PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Transformers

dura
2016-05-07, 05:03 AM
My favorite Transformer is Omega Supreme. I wish he appeared more often in comics, cartoons, and movies.

His G1 toy is my favorite!

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-07, 08:42 AM
I'll always be a Galvatron fan - both toy and character.

Absolute favourite toy transformer though is G1 Scorponok. My most fondly remembered christmas present, a rare occasion where the toy absolutely lived up to the hype.

Denyer
2016-05-07, 09:33 AM
It's changed a lot over the years... original stuff that's out is a KO Browning, Repugnus, KO bronze Grimlock, modified PM Prime and Pretender Jazz. But that's because there've been great updates, both official and 3P.

Characters over time, it's probably been the Dinobots.

inflatable dalek
2016-05-07, 02:59 PM
As a younger man I'd have probably said Grimlock, but these days I think the original Marvel Nightbeat now trumps him. Everything I love (in terms of genre anyway, it actually took me a very long time afterwards to actually see a Boggie movie!) distilled into one fun robot.

dura
2016-05-07, 03:22 PM
David Wise, who wrote much of Omega Supreme's backstory in the original animated series, has described Omega Supreme as a "stupid character" which was based on a toy that was "completely illogical," and that as such he felt it would be amusing to give the character a complex past.[1]

He makes me feel bad about liking Omega Supreme.

Skyquake87
2016-05-07, 07:06 PM
Pfft, I got put off by writers doing / saying dumb stuff about things I like, I'd have given up on Marvel a looong time ago.

On topic, I have a bunch of favourites with Soundwave, Shockwave and Tarantulas being ones I can think on right now.

Cyberstrike nTo
2016-05-07, 08:46 PM
Powermaster Optimus Prime and Overlord.

Auntie Slag
2016-05-07, 09:25 PM
I always found Beachcomber huge fun. Well made with a cute transformation and a solid car mode that doesn't fall apart as you play with him (unlike say Gears or Bumblebee if they have even slightly loose limbs).

Funky rubber tyres, neat headlamp detail, shades. And a cool G2 redeco!

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-07, 09:26 PM
Pfft, I got put off by writers doing / saying dumb stuff about things I like, I'd have given up on Marvel a looong time ago.

He's not wrong though.

inflatable dalek
2016-05-07, 09:38 PM
In fairness to Wise, the issues with The Secret of Omega Supreme are more down to the script editor/s, it should never have gotten to final script stage without someone telling him he was writing a dialogue heavy script for a character who didn't do heavy dialogue. Hardly surprising he finds Supreme crap in retrospect.

As I'm currently watching The Big Sleep (shamefully for the first time) I've realised that my increased love for Nightbeat is probably down to finally having seen some Bogart films properly. Dude waa effortlessly inhumanly cool and that rubs off on the guy based on him.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-07, 09:47 PM
In fairness to Wise, the issues with The Secret of Omega Supreme are more down to the script editor/s, it should never have gotten to final script stage without someone telling him he was writing a dialogue heavy script for a character who didn't do heavy dialogue. Hardly surprising he finds Supreme crap in retrospect.

I think you're getting cause and effect the wrong way round there. He gave him a ridiculous backstory because he thought the character was stupid. Not the other way round.

As I'm currently watching The Big Sleep (shamefully for the first time) I've realised that my increased love for Nightbeat is probably down to finally having seen some Bogart films properly. Dude waa effortlessly inhumanly cool and that rubs off on the guy based on him.

Bogart-wise, if you've not already done so make sure you check out Treasure of the Sierra Madre and In a Lonely Place.

dura
2016-05-08, 03:27 AM
Isn't Megatron better than Galvatron?

I was sad when Megatron died in the animated movie.

inflatable dalek
2016-05-08, 09:31 AM
I think you're getting cause and effect the wrong way round there. He gave him a ridiculous backstory because he thought the character was stupid. Not the other way round.

That always felt like an after the fact ass pull to me though (if whatever information he was given about this new character didn't even include his distinctive speech patterns it probably wasn't detailed enough to make a massive judgement call), to be unfair to Wise he does talk a lot of bullshit in interviews (my favourite being the claim in that Underbase interview he did that he was more responsible for the creation of the Turtles than the people behind the comics because he gave them different coloured bandannas).

Bogart-wise, if you've not already done so make sure you check out Treasure of the Sierra Madre and In a Lonely Place.

lonely Place is going to be a purchase when the fancy blu ray comes out next week as it looks cool and Captain Picard's Holodeck private dick was originally named after his character in that before someone decided Steele couldn't be used as a surname because of Pierce Brosnan.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-08, 10:17 AM
Isn't Megatron better than Galvatron?

I was sad when Megatron died in the animated movie.

Don't worry, common misconception. Galvatron is in fact the superior decepticon

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-08, 11:44 AM
lonely Place is going to be a purchase when the fancy blu ray comes out next week as it looks cool and Captain Picard's Holodeck private dick was originally named after his character

Your criteria for buying things is very strange.

But definitely get it though. It's ace.

Hound
2016-05-08, 01:28 PM
Hound

dura
2016-05-08, 03:55 PM
David Wise never retracted his statement about Omega Supreme, or apologized for doing a great disservice to the character.

Megatron had a sturdier helmet than Galvatron. Unicron gave Galvatron a cheap crown that did not protect his head from the plasma poisoning. Megatron proved he was bad-ass when Bombshell tried to shoot a cerebroshell at Megatron and Megatron caught it in mid-air and crushed it with his bare hand.

Galvatron was even brainwashed by the Big Broadcast of 2006, which by the way was an episode where Omega Supreme shined, David Wise.

David Wise made me feel ashamed of owning an Omega Supreme toy.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-08, 04:01 PM
So tell us a bit about yourself. Where you're from, how long you've been a TF fan, how old you are, that sort of stuff.

Knightdramon
2016-05-08, 04:04 PM
Not sure if we're talking about toys or characters?

For me it'd have to be Ultra Magnus [G1/IDW versions], Galvatron [Marvel USA G1], Optimus Primal, Rodimus [G1/IDW].

Speaking for characters, obv.

dura
2016-05-08, 04:15 PM
I don't get why people like Beast Wars. I tried to watch it but I couldn't I was not seeing Megatron, Optimus, Shockwave, Devastator, and all the G1 stars.

I'm heart-broken every time I think about what if Optimus Prime an Megatron did not die in the animated movie. I'm convince the show would have gone on longer.

The animated movie made people fall out of love with Transformers and they stopped watching the show.

Optimus Prime and Megatron were the heart of the success of a Transformers.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-08, 04:16 PM
I don't get why people like Star Trek. It doesn't even have Adama or Starbuck in it.

dura
2016-05-08, 06:57 PM
Are there any other G1 Omega Supreme fanboys.
Can we push for more prevalence for him in the IDW comics?
Didn't he kill Devastator and Monstructor in the comics, and b-slap Menasor in the cartoon....saving Superion?

Knightdramon
2016-05-08, 08:38 PM
The TF universe is a bit too vast to get too much prominence on bots from the first couple of years of a 32 year franchise.

Yet at the same time it recycles concepts and character archetypes frequently, especially so in the past 10 years.

For me personally, the G1 Animated movie is among the best animated movies in the 80ies; thanks to bad fan reaction back then Optimus was brought back and Megatron was more or less renamed and given an upgrade 5 minutes after his "death".

dura
2016-05-08, 08:44 PM
Megatron died while being reformatted into Galvatron.

Megatron was a shrewd leader.

Galvatron was a raving lunatic.

This was a downgrade.

Skyquake87
2016-05-08, 08:45 PM
..and likewise, Beast Wars remains one of the very best Transformers TV shows ever - thanks to the relative freedom the creators had writing it, due to Transformers being largely 'dead' at the time.

The recycled archetypes probably follows on from rebooting the line every few years to tell basically the same story from scratch with a different aesthetic. Gets a bit dull after a while.

There's more to Transformers than Omega Supreme ... I haven't actually touched my Encore version since I bought him. I should get him out at some point so he and Trypticon can have very slow motorised fights with each other.

Hmm... Megatron did have his problems though, I love all that stuff in the late G1 US comic where a different (and less insane) Galvatron shows up and ruminates on how Megatron's instability ate at him like a cancer.

