next time it's my turn to bring the drinks at work. :)

Cherry Dr Pepper
They sell this here but I still can't find proper cherry Coke anywhere. :(

Selkadoom
2016-10-06, 09:47 PM

I can find two liters of almost amy Coke variety minus vanilla which you need to get in bottle or fridgepack form. Which sucks. On the other hand anybody else remember Vanila Cherry Dr. P?

Sades
2016-10-06, 10:21 PM

Our local convenience store had Cherry Pepsi in cans for the bizarre price of 11 dollars a case. No, thank you.

Weren't they doing Cherry Coke "for a limited time" recently? Pretty sure I had a Cherry Coke a few months back.

I can find two liters of almost amy Coke variety minus vanilla which you need to get in bottle or fridgepack form. Which sucks. On the other hand anybody else remember Vanila Cherry Dr. P?

If you go to Subway (around here anyway) they have this drink machine that adds both Cherry and Vanilla flavouring to your drink if you want it. Tasty AF.

Selkadoom
2016-10-07, 06:33 PM
If you go to Subway (around here anyway) they have this drink machine that adds both Cherry and Vanilla flavouring to your drink if you want it. Tasty AF.

Ah yeah a Coke Freestyle machine. I've had my fair share of flavors from those. Raspberry coke is not worth it. Lemon Dr.Pepper is delish