PDA

View Full Version : Is G1 simply the best?

Marisa
2017-08-17, 04:15 PM
Is Megatron better than Galvatron?

Could Megatron have led the Deceptions to more G1 seasons?

Did fans miss Megatron?

Did Hasbro overlook Megatron's fan base, and have myopic, tunnel-vision for Optimus Prime?

Was Megatron the key to saving G1 that Hasbro just forgot about.

Did Hasbro give us back only the Optimus Ying, and failed to include the Megatron yang.

Did they give us back Batman without the Joker?

Marisa
2017-08-19, 05:02 AM
Was it inappropriate for the Sweeps to do the Hitler salute and say, "All Hail Galvatron!"

Or was it cutting edge?

Marisa
2017-08-19, 01:17 PM
G1 Megatron is badass, no:

oSGOx07iFIA

Cyberstrike nTo
2017-08-19, 03:17 PM
Define which "G1" you mean.

80s G1 cartoon show?

80s G1 Marvel US Comics?

80s G1 Marvel UK Comics?

80s G1 Toys?

2000 G1 Dreamwave Comics?

Current IDW G1 Comics?

Current Universe/Generations/Combiner Wars/Titans Return/Power of the Primes Toys?

Current G1 Video Games War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron/Devastation?

Current web based animated series The Prime Wars Trilogy?

The Japanese G1 Trilogy Headmasters/Masterforce/Victory and the OVAs Scramble City and Zone?

The Japanese G1 Manga?

Marisa
2017-08-19, 03:30 PM
It's all G1, everything you mentioned.

For me the 80's G1 cartoon show is closest to my heart. It's what I most care about.

Any of the other media that you listed that I can look at and see the G1 cartoon is G1 to me.

The Japanese G1 cartoon reminds me what could have been if the American G1 had gone on. Though I do not agree with the direction they took with the story, the cartoon itself uses all the same character models, backgrounds, and animation as the American G1 cartoon.

I wish they would create a Transformers cartoon using the same 80's animation cells, character and background drawings, and voice actors, as well as the same 80's music.

Why don't they?

Cyberstrike nTo
2017-08-19, 06:49 PM
Some of the original voice actors most notably Scatman Crothers, Chris Latta, Casey Kasem, and Robert Gutier, (Jazz, Starscream, Cliffjumper/Bluestreak, and Rodimus Prime respectfully) have all passed away.

Hand drawn cell animation is going the way of the dinosaur in favor of digital rendering and painting even traditional looking cartoons are using this.

Marisa
2017-08-19, 08:03 PM
Hand-drawn animations looks better to me.

We still have Frank Welker, but he can no longer do G1 Megatron's voice. Isn't that sad?

Marisa
2017-08-21, 05:18 PM
Why was G1 cancelled? "Rebirth" was set to be a 5 parter. What happened?

Marisa
2017-08-23, 02:30 AM
What's a Titan in the G1 IDW Transformers comic universe?

And is G1 Omega Supreme the baddest of them all?

Denyer
2017-08-23, 11:37 AM
- Cheaper to keep comics on shelves, reissue old figures, etc than produce animation for a waning franchise.

- JFGI

- Probably not since he got brought down by Buzzsaw.

Warcry
2017-08-23, 03:16 PM
I could definitely make an argument that G1 is the best part of the franchise, simply because there's so much more to it than any of the franchises that followed. It ran for much longer and had more toys, more comics and more cartoon episodes than almost any other series (Rescue Bots actually has a couple more episodes, now). Even though other series peaked higher (and I'm obviously a big Beast Wars fan myself) there's just so much more G1 to enjoy. And between IDW comics and Generations and MP toys, there's lots more coming out even now.

Did Hasbro overlook Megatron's fan base, and have myopic, tunnel-vision for Optimus Prime?
Don't think Hasbro had the slightest idea what they were doing at the time, honestly. Selling toys via a cartoon was still a new thing back in the early 80s, and they simply didn't realize that kids would bond with the cartoon characters as strongly as they did.