I am sure being full conscious whilst you're stripped to your diodes and rebuilt from within and given God-like powers wouldn't do wonders for your mental well being either, TBH.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-08, 08:46 PM
Don't think its fair to say that Megatrons rename and upgrade was because of bad fan reaction. I don't think artists could draw that fast on the fly :)

Also the word upgrade implies that Galvatron is the better. Win. Galvatron destroyed Starscream with one shot, Megs couldn't destroy him with 2 seasons of tv. Win x 2. Galvatron has 2 modes to transform into, Megatron has 1. Win x 2 + Combo. Finally, Galvatron made lights and sound, Megatron made clicky, fiddly noises. That's Win x 2 + Combo + Fatality.

*Drops mic. walks off*

dura
2016-05-08, 09:12 PM
Megatron + Starscream > Galvatron

We lost Megatron and Starscream and got Galvatron in exchange. We did not get back something equal to or greater than what was sacrificed.

So Galvatron was a mistake.

G1 Omega Supreme is on of the best toys and Transformers ever made.

Knightdramon
2016-05-08, 09:14 PM
My point was that the major "losses" of the movie were neither major nor even losses since both characters returned either on the spot or shortly thereafter.

If we want to talk about a proper G1 Megatron, we can have a chat about the US Marvel comic chap...and even then that's a stretch. I would not call cartoon Megatron a shrewd leader :)

But as Skyquake has said, the stories and characters are recycled every two-three years anyway.

Beast Wars and Transformers Animated are two good example of shows that built on characters---earlier and later series cannot claim much to that effect.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-08, 09:24 PM
Guys, just disengage.

dura
2016-05-08, 09:25 PM
Galvatron spoke about Megatron in the third person in the animated movie. A statue of Megatron was in the Decepticon mausoleum. Galvatron never referred to himself as being Megatron. It's clear that this was a new robot. Even the G1 cartoon said Unicron reformed Megatron into a "new" robot named Galvatron.

Knightdramon
2016-05-08, 09:28 PM
Guys, just disengage.

Sound advice.

dura
2016-05-08, 09:37 PM
I encourage everyone to find things out for themselves.

Don't let anyone tell you what to do and how to think.

I respect everyone's intelligence. You don't need people who think they're smarter than you and everyone else, that try to "fill you in".

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-08, 09:51 PM
Guys, just disengage.

Oh now, where's your sense of fun ��

By the way...

*picks mic back up*

If you add up their tech spec scores, megatron gets a total of 70 out of 80. Galvatron gets a 75.

*drops mic again. Does a little shimmy*

dura
2016-05-08, 10:11 PM
Megatron combines brute strength, military cunning, ruthlessness and terror. Incredibly powerful and intelligent. Fires nuclear-charged fusion cannon. Can link up interdimensionally to a black hole and draw antimatter from it for use as a weapon. No known weakness.
Strength 10
Intelligence 10
Speed 4
Endurance 8
Rank 10
Courage 9
Firepower 10
Skill 9

Galvatron possesses enough strength to pulverize an Autobot into scrap metal. Unconquerable. Arrogant and compassionless. Plots against his allies, thus weakening his position. In robot mode, he carries a laser that emits chemically-produced, direct-current electricity.
Strength 9.5
Intelligence 8.5
Speed 9
Endurance 10
Rank 9
Courage 9
Firepower 9
Skill 10

Analyze the actual data and decide for yourself.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-09, 12:41 PM
Megatron combines brute strength, military cunning, ruthlessness and terror. Incredibly powerful and intelligent. Fires nuclear-charged fusion cannon. Can link up interdimensionally to a black hole and draw antimatter from it for use as a weapon. No known weakness.
Strength 10
Intelligence 10
Speed 4
Endurance 8
Rank 10
Courage 9
Firepower 10
Skill 9

Galvatron possesses enough strength to pulverize an Autobot into scrap metal. Unconquerable. Arrogant and compassionless. Plots against his allies, thus weakening his position. In robot mode, he carries a laser that emits chemically-produced, direct-current electricity.
Strength 9.5
Intelligence 8.5
Speed 9
Endurance 10
Rank 9
Courage 9
Firepower 9
Skill 10

Analyze the actual data and decide for yourself.

Yeah.

Beachcomber is better than either Galvatron or Megatron in hindsight.

dura
2016-05-09, 05:44 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-WFdGMZnfSo
This why Omega Supreme is bad-ass.

Auntie Slag
2016-05-09, 06:25 PM
My names Auntie Slag but its not really but it is herebecause thats who I pritend to be and want to be in real life unstoppable and strong
Im from Elgnad the greatest city on the world I’m nearly thirteen I like Jetfire but as a sientist he sucks he . should be boss that would be boss

Skyquake87
2016-05-09, 06:35 PM
Heh.

I like the Omega sentinels in Animated. Omega Supreme in Animated had a really good story arc, and I loved Ratchet tending to his friend :)

I was reading the tech specs for Galvatron and Megatron (i'd never paid much attention to the tech spec read outs) and its interesting to note that Galvatron's ambition and arrogance in his new found power means he has little use of allies. Taking the tech specs at face value, this suggests that this blunts his might (hence the lower scores) and should put him at a slight disadvantage compared to Megatron. As far as the old Marvel comics go, his single-mindedness and belief in his own abilities make him a much more dangerous and powerful enemy than Megatron - he needs no one to further his agendas or achieve his goals (having learnt his lesson from trying to do that during 2006).

I rarely look to the G1 cartoon for anything but dumb fun. I like the voice acting, the soundscape and the sound effects and music, but overall, its a load of silly cops and robbers nonsense that boils everyone down to their most basic character traits. Do love the movie, though. If only because the animation is ten times better than anything the TV show gave us.

dura
2016-05-09, 06:36 PM
Megatron fires nuclear-charged fusion cannon. Can link up interdimensionally to a black hole and draw antimatter from it for use as a weapon.

Galvatron carries a laser that emits chemically-produced, direct-current electricity.

This looks like a downgrade.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-09, 06:46 PM
Maybe, but we're past that argument. Now its a question of how many megatrons would it take to beat beachcomber. I'm going with 6. Beachcomber could best 6 megatrons. But it would only take 4 galvatrons and a cyclonus.

Auntie Slag
2016-05-09, 06:51 PM
... things about their tech specs.

That's a really good point, though. I remember getting Galvatron for Christmas as a kid (I was a kid, Galvatron was a toy) and I was thrilled. Here was the new bad guy, so futuristic, so purple.

The box was massive and glossy, but quite clearly on the front and back it said 'Galvatron: City Commander'.

Now as a child this was a bit confusing. So er... he's not the boss, then? Otherwise it would say Decepticon Leader on the box, right?

So is Galvatron actually an evil... Mayor, or City Planning Executive?

Not the new evil boss of everything, like Megatron.

It was odd.

Skyquake87
2016-05-09, 06:54 PM
Megatron's power sources are likely massively inefficient, though. Imagine the waste by products! (send them to England, we buy up the world's nuclear waste to store underground anyway). The whole black hole thing has only been glimpsed once as far as I can recall, and that's when Straxus was sharing his mind. I think its a very draining and dangerous ability for Megs to tap into.

Galvatron, by contrast, has something that's much more efficient, just as deadly and final.

and I reckon it would take 7 Megatrons, a Bruticus and Mixmaster to take on Beachcomber (he has access to some interesting chemical substances, after all)

Auntie Slag
2016-05-09, 06:54 PM
Maybe, but we're past that argument. Now its a question of how many megatrons would it take to beat beachcomber.

I don't think either could. Beachcomber would charm them with his laid back beach-bum hippy style style and knowledge about sand:

"Its course and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere".

Skyquake87
2016-05-09, 06:57 PM
So is Galvatron actually an evil... Mayor, or City Planning Executive?

As recent years have told, these people are the worst of all! #satire

Or, he's some insipid vacuous middle-management non-entity that's hung onto his position because no one knows quite what it is he does and can't work out a way to fire him.

Its the same problem Lord Hall has at the BBC, trying to do away with layers of pointless management that's inverse to the proportion of people making programmes.

Or, he's Nick Leeson as a giant space robot made by the space devil.

dura
2016-05-09, 06:59 PM
Beachcomber was fabulous in "The Golden Lagoon".

So was Omega.

Auntie Slag
2016-05-09, 07:03 PM
And I kind of think they really couldn't beat Beachcomber. As a comparison I always felt a bit weird about the way Megatron killed Jazz in the 2007 movie. Massive guy kills the smallest guy with pea shooters for guns.

If you did that at school you'd be a dick. Everyone would hate you, it would be uncool.

Similarly so with Megatron v. Beachcomber. The amount of bad press he'd receive from his own side would be enough to topple him from leadership.

Your Megatron's, your Galvatron's, Prime's etc. They're all conveyed as so tough and unbeatable. So they should only fight similarly powered guys... not senselessly pound the science nerd on the beach.

As proof, I've beaten up plenty of small children. And yet I don't command an army.

Hound
2016-05-09, 07:04 PM
Oh hell...

As far as the original cartoon goes it's clear that Megatron is a chump and that Galvatron is completely batshit crazy. Starscream is the worst kind of fool. Regadless of which of these were better or not they were all completely inept non-threats.

There's a good chance David Wise doesn't give a **** about Omega Supreme which is fair enough as neither does the fandom. Omega Supreme was a space ferry and not a whole lot of anything else. Boring...

Did someone turn back the clock to 2002? I thought we'd all matured past this. Then again here I am participating in this farce.

Skyquake87
2016-05-09, 07:06 PM
I wasn't here in 2002. That's my excuse. I brought a note from my mum and everything.

Auntie Slag
2016-05-09, 07:08 PM
But Nick Leeson got away with it because the system let him, if the system lets people get away with being dicks then there's a chance that Beachcomber could be more damaging to society than Megatron.

I think Megatron, based upon what we've seen in MTMTE would excel as the Leader of New New Labour.

And with issue 52 still fresh, he could even lead the Greens. I'd vote for him, actually.

dura
2016-05-09, 07:10 PM
Why do did Combiner Wars make devy the biggest and the baddest when this happened to him:
http://youtu.be/-PkqSl2o8h8

Skyquake87
2016-05-09, 07:12 PM
He'd be good for the Greens. I think he runs the risk of being like David Davis in the Conservatives though - someone quite level headed and reasonable, despite his political stance, being drowned out by all the excitable morons around him who react to Twitter like it matters.

Politicians just make me sad a lot of the time.

Auntie Slag
2016-05-09, 07:16 PM
Sounds like David Davis could do with a fusion cannon.

Or at least to have one of his allies killed in front of him.

Which one should I do?

Skyquake87
2016-05-09, 07:17 PM
Why do did Combiner Wars make devy the biggest and the baddest

To sell toys.

And checking my handy Transformers fact file, Devastator is also the tallest Transformer next to Metroplex at 600ft tall!

So, bigger than all the other gestalt warriors, basically.

Whilst powerful, he's slow and lumbering and not terribly quick-witted and very much the prototype for the combiner process.

Is it just Predaking, Abominus and Piranacon that were actually any good as combined warriors? Everyone else seems a liability on the battlefield, as they're either mental (Menasor), stupid (Bruticus) daydreaming (Defensor) or thinking too much (Computron)

dura
2016-05-09, 07:18 PM
There's a good chance David Wise doesn't give a **** about Omega Supreme which is fair enough as neither does the fandom. Omega Supreme was a space ferry and not a whole lot of anything else. Boring....
Omega Supreme saved Superion by taking the pipe away from Menasor and beating him with it. He defeating Cyclonus, Scourge and the Sweeps in "The Big Broadcast of 2006". He took a blast from Galvatron's cannon mode, which vaporized Starscream. He almost killed Megatron in the comics. He scared off Astrotrain, Starscream, and Dirge by his mere presence as he did with Cyclonus and the Sweeps. He was huge. He then extended his bridge across a canyon to save a whole planets population. He also threw Devastator like rag doll.

Auntie Slag
2016-05-09, 07:20 PM
That's true.

dura
2016-05-09, 07:23 PM
To sell toys.

And checking my handy Transformers fact file, Devastator is also the tallest Transformer next to Metroplex at 600ft tall!

So, bigger than all the other gestalt warriors, basically.

Whilst powerful, he's slow and lumbering and not terribly quick-witted and very much the prototype for the combiner process.

Is it just Predaking, Abominus and Piranacon that were actually any good as combined warriors? Everyone else seems a liability on the battlefield, as they're either mental (Menasor), stupid (Bruticus) daydreaming (Defensor) or thinking too much (Computron)

I think Fortress Maximus is the second tallest. I know he took out all the Decepticon gestalts in the Japanese G1 cartoon. But is he as big a Metroplex? Metroplex is supposed to be a whole city.

Omega Supreme is stronger and bigger than most gestalts. He took out Devastator in the IDW comics.

David Wise needs to apologize for his statements.

Skyquake87
2016-05-09, 07:23 PM
Sounds like David Davis could do with a fusion cannon.

Or at least to have one of his allies killed in front of him.

Which one should I do?

Hmm, I'm not up on his alliances in the Tories. Goldsmith might be the one to do, as he seems the one the Tories were most hopeful of being mayor of Londinium.

Or Jacob Rees-Mogg, but that'd be just for a laugh. Although I quite like him, just for being so ultra-conservative you'd have thought he was the product of a feverish cheese dream made flesh. Or some form of shadowplay.

I am now expecting a visit from the police, as I suspect GCHQ have picked up on this.

GCHQ : Always listening to our customers

Auntie Slag
2016-05-09, 07:26 PM
You're so funky, Skyquake!

Auntie Slag
2016-05-09, 07:28 PM
I really want to get an Omega Supreme toy now just to see what happens to his body when I transform him.

Auntie Slag
2016-05-09, 07:29 PM
I guess if I buy a used Omega Supreme toy on eBay, there's no guarantee it'll be complete.

Skyquake87
2016-05-09, 07:29 PM
I am aren't I? I'm firing up my sedition with a healthy dose of shouty Crossfaith!

I've bought a bunch of records lately (and a huge pile of tapes, before arch hipsters spoil this for me too, the man-bun wearing t***s) so will be spreading some musical reviews about shortly! whoop!

Kiss my satire

Skyquake87
2016-05-09, 07:30 PM
Omega Supreme doesn't so much transform as split into a load of parts that you reassemble. ...That's the reason I don't play with him so much!

Its a bit like a Kre-O set or those Mash-Up things, except from the 1980s, so uses batteries.

Auntie Slag
2016-05-09, 07:31 PM
Wouldn't it be funny to sell an Omega Supreme toy to the winning bidder and just send the arms first?

dura
2016-05-09, 07:35 PM
I hope David Wise has nightmares about Omega Supreme.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-09, 07:38 PM
Omega Supreme saved Superion by taking the pipe away from Menasor and beating him with it. He defeating Cyclonus, Scourge and the Sweeps in "The Big Broadcast of 2006". He took a blast from Galvatron's cannon mode, which vaporized Starscream. He almost killed Megatron in the comics. He scared off Astrotrain, Starscream, and Dirge by his mere presence as he did with Cyclonus and the Sweeps. He was huge. He then extended his bridge across a canyon to save a whole planets population. He also threw Devastator like rag doll.

I notice in that there is no mention of Beachcomber. Clearly, Omega knew not to tug on Supermans cape.

"Its course and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere".

Aunty Slag wins the internet. Tip of the cap to you sir.

dura
2016-05-09, 07:42 PM
Omega Supreme is the only Transformer that can be in two places at once. His base with tank can stay on earth which his rocket can travel to Cybertron.

He can instantly summon his base through subspace to form into a super-robot.

Id his defense base walls are breached they grow back.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-09, 07:52 PM
Look, I think we've strayed massively off-topic here, so let's get things back on track:

How many Beachcombers would it take to defeat Windcharger?

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-09, 07:56 PM
Omega Supreme is the only Transformer that can be in two places at once. His base with tank can stay on earth which his rocket can travel to Cybertron.

He can instantly summon his base through subspace to form into a super-robot.

Id his defense base walls are breached they grow back.

Cant all the pretenders do that? And Sky Lynk?

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-09, 07:59 PM
And Reflector.

And, depending on where you stand on the nature of Roller and the trailer station, Optimus Prime.

Skyquake87
2016-05-09, 08:00 PM
It would take one Beachcomber with magnets in either hand to defeat Windcharger - he could just repell him ...with SCIENCE!

And then do some pretty patterns with iron filings

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-09, 08:05 PM
So just so I have this correct, the current hierachy of powerful transformers is:

1. Beachcomber (obviously)
2. Beachcomber (so good he takes the top two)
3. Windcharger
4. Galvatron
5. Drift
6. Megatron
7. Reflector (theres 3 of him - THREE!!!!)
8. Simon Furmans Grimlock
9. Grimlock
10. Omega Supreme

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-09, 08:09 PM
But what about Buzzsaw?

inflatable dalek
2016-05-09, 08:14 PM
Yeah, Ratbat needed Apeface and Snapdragon to do the hard work when he fought Fortress Maximus, Buzzsaw absolutely twatted Omega Supreme without help.