Marisa
2017-08-24, 02:35 AM
Is Megatron's fusion cannon more powerful than Galvatron's arm cannon, or are they exactly the same? I read somewhere that Galvatron's cannon emits mostly electricity. Wouldn't Megatron's fusion cannon be superior to a weapon of this nature, like how a gasoline-powered vehicle is generally more powerful than an electric vehicle?

Galvatron is assumed to be stronger and more powerful in the G1 cartoon but Megatron's G1 toy tech specs are more impressive than Galvatron's. How do they compare in the IDW comic universe?

I know in the G1 Marvel universe Megatron is said to be the most powerful Decepticon, defeating all the Dinobots put together. He also defeated the Predacons, and obliterated them in their gestalt form Predaking. It's hard to believe that Galvatron would be more powerful than that.

Heinrad
2017-08-24, 02:37 AM
Um..... Why can't Frank Welker do G1 Megatron's voice? He sounded very G1 in the Prime series.

What I want to know is why the won't let Peter Cullen voice Ironhide anymore.

Marisa
2017-08-24, 02:43 AM
The Prime Megatron and the G1 Megatron voices are not the same.

I'm sorry but Frank Welker has lost the G1 Megatron voice. Even he admits he can't do it anymore.

Marisa
2017-08-24, 04:10 PM
Are the Marvel G1 comics worth purchasing?

Hound
2017-08-25, 12:02 AM
Depends on how much nostalgia you have for that time period. I grew up watching the cartoon, reading those comics and playing with those toys so I love all of it. It also depends on how critical you want to be about them. They aren't particularly good stories so if you tend to nitpick things you aren't going to find much enjoyment from them.

I imagine you can still get the collected editions from somewhere and that is the way I would go if I were you. You don't want to be paying back issue prices for the individual issues.

Marisa
2017-08-25, 02:14 AM
Are the G1 Marvel comics as good as the G1 cartoon?

Marisa
2017-08-25, 02:55 AM
Which G1 character set is considered better: Thundercracker, Skywarp, and the Insecticons or their reformatted forms Cyclonus, Scourge, and the Sweeps?

Denyer
2017-08-25, 06:37 PM
The Unicronian Decepticons are generally portrayed as more powerful, although teleportation is a game-changer as would be the powers of the Insecticons if taken to logical conclusion.

Comics vs cartoon... it all mixes together and is better as a slice of history like that, really. The show brings voice acting that defines some of the main character as much as any writing, and the UK and US comics have a fair amount of science fiction as well as fantasy.

Marisa
2017-08-25, 09:26 PM
I can't afford the Transformers toys, at least the G1 stuff that I like. I had to stop after G1 Omega Supreme. He's my only one. Why was he so expensive? He's worth it though.

I have to find satisfaction in the media, the G1 cartoon and animated movie. They're great. I just want more of that kind of stuff.

Is the Japanese G1 worth getting into?

The only Transformers game I like is the Angry Birds one. It's just I was really disappointed in Galvatron. He can't fire continuously like Soundwave and Bludgeon.

I can't get into Earth Wars and Forged to Fight.

Animated is too kitty-Kat. I like my Transformers badass. And I don't like the humans in Prime; they're just too much.

How can I satisfy my craving for more G1?

Does Angry Birds Galvatron's firepower ever get any better? I keep ranking him up and his blasting is still delayed? I want a Galvatron that I can be proud of.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Megatron is better. However, I admired Galvatron's firepower in the G1 cartoon.

inflatable dalek
2017-08-25, 09:30 PM
Nah, Simply the Best was Tina Turner.

Marisa
2017-08-25, 10:06 PM
I know the Transformers: The Animated movie was made in the 80's, a time of sex, fun, and freedom.

G1 Galvatron's arm cannon resembles a penis in both form and function. Was it meant to be a phallic symbol?

Is it possible that Hasbro was secretly trying to market to girls, just as Filmation and Mattel were trying to draw in girls by introducing She-ra in The Secret of the Sword the year prior to the release of the Transformers animated movie?

inflatable dalek
2017-08-25, 10:09 PM
Young girls are drawn in by penises?

Marisa
2017-08-25, 10:14 PM
Young girls are drawn in by penises?