The way he kept shrinking in Marvel suggests he wasn't actually that good at retrieving left behind body parts as well.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-09, 08:15 PM
G1 or BW?

Auntie Slag
2016-05-09, 08:15 PM
And he's got a diamond hard tip.

That's what I heard.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-09, 08:18 PM
G1 or BW?

There wasn't a BW Omega Supreme, dude.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-09, 08:23 PM
https://www.google.ie/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjHhNfO6c3MAhWMLMAKHTlACeoQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tfw2005.com%2Fboards%2Ftransformers-fan-art%2F234392-movieverse-omega-supreme-update.html&psig=AFQjCNHPFAsyq3aSI7_Id_KTo1Uzu12w-g&ust=1462911891352599

O Really?

(But I meant Buzzsaw Beast Wars obviously. How could you forget him!?!)

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-09, 08:26 PM
Oh I think you mean Buzz Saw. Easy mistake to make, but there's a clear distinction that you can see by correctly using the English language.

Skyquake87
2016-05-09, 08:30 PM
Buzzclaw was Beast Wars and was that mosquito/ mantis/ whatever thing , Buzzsaw in Beast Machines was the wasp in high heels with the springy dong for an arm

la la laa

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-09, 08:34 PM
So we've got a ranking of:

1) Buzzsaw (G1 cassette/condor)
2) Buzz Saw (BW reworking of Waspinator)
3) Buzzclaw (BW Fuzor)
4) Buzzsaw (Beast Machines, possibly same character as 2)

So which one of those would win in a triple threat match against Beachcomber and Windcharger?

Skyquake87
2016-05-09, 08:44 PM
Buzz Saw or Buzzsaw - the wasp dudes could sting them both and they might be allergic and die of anaphylactic shock or just get stung to death like in Macauley Culkin in My Girl.

Especially if they also had a peanut allergy and they'd brought some peanuts with them. Or a Snickers ("may contain nuts").

Or a takeaway owner with no sense of responsibility for his customers

Auntie Slag
2016-05-09, 08:46 PM
Hey man, make love not war. G1 Buzzsaw is a Condor machine.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-09, 08:46 PM
Are Transformers allergic to peanuts? It would explain why you never see them eating any.

Skyquake87
2016-05-09, 08:51 PM
I bet Omega Supreme isn't. He's too tough and manly for food allergies.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-09, 08:52 PM
So we've got a ranking of:

1) Buzzsaw (G1 cassette/condor)
2) Buzz Saw (BW reworking of Waspinator)
3) Buzzclaw (BW Fuzor)
4) Buzzsaw (Beast Machines, possibly same character as 2)

So which one of those would win in a triple threat match against Beachcomber and Windcharger?

Bonesaw McGraw is reeeaaadddy!

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-09, 08:53 PM
Though if his throat was all swollen it would definitely explain the speech impediment.

I bet he's one of those people who's allergic to peanuts but eats them anyway.

Skyquake87
2016-05-09, 08:54 PM
Might be why he wears that special helmet too, to help with his breathing and keep his airways open.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-09, 08:57 PM
Oh I think you mean Buzz Saw. Easy mistake to make, but there's a clear distinction that you can see by correctly using the English language.

Sometimes his name is parsed as Buzzsaw.

Back in your box Brendo!

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-09, 08:59 PM
Until recently the TFWiki would have had you believe that Bryan Hitch denied ever working on Transformers. Unreliable witness!

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-09, 09:03 PM
OVERRULED!

Take That!

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-09, 09:05 PM
And Party?

Auntie Slag
2016-05-09, 09:05 PM
Climie Fisher!

b8dy8tfUCEg

dura
2016-05-09, 11:16 PM
Shockwave is the most powerful Decepticon. Masterpiece made a G1 cartoon accurate toy of him. He could probably beat Galvatron.

Yet he was scared of Megatron in the cartoon.

slartibartfast
2016-05-10, 03:44 AM
Any logical person would be terrified of Megatron. You never know if he's going to shake your hand or chew your face.

Galvatron is more predictably insane.

dura
2016-05-10, 03:53 AM
Megatron could have incinerated Starscream.

Galvatron took out Starscream because he was a different robot.

Galvatron's laser, electric-powered cannon does not pack the punch of Megatron's fusion power cannon which is nuclear.

slartibartfast
2016-05-10, 04:24 AM
I like the idea that Unicron nerfed him down during the redesign. Hmm... a black-hole generator ? Let's get rid of thaaaat... got stuck in one of those in the last galaxy, damn black holes.

Although they both have such terrible aim in robot mode that it probably depends more on what they're standing next to.

dura
2016-05-10, 05:29 AM
Megatron fires nuclear-charged fusion cannon. Can link up interdimensionally to a black hole and draw antimatter from it for use as a weapon.

Megatron could have killed Unicron with these weapons.

Shockwave tried to access the power of a black hole in Dark Cybertron.

Skyquake87
2016-05-10, 05:24 PM
Megatron was dying. He wasn't in much shape for much of anything, except being a dick.

..and the less said about the ill-advised Dark Cybertron, the better.

Shockwave being 'scared' of Megatron? The cartoon had him as a craven lickspittle yes man, and the Marvel comic had him seize control of the Decepticons and he routinely made moves to replace Megs as leader. He was, however, scared of Galvatron who was poised to replace him as leader and sought to use many agents to delay or destroy him.

In Dreamwave's continuity, Shockwave ran Cybertron and controlled the population. Megatron was just...there, and quietly dumped into space, for displaying all the usefulness of his cartoon persona.

Shockwave in IDW is a different kettle of fish, more interested in SCIENCE! than what everyone else is doing.

so tra la la la la laa to that

dura
2016-05-10, 05:36 PM
Megatron and Galvatron have fought in IDW?

Did Megatron beat his ass?

Megatron beat all the Dinobots and Predacons and Predaking in the Marvel comics.

Galvatron got defeated by Fortress Maximus.

inflatable dalek
2016-05-10, 05:44 PM
In the Marvel comics (the only place it was ever used) the black hole power was basically a suicide bomber vest, it'd take out a lot of other people sure, but it'd kill Megatron as well and was clearly intended to be a "If I'm going I'm taking you with me!" weapon. Except Marvel Megs tried to use it whenever he was feeling a bit nutty.

dura
2016-05-10, 10:08 PM
Megatron would have easily beat Shockwave if he was at 100%.

What makes some people think Galvatron coul defeat either one of them?

Galvatron was Nova Prime's bee-otch in Dark Cybertron, and Optimus Prime was able to overpower Nova.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-10, 11:24 PM
Megatron would have easily beat Shockwave if he was at 100%.

What makes some people think Galvatron coul defeat either one of them?

Galvatron was Nova Prime's bee-otch in Dark Cybertron, and Optimus Prime was able to overpower Nova.

If we're taking DC into account, Galvie ripped megatron in half.

Also, Optimus didnt over power nova, nova was killing him until someone shot nova in the back.

Who was that person RDP? Glad you asked Dura,

it was the supreme decepticon killing machine,

the reflection of perfection, Unicrons selection,
the bot of the hour too sweet to be sour,
what you see is what you get and what you dont is better yet
He's Cyclonus's pick and Oprimus's regret and if you go against him you made a bad bet....

I am of course talking about Leonard Nimoy.

AKA City Commander
AKA the guy who is ALWAYS the upgrade to megatron
AKA John Barbers biggest Killing machine

The one, the only...

Galvatron!

(what he say his name was?)

GALVATRON!!!!!

dura
2016-05-10, 11:34 PM
Unicorn who created Galvatron was created by:
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/3/30/Primacron.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150124101555

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-11, 12:51 AM
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/thumb/0/03/BobBudianskyDVD.jpg/250px-BobBudianskyDVD.jpg

Dont you mean... this guy?

Or was it.... this guy?
http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Simon_Furman.jpg

Denyer
2016-05-11, 02:08 AM
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ron_Friedman

dura
2016-05-11, 03:38 AM
In Megatron is given the star treatment, way more than Galvatron.

I believe it's because they learned from the mistake in the animated movie of killing off Megatron.

Megatron is a much stronger and intelligent character than Galvatron. He is more central and crucial to the story. He was even given his own "All Hail Megatron" series.

Galvatron snuck up behind Megatron. Megatron's fusion cannon was able to take out Galvatron.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-11, 06:27 PM
Galvatron's head is modeled after a crown.
Megatron's head is modeled after a bucket.

QED.

Skyquake87
2016-05-11, 06:31 PM
Megatron's Fusion Cannon took out Galvatron... when Megatron was having a sandwich?

The 'mistake' in the Animated movie was in killing off Optimus Prime, as test screenings and distraught children attested. (I thought it was pretty brave, and a shame it was back-tracked on. But then Hasbro didn't have the same level of brand awareness or care for their products then as they do now. There's a learning curve.) I think most people just thought it was really cool that Megatron got an upgrade and was remade into Galvatron. I know I did.

I honestly never really had much love for Megatron, as he was such a bit part player in the Marvel comics. Galvatron was a much more prominent and interesting character (and pretty much carried the UK comic for over 100 issues).

Its only with James Roberts work on the character from Chaos upwards that I've seen the potential in the character. Ditto with that old 'State Games' story from the UK annuals.

AHM is pretty much Sunbow cartoon funtimes. And AHM wasn't really 'his' series. It told how the Decepticons triumphed over the Autobots because one of their own sold them out.

dura
2016-05-11, 10:53 PM
What IDW was give Megatron an upgrade. He was still Megatron.

What the animated movie did was reform him into a new robot named Galvatron.

He was no longer Megatron. Megatron ceased to exist.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-12, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't disagree that he is a new character after Unicron - there's still some of Megatron in there but he is a new robot.

But, crucially, he is better.

Not Beachcomber level, but still better.

dura
2016-05-12, 12:55 AM
Megatron built the Stunticons. He created the Constructicons. He engineered the Robosmasher. Megatron obviously was highly intelligent.

I can't say the same for Galvatron.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-12, 06:57 AM
He created the Constructicons. He engineered the Robosmasher.

Nope. He either built them in Heavy Metal War or he reprogrammed them in the Secret of Omega Supreme. You can't have both.

dura
2016-05-12, 07:02 AM
Nope. He either built them in Heavy Metal War or he reprogrammed them in the Secret of Omega Supreme. You can't have both.

In either case, it makes Megatron highly intelligent. In both cases he gave them gestalt technology, which he also gave the Stunticons when he built them.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-12, 07:35 AM
So we're definitely blaming megatron for all this gestalt nonsense over the years then yes?

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-12, 07:41 AM
Oh definitely. All his fault.

The other option of course is that Rodimus' visions in Five Faces of Darkness were literal and that it was the Constructicons that created Megatron.

However those episodes also include Astrotrain stating that Megatron and Galvatron are the same guy, so I can understand why somebody might be quick to gloss over that whole thing.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-12, 07:43 AM
Unusual for an 80s cartoon series to be so all over the place with its lore. Almost like it was designed just to sell toys. Which would mean that the newest toys would generally be the best in terms of strength and power etc.

Hey, wait a minute. Didn't galvatron cone out after megatron??

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!!!!!

inflatable dalek
2016-05-12, 07:59 AM
But surely Galvatron did all those things as well (even the contradictory ones)? What with him having been Megatron?

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-12, 08:08 AM
Hell, Galvatron even remembered doing the stuff that Megatron didn't do because it was actually Straxus.

THAT's how good Galvatron is.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-12, 01:06 PM
He's not Megatron, He's a very naughty boy.

dura
2016-05-12, 03:36 PM
I like Galvatron, Megatron, Shockwave, and Omega Supreme because they have tremendous firepower. If I had that kind of power I could make the rules, do whatever I want....take whatever I want.

How can Devastator be the biggest and baddest combiner when:
http://youtu.be/-PkqSl2o8h8

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-12, 05:13 PM
If I had that kind of power I could make the rules, do whatever I want....take whatever I want.

Mate who hurt you.

Sades
2016-05-12, 06:31 PM
A part of me is still waiting for a text link sig to pop up and try to sell me real estate, shoes or happy pills...

dura
2016-05-12, 07:03 PM
Unicron gave Galvation a cheap crown. It didn't even protect his head.

At least Megatron's bucket helmet always protected him, even when bombshell tried to shoot one of his cerebroshells into Megatron's head.

Megatron said, "No one enters my cerebral chamber.

Auntie Slag
2016-05-12, 07:12 PM
Hey Dura, check this out. Its from 'Megatron: Origin', it really happened, only a long time ago, in a galaxy blah blah away.

http://blog-imgs-43.fc2.com/c/a/p/captaingoldfish/s-MegatronOrigin_1.jpg

Skyquake87
2016-05-12, 07:19 PM
aww he's pretty flower under that plant pot hat

Auntie Slag
2016-05-12, 07:27 PM
Yeah, he's just misunderstood, that's all!

http://orig13.deviantart.net/1c86/f/2012/150/b/c/the_transformers_megatron_origin_by_h_e_e_r_o_y_u_y-d51qdfn.jpg

Auntie Slag
2016-05-12, 07:33 PM
Red or yellow graphics, according to what Fun House team he's playing on.

Additionally, the guy who wrote Megatron: Origins also wrote (according to Wikipedia):

- Gears of War 3
- Batman: Arkham Origins
- Earthworm Jim 3D
- Beachcomber goes to Monte Carlo

dura
2016-05-12, 09:18 PM
This is Megatron's origin:
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/thumb/f/fe/Megatronffod.jpg/250px-Megatronffod.jpg
"All Hail Megatron" was G1 accurate.

The Megatron in Origins did not even look like Megatron.

This is my ranking:
1. Omega Supreme
2. Megatron
3. Shockwave
4. Galvatron

Megatron was the founder of the Decepticons.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-12, 09:21 PM
This is Megatron's origin:
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/thumb/f/fe/Megatronffod.jpg/250px-Megatronffod.jpg

Directly contradicting what you said about him creating the Constructicons. I'm on Twitter, mate, if you're going to troll you'll need to do better than this.

dura
2016-05-12, 11:38 PM
Toy-wise some fan like G1 Megatron because of the complicated transformation. G1 Shockwave is probably the most G1 accurate, though his legs are too skinny. Galvatron has a rook crown and some fans think his cannon mode looks bad. I'd say Omega Supreme is the best toy because he looks like he walked right off the animation cell.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-13, 06:04 AM
I see your browser has auto-corrected beachconber to omega supreme there. Don't worry, happens to all of us.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-13, 06:06 AM
Directly contradicting what you said about him creating the Constructicons. I'm on Twitter, mate, if you're going to troll you'll need to do better than this.

Bravo! Does you also havez the facebooks? ��

dura
2016-05-13, 06:46 AM
I would like a third party or Hasbro to come out with an upgrade kit for G1 Omega Supreme. He could use some extensions for his track.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-13, 07:46 AM
Bravo! Does you also havez the facebooks? ��

I've even got the ChatSnaps! Yay living in the confusing and scary futurez.

But seriouslies, the ability to receive incomprehensible provocation from anonymous strangers has definitely kicked up to another level since social media came to the fore.

dura
2016-05-13, 03:56 PM
I like this:
http://youtu.be/j8e18BfWlNs
It shows Galvatron's firepower and Omega's resiliency, self-sacrafice, and durability.

inflatable dalek
2016-05-13, 04:07 PM
I think Beast Wars Megatron is the best Megatron myself.

dura
2016-05-13, 04:18 PM
I think Beast Wars Megatron is the best Megatron myself.

The Beast wars Megatron was not really Megatron. He was just some bot who idolized the real Megatron and decided to adopt the name.

inflatable dalek
2016-05-13, 04:23 PM
I'm named after Stewart Granger, but despite us not being the same person (and the spelling) I can definitely say that out of the two of us I am the best Stewart.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-13, 04:25 PM
I'm named after Stewart Granger, but despite us not being the same person (and the spelling) I can definitely say that out of the two of us I am the best Stewart.

Seconded. I'd go so far as to say you are the greatest Stewart I know.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-13, 04:28 PM
Also: Beast wars is the one of the few toy line where megatron doesn't become galvatron right? I know he does in g1 cause I saw the movie but he also does ij the bayformers universe, he did in armada/energon and I think he does in certain tellins of the robots in disguise toys as well.

dura
2016-05-13, 04:28 PM
So Optimus Primal is the best Optimus Prime?

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-13, 04:33 PM
Maybe.....

No beach comber though.

inflatable dalek
2016-05-13, 04:34 PM
Seconded. I'd go so far as to say you are the greatest Stewart I know.

Though obviously I'm just talking first names, I'm not saying I'm better than James Stewart.

That is for other people to say.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-13, 04:40 PM
Though obviously I'm just talking first names, I'm not saying I'm better than James Stewart.

That is for other people to say.