I was talking about girls who are of legal age, like I was.

Red Dave Prime
2017-08-26, 12:01 AM
I feel we are going to have to bring up kiss players if we are going down that road.

Wasn't it Freud who said sometimes a fusion cannon is just a fusion cannon? Or was that Froid?

Marisa
2017-08-26, 08:49 PM
Why do the Autobot and Decepticon Transformers that were at the beginning of the 1986 Animated movie seem better than the Transformers we got at the end of the movie?

Are the Season 1/2 G1 Transformers better than the Season 3/4 G2 Transformers?

Is it okay for me to think everything else is feces (eg. Beast Wars, Animated, Prime, Bay live-action movies, etc.)?

Skyquake87
2017-08-27, 07:42 AM
You can think that, and that's fine, but you're cutting yourself off to a lot of fun stuff.

The '86 characters in the movie seem better as they got more screen time in 86 minutes than the enitre cast of the '84 - '85 seasons, so benefited from some characterisation. Plus, everyone else had been killed off and Hasbro wanted to push the new guys to sell toys.

I think S3-4 of the US cartoon are generally better than the first 2 seasons.

Marisa
2017-08-27, 05:59 PM
The "Call of the Primitives" shows that Unicron was created by a small frog-like creature. This implies that the Unicronian Decepticons are probably not as well engineered. Galvatron did not get fitted with a proper helmet, causing the plasma to seep in and make him crazy. Megatron was not effected when all the Decepticons fell into lava at the end of "Heavy Metal War." Shockwave even said in "Countdown to Extinction" that Megatron was indestructible.

In "Webworld" Motormaster, Swindle, and Laserbeak threatened Cyclonus to his face that if he did not fix Galvatron they would get rid of all the Unicronian Decepticons, like they're were nothing. Motormaster even smiled at Cyclonus when he said this, like he was nothing to him.

And Cyclonus followed Motormaster's direct order.

Skyquake87
2017-08-28, 11:40 AM
...Megatron wasn't that indestructible, as the events of TF:TM bore out ;)

Haven't seen 'Webworld' in quite a while, but my understanding was that Cyclonus would be facing a rebellion from the rank and file Decepticons, unless they sort out Glavatron's mental health issues. Whilst Megatron did indeed survive a dunking in lava in HMW, this wasn't the same as the plasma bath Galvatron had on Thrull - The Rebirth also showed how dangerous plasma energy is to Transformers, so the comparison cannot be drawn.

As for COP, are you assuming because of the cartoon's take on Unicron being built by the ape-like Primacon that Cyclonus, Scourge and Galvatron are somehow weaker? If so, that's fine, but just opinion... :)

For an alternate take, you could refer to the comics and the characters own Universe bios that basically state that the 3 of them are tough and the power they derive from Unicron essentially augments their strength and endurance. Whilst not unbeatable, they are very much tough nuts to crack.

Red Dave Prime
2017-08-28, 03:58 PM
Whatever the personal preference of a toy or character, I thought it was a given that unicorn three are more powerful than the deceptions that came before though, right? Galveston in particular looked to be Megatron xl in toy and story description.

Marisa
2017-08-28, 04:17 PM
It's just G1 Megatron in the cartoon was taller than his Decepticons in general, whereas Galvatron seemed to have shrunk in height. He's shorter than most of them.

That gives Megatron more credibility as a leader.

Brendocon 2.0
2017-08-28, 06:21 PM
Hey, dura. How've you been?

*checks notes from the last time we did this*

Okay. Right. Let's see...

Galvatron's head was a crown. Megatron's head was a bucket.

So the answer is Beachcomber.

Marisa
2017-08-28, 07:50 PM
I don't see how Galvatron's arm cannon could be more powerful than Megatron's fusion cannon which could channel the power a a black hole in the Marvel comics.

Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge, their Armada, and the Sweeps can no longer draw power from Unicron because Unicron was destroyed in the '86 movie.

Denyer
2017-08-28, 10:10 PM
Dubious value in a weapon that's as likely to destroy yourself and whatever planet you're standing in as what you're pointing