Don't push it. Whatever about James Stewart, Patrick Stewart is down that path.

dura
2016-05-13, 04:41 PM
Then I am Omega Supreme:
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/thumb/2/2b/G1-BigBroadcast_Omega_Supreme_looming.jpg/200px-G1-BigBroadcast_Omega_Supreme_looming.jpg

inflatable dalek
2016-05-13, 04:42 PM
Don't push it. Whatever about James Stewart, Patrick Stewart is down that path.

*Stroeks full head of hair*

Patrick Stewart wishes he had this.

Skyquake87
2016-05-13, 04:50 PM
...as do i.

sad face.

dura
2016-05-13, 04:50 PM
Why is Omega Supreme such an underwritten character?

Why isn't Galvatron as prominent in IDW as Megatron? And why hasn't he gotten a Masterpiece figure yet, while Megatron has?

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-13, 04:55 PM
The Beast wars Megatron was not really Megatron.

Apart from that time that he took G1 Megatron's spark on board and technically was.

Also: Beast wars is the one of the few toy line where megatron doesn't become galvatron right?

Yeah, BW Galvatron is an entirely separate character.

From RiD onwards that became pretty much standard, due to Takara loving their third-act power-up recolours and Hasbro having very little imagination on the naming front.

Skyquake87
2016-05-13, 04:55 PM
Isn't Galvatron a key protagonist in the comic formerly known as Robots In Disguise?

I'm sure he'll get an MP figure someday.

Omega Supreme isn't underwritten. His appearances in various TF media have been in keeping with his less than verbose personality. Do you mean why hasn't he got more exposure? Because if so, you could say that about 95% of all Transformers characters ever. Just be thankful you're not a Doublecross fan or something.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-13, 04:57 PM
Why is Omega Supreme such an underwritten character?

Because David Wise is running an illuminati conspiracy yo.

Why isn't Galvatron as prominent in IDW as Megatron?

Because Furman isn't writing it anymore.

And why hasn't he gotten a Masterpiece figure yet, while Megatron has?

Beachcomber hasn't gotten a Masterpiece figure yet, but Slicer has. What's your point?

inflatable dalek
2016-05-13, 04:58 PM
So Slicer is better than Beachcomber?

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-13, 05:00 PM
BLATANTLY NOT THAT'S MY POINT.

They're holding off on Galvatron because you save the best* till last.

* Flywheels, obvs.

inflatable dalek
2016-05-13, 05:01 PM
BLATANTLY NOT THAT'S MY POINT.

I apologise for being the person in this thread missing the point.

dura
2016-05-13, 05:03 PM
Will we get a Masterpiece Omega Spreme?

I want IDW to give Omega his own Spotlight issue, not just be featured in someone else's.

I want him to be more of a central character and get more panel time.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-13, 05:04 PM
I want him to be more of a central character and get more panel time.

I want Emma Stone to nip round for a cup of tea and a lifetime, but shit doesn't work that way.

dura
2016-05-13, 05:10 PM
I want David Wise to apologize for this:
David Wise, who wrote much of Omega Supreme's backstory in the original animated series, has described Omega Supreme as a "stupid character" which was based on a toy that was "completely illogical," and that as such he felt it would be amusing to give the character a complex past.[1]
Has he ever said he was sorry? Has he printed a retraction saying he misspoke? Will we ever get an apology from him?

inflatable dalek
2016-05-13, 05:13 PM
It was actually his nearby Decepticon Counterpart who said that.

Skyquake87
2016-05-13, 05:15 PM
why should he apologise either? That's a legitimate criticism of the character - as outlined previously.

...i feel like i'm on a roundabout

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Brendocon 2.0
http://www.tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=54650

dura
Omega Supreme killed Starscream in Marvel Transformers #19 "Command Performances".

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-13, 05:16 PM
Will he ever care?

And what should he apologise for? Disagree with him if you like but theres nothing for him really to apologise for is there.

I mean omega is a fun toy at best but even as a kid I thought he was a shit transformer.

Skyquake87
2016-05-13, 05:16 PM
Yes he did.

I brushed my teeth this morning.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-13, 05:18 PM
Omega Supreme killed Starscream in Marvel Transformers #19 "Command Performances".

Did a pretty shit job of it, given he was still alive and well to murder everybody* in the Underbase.

* if you're ATT in 2000

dura
2016-05-13, 05:21 PM
http://www.tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=54650

Thank you for this:

WEEKLY WORLD TRANSFORMERS

David Wise has apologised for previously suggesting that Omega Supreme is a bit rubbish, in news that will finally mean we can all sleep well tonight.

Wise, who made a living in the 80s by recycling plot ideas and dialogue through episodes of Masters of the Universe, Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and probably a dozen other cartoons, had previously suggested that Omega Supreme's toy didn't make sense in the way it was used in the original Transformers animated series.

But he has today admitted that he was "totes wrong", before going on to say that "it actually makes a ****tonne of sense that only the arms form the rocket and there's a new body unit waiting at his destination, regardless of where that might be, and I was a damn fool for suggesting otherwise."

Wise, who became the Transformers writing team's expert on logic after writing an episode in which the Decepticons use invisibility spray to reprogram the Autobot regeneration units and turn them evil, went on to say "Previously I'd assumed that the body just teleported to wherever he was going, and that clearly didn't make sense because why wouldn't he just teleport his arms as well? But it's since been pointed out to me that he's just got lots of bodies all over space, which of course now makes total sense."

After recanting his previously publicised opinion, Wise went on to say that he's really sorry that his feelings about a fictional character have caused you emotional distress and that he wants to be your friend and maybe go on holiday together in October when the prices have come down a bit.

Though he did go on to say that "Of course Galvatron is better than Megatron. I mean that's just science."

Everyone read this.

Skyquake87
2016-05-13, 05:23 PM
Priceless.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-13, 05:26 PM
Skip to the end....

And galvatron comes up a winner again. Its in weekly world transformers, it must be true!!!

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-13, 05:30 PM
Thank you for this:

Words can't express how welcome you are.

dura
2016-05-13, 11:38 PM
What about Galvatron is an upgrade from Megatron?

dura
2016-05-18, 04:56 PM
Didn't Transformers: Animated give Omega Supreme the star treatment?

Skyquake87
2016-05-18, 06:28 PM
Yes. I think I mentioned that :)

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-18, 07:05 PM
Yeah, because the fact that things have already been mentioned has been a key plotpoint in the thread so far...

dura
2016-05-18, 07:33 PM
In Dark Cybertron it was clear Megatron was the most dominant Decepticon, holding his own against a super-powered Shockwave. Galvatron was only able to slip in because Megatron became an Autobot. The Decepticons respected Megatron and Shockwave more than Galvatron.

I heard Prowl Devastator slapped around Monstructor like it was nobody's business. How did Prowl become part of a gestalt.

Omega Supreme was punching Monstructor in the face continuously in Regeneration, as well as blew Monstructor to bits with his plasma blaster. He also dominated Devastator in "All Hail Megatron".

Is Omega Supreme more powerful than the gestalts, maybe even Metroplex?

inflatable dalek
2016-05-18, 07:48 PM
Yeah, because the fact that things have already been mentioned has been a key plotpoint in the thread so far...

Is that plot in the Michael Bay sense of the word?

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-18, 08:00 PM
It's "plot" in the sense of "a bit more gunpowder probably required and nobody tell the mods"

I heard Prowl Devastator slapped around Monstructor like it was nobody's business. How did Prowl become part of a gestalt.

First Aid could slap around Monstructor. Monstructor's shit.

Prowl became part of Devastator because Beachcomber gave him an upgrade.

Sades
2016-05-18, 10:48 PM
It's "plot" in the sense of "a bit more gunpowder probably required and nobody tell the mods"

*eyeball*

Though really, who am I to pretend I'm any better.

That's not acquiescence, mind.

The entire argument is moot, anyway. We all know the Death Star could take out Unicron, no problem.

dura
2016-05-18, 10:50 PM
How do we get Omega more panel time. He's used very scarcely in IDW. Is it something fans can demand like with Marvel in the 80's with Transformers #19 "You asked for him, you got him. OMEGA SUPREME!" Fans writing in were the ones who got Omega into the Marvel series.

dura
2016-05-19, 02:57 AM
This is why I love Optimus Prime and Megatron, and hate Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime:

P7GeisRaias

The greatest choreographed fight of all time, nice uppercut, light saber, tackle,............if only Hot Rod did not interfere.

Astrotrain looked bad-ass as well.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-19, 08:26 AM
The greatest choreographed fight of all time

Jesus ****ing christ.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-19, 08:52 AM
This is why I love Optimus Prime and Megatron, and hate Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime:

P7GeisRaias

The greatest choreographed fight of all time, nice uppercut, light saber, tackle,............if only Hot Rod did not interfere.

Astrotrain looked bad-ass as well.

IDW actually did a comic based on if hot rod doesn't interfere.

Its frickin horrible. Even you would hate it dura - Prime just shoots megatrons head off at the end of the fight

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-19, 08:53 AM
Beach ****ing comber.

Fixed that for ya!

dura
2016-05-19, 04:37 PM
So if Hot Rod does not interfere Optimus would still be alive, and Megatron would not have been turned into Galvatron, and possibly Shockwave would not have been killed.

Skyquake87
2016-05-19, 06:24 PM
Whilst it does seem like all Hot Rod's fault, I reckon the fight would have turned out in a similar fashion - Megatron had already been stalling by 'begging' for mercy so he could reach the pistol. If Prime hadn't dallied and just gone for the shot, Megatron would still have likely been able to dodge the shot, grab the pistol and shoot Prime in the robo-kidnies.

Also, there's nothing in what's seen in the animated film to suggest Shockwave is dead. We last see him saying "Decepticons scramble!" and nothing more. Hence the Marvel UK stories having him pick up the Deception leadership after the battle with Unicron and Galvatron's disappearance.

dura
2016-05-19, 07:44 PM
Optimus Prime was aimed and ready to fire. He couldn't because Hot Rod was in the way. Hot Rod threw himself in as a prop to be use by Megatron as a shield so he could grab the pistol and kill Optimus Prime.

That's why Hot Rod said to Prime, "Forgive me, Optimus."

Is death always this random, sudden and senseless in real life.

Do we look back and say if only this hadn't been done, that person would still be alive today?

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-20, 06:11 AM
Optimus Prime was aimed and ready to fire. He couldn't because Hot Rod was in the way. Hot Rod threw himself in as a prop to be use by Megatron as a shield so he could grab the pistol and kill Optimus Prime.

That's why Hot Rod said to Prime, "Forgive me, Optimus."

Is death always this random, sudden and senseless in real life.

Do we look back and say if only this hadn't been done, that person would still be alive today?

Eh..... no. Most people die of natural causes, not because a young upstart gets involved with their to-the-death battle with a robotic dictator.

dura
2016-05-20, 02:15 PM
Hot Rod changed the whole course of Transformers history.

Imagine how different it would have been if Optimus Prime and Megatron were still the leaders of the Autobots and Decepticons coming out of the animated movie.

I guarantee you we would have gone way past Season 3 to Season 4, 5, 6, 7,........

We've seen what we get with Galvatron..........cancellation, "Heart of Darkness",......

inflatable dalek
2016-05-20, 02:17 PM
Bringing Optimus Prime back is clearly what cancelled the show, it only lasted three more episodes.

dura
2016-05-20, 02:49 PM
Bringing Optimus Prime back is clearly what cancelled the show, it only lasted three more episodes.

The show lost viewers after the animated movie because it killed off so many of the Transformers that fans knew and loved. They brought Optimus back as s last ditch effort to bring those fans back.

But it was too late because Rodimus and Galvatron had done too much damage. They would not have brought back Optimus if that was not the case. They saw the uproar and the drop-off in viewership after killing Optimis and Megatron off in the animated movie.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-20, 02:54 PM

I think you'll find not featuring the year's best and most popular toy was probably its biggest mistake.

I mean imagine all the kids tuning in to the new event mini... there he is in the opening credits... but what's this? Where is he? Nowhere to be seen.

Cue Sunbow getting so many "where's Flywheels?" letters of complaint that they have to shut down the entire studio while they go through them. And by the time all the letters have been dealt with... oops. Forgot to make anymore episodes.

Whereas Headmasters had Flywheels in it and the Japanese cartoon ran for another three years.

CASE CLOSED.

dura
2016-05-20, 03:03 PM
It didn't help having David Wise write "Rebirth". That probably killed the show.

Reviving and bringing back Optimus Prime and Megatron would have saved it.

inflatable dalek
2016-05-20, 03:07 PM
They did revive Optimus Prime. I think someone mentioned that (and Megatron is in Return of Op Part 1 was well!).

dura
2016-05-20, 03:11 PM
Optimus Prime and Megatron gave us Season 1 and a long Season 2, and Transformers: The Animated Movie.

And you're treating them this way? That's like treating someone bad after they've given you money.

inflatable dalek
2016-05-20, 03:13 PM
And because I'm probably guilty of adding to the circular nature of this thread, to get back to the opening question...

When it comes to favourite Transformers, one big way I've changed since I was a kid is that I have a much bigger appreciation of Optimus Prime himself. Never disliked him, but was never that bothered by him. But I've really come to love pretty much every Peter Cullen associated version over the decade plus I've been in fandom.

I think though that my favourite all time Decepticon remains Marvel Bludgeon.

Last second response to the post made whilst I was writing that: I work in retail, I treat everyone who give me money badly.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-20, 03:19 PM
When it comes to favourite Transformers, one big way I've changed since I was a kid is that I have a much bigger appreciation of Optimus Prime himself. Never disliked him, but was never that bothered by him. But I've really come to love pretty much every Peter Cullen associated version over the decade plus I've been in fandom.

Yeah, it's easy to be dismissive and make jokes about boring one-dimensional goody-goodies, etc, but as I've gotten older I've acquired a ****tonne of affection for the sheer upstanding Hero Quality of the character. Represents an ideal, and you gotta respect that.

Not to the degree that I forget he's a fictional character created by a group of writers in order to flog toys, as certain people in this thread seem to have done, but still.

dura
2016-05-20, 03:22 PM
Well there's one thing I do like about Galvatron:

yLtzA0A7w90

It's the best thing that came out of the animated movie. Maybe bringing him back is what caused the cancellation of the show.

dura
2016-05-20, 04:12 PM
Never forget that the g1 animated media drive the toys:

GyIzzBf18pg

Not the other way around.

And now that we have third-party toys, it makes Hasbro and Takara almost obsolete.

inflatable dalek
2016-05-20, 05:20 PM
Tarantulas is a character I like as well.

dura
2016-05-20, 11:49 PM
Is the Galvatron G1 toy with movie-accurate colors a fun toy to have?

Or is the Masterpiece G1 Shockwave better?

Skyquake87
2016-05-21, 03:20 PM
Well, they're two different characters who happen to share a colour scheme. Depends on how much you like purple.

In terms of the overall quality of the toys, the comparator isn't fair. Galvatron's original toy is exactly what you'd expect from an '86 TF. MP Shockwave is at the other end of the design and engineering spectrum.

Ultimately, it depends on what you're looking for.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-21, 03:29 PM
I always look for a galvatron myself but I didn't like the recolour when I got to see it in the plastic. Looked paler than the movie.

For the record, Vicki vale loves purple in the first Tim burton batman so would probably go for shockwave. Worth noting though, like many discussed here, she is a fictional character.

dura
2016-05-21, 07:06 PM
I'm starving for G1 Transformers iPad game. Transformers Legends was okay but I don't like in-app purchases and it wasn't very realistic.

Is "Angry Birds Transformers" the best option.

I never played "Angry Birds". Why is it so popular?

I tried playing "Angry Birds Transformers" a few months ago but it was too hard. I couldn't keep up with everything that was going on, so I deleted it.

Is it worth try again? I heard that they have cool events where if you collect all the Combaticons you can form Bruticus. Is that true?

I like the Combaticons and Bruticus better ever since they kicked Devastator's butt and beat Shockwave to take over Cybertron.

Is Omega Supreme featured in the game as well?

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-22, 02:49 AM
Is "Angry Birds Transformers" the best option.Yes

I never played "Angry Birds". Why is it so popular?Galvatron is in it

Is it worth try again? I heard that they have cool events where if you collect all the Combaticons you can form Bruticus. Is that true? Yes, but only if you shout at the screen "Bruticus Angry". The Speaker will recognise you impersonating Bruticus and decide if you did a good job. If you did, Bruticus appears. If you didn't, you get Abominus

Is Omega Supreme featured in the game as well? Yeah, but there's a bit of a snag. Its only his rocket mode so when you transform, you only get his hands. Looks like David Wise was right. Omega is a stupid transformer

Hope that helps!

dura
2016-05-22, 03:14 AM
Galvatron is a cool design.

I'd like to see a Megatron vs Galvatron epic battle in IDW.

I also like the Insecticons and thought it was a downgrade when they got changed into generic Sweeps.

Thank you for the info Red Dave Prime. May I call you friend?

dura
2016-05-22, 05:39 AM
According to the letter page of Marvel UK issue #285, External Forces!, Omega is tougher than a "block of triple-strength Durabylium Steel."

Are the Marvel UK Transformers comics as good as the US?

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-22, 09:38 AM
May I call you friend?

You can call me Al.

Skyquake87
2016-05-22, 07:18 PM
I'd say the Marvel UK TF comics are better than the US stories. They're certainly more visceral and do a lot more interesting things with the subject matter. Whilst Bob's work is solid and there are some real highlights during the 50 issues he wrote, he's often hamstrung by the demands of Hasbro and having to constantly feature the latest new toys in the stories he wrote.

The artwork in the UK comic is also streets ahead of the US book, it has to be said.

dura
2016-05-22, 09:20 PM
Someone said Galvatron was the main character in the Marvel UK run. That's cool.

It seems like the only singular character who has been able to carry their own book is Megatron via "All Hail Megatron". I read the first issue and the way the characters ar drawn is the spitting image of the G1 cartoon.

I'd like IDW to do more of that style of artwork.

dura
2016-05-23, 01:03 AM
Is the Japanese G1 worth watching?

Sades
2016-05-23, 04:30 AM
Only if you're setting it on fire first.*

*You might like it. I just saw an opening to make a cheap joke, so I took it.

Hound
2016-05-23, 06:57 AM
It's mostly dull IMO TBH

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-23, 08:15 AM
Someone said Galvatron was the main character in the Marvel UK run. That's cool.

It's Skids actually, but it's a common mistake.

It seems like the only singular character who has been able to carry their own book is Megatron via "All Hail Megatron".

All Hail Megatron is not about Megatron. It's about what happens if Megatron "wins" and focusses on everybody.

Drift on the other hand has had loads of solo books. He's the bestest there is at what he does. And what he does is have solo books.

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-23, 12:04 PM
Its odd that drift has had so much love - spotlight and 2 minis - and yet is never written as a major character. Not even with AHM.

dura
2016-05-23, 09:41 PM
Japanese G1 gave a lot of love to Galvatron, Fortress Maximus, and Computron which is awesome.

dura
2016-05-24, 12:18 AM
Is Bumblebee a fan favorite because he's the smallest and weakest Transformer.

dura
2016-05-24, 02:50 AM
This is one of my favorite scenes in Transformers history:

3FAxULIcFS0

And is the reason why I like Computron. He reminds me of Omega Supreme.

Has he made an appearance in IDW, or is he underwritten like Omega?

Red Dave Prime
2016-05-24, 08:18 AM
Dont think he has appeared - someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the Technobots are in Stormbringer and they pretty much get torn apart by Bludgeons guys. At that point, they would not have had the ability to combine into Computron.

dura
2016-05-24, 09:30 AM
Why do you think Computron has gotten such little love in the comics? He's a cool character, and he's a gestalt.

dura
2016-05-24, 10:00 AM
Who are the Wreckers? Are they the Junkions from the G1 cartoon?

Who's Jiaxhus? Who's Overlord? Who's Thunderwing?

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-24, 10:12 AM

Yes.

Beachcomber made them all to kill Megatron.

dura
2016-05-24, 04:41 PM
You're at your best when the goin' gets rough
You've been put to the test, but it's never enough!

You got the touch
You got the power

When all hell's breakin' loose
You'll be riding the eye of the storm

You got the heart
You got the motion

"Autobots, transform and roll out!"

And you never get hit when your back's to the wall
Gonna fight to the end and you're takin' it all!

"I knew you had potential kid!"

Know that when things get too tough
You got the touch

"Let this mark the end of the Cybertronian wars as we move forward to a new age of peace and happiness."

"Till all are One!"

Skyquake87
2016-05-24, 07:13 PM

The Wreckers are essentially the Autobots Black Ops/ Wet Works team, nominally comprised of:

Impactor, Springer, Roadbuster, Top Spin, Whirl, Rack 'N' Ruin and Twin Twist.

Jhiaxus was the protanganist in Transformers : Generation 2. He was part of a (wait for it) second generation of Transformers that arose during the Autobots and Decepticons exile from Cybertron. These second generation Transformers had rediscovered the reproductive process of Transformers (think celluar division) and created thousands and thousands of new Transformers. Jihaxus was a Decepticon warlord who joined the new Cybertronian empire that spread out across the universe. In IDWs continuity, he's an amoral scientist and part of the original Ark crew under Nova Prime that discovered the Dead Universe.

Overlord is the dual Godmaster Destron from the Japanese series Masterforce. He was a lifeless Transector machine piloted by the humanoid 'engines', Giga and Mega. In IDWs comic continuity he is a Phase-Sixer, brought in at the end stage of the Decepticons Infiltration protocol to wipe out a given planet's population so the Decepticons can move in and strip the planet of its resources and/ or Cyberform it. Overlord abandoned his post and expected Megatron to give chase. He didn't. Overlord has since tried to grab Megatron's attention by staging ever more horrific war crimes against he fellow Transformers.

Thunderwing was the local Decepticon commander on Cybertron in Marvel's continuity who came up against the renewed Autobot offensive, following the return of Bumblebee, Jazz and Grimlock to Cybertron. Thunderwing had an affinity for the Matrix and sought to use its power to defeat the Autobots. Sadly for Thunderwing, the Matrix had become corrupted by the time he came to possess it, and the Matrix possessed him. He was destroyed as the Matrix creature tried to possess Unicron. In IDWs continuity, he was part of a small group of Decepticons whom developed Pretender technology. Merging with his new outer shell drove Thunderwing insane and he levelled the planet Nebulous and IIRC, the resultant forces unleashed by Thunderwing also left Cybertron a barren husk (although its been a very long time since I read Stormbringer).

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-24, 07:16 PM
Why lie?

Skyquake87
2016-05-24, 07:17 PM
I was feeling whimsical. And it is Tuesday, after all.

dura
2016-05-24, 09:26 PM
What is the Lost Light?

I don't want to pay for comics. I'm hoping the tidbits you're giving me will tell the story.

Sades
2016-05-24, 09:31 PM
http://tfwiki.net

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-24, 09:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ze87zQFSak

dura
2016-05-24, 10:01 PM
Tf wiki is not comprehensive. I was hearing about scenes on a podcast where Omega Supreme is pounding Monstructor's face and that's not on tf wiki.

Don't rely on just once source. You want to use multiple sources.

Sades
2016-05-24, 10:14 PM
Thanks, never would have figured that one out on my own.

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-24, 10:17 PM
Don't rely on just once source. You want to use multiple sources.

No, you want to do your own research. You know what the best source is? The ****ing material. Go read it. Don't want to pay to do so? Tough.

Transformers consists of 30+ years of toys and multimedia storytelling. Condensing it into one resource involves the occasional detail being omitted here and there. Like maybe not listing every move from a fight scene.

You want to know absolutely every last detail of something? Read it your ****ing self. Don't expect us to pander to inane, random, contextless questions, then get snippy when we show you how to find out the answers yourself.

dura
2016-05-24, 10:55 PM
I'm feeling attacked right now. I don't disagree with what you're saying. I just feel like the tone of the discourse is negative.

Can we soften the tone a little bit?

Brendocon 2.0
2016-05-24, 11:06 PM
I'll soften my tone when you take on board what other people are saying and make a vague effort to seem like you're capable of engaging in actual discussion. If you act like a bad chatbot you'll get treated like one.

dura
2016-05-25, 12:28 AM
These Transformers comics have such complex stories.

I think I can learn a lot from you SkyQuake. You seem like a comic book afficianado.

Are you an Omega Supreme fanboy?

Sades
2016-05-25, 12:34 AM
dura, I'm going to go ahead and say that Brend's advice (while a little... pointed) is sound.

Plus you're unlikely to get anyone to tell you the plot of anything now that you've stated the reason you're asking is because you don't want to buy comics. Please stop asking about comic specifics on our board. There are literally tons of resources on the web that will give the general gist of the events that happen in the comics (including our own review section), if you're not going to read the comics, don't expect anyone to give you a play-by-play.

dura
2016-05-25, 01:11 AM
Is Galvatron more powerful than Sixshot?

In the Japanese G1 cartoon Galvatron told Sixshot he was going to be sacrificed so that Galvatron could attach his head to Cybertron and become like Unicron.

Sixshot did not like it but he kept quiet. Was he afraid of Galvatron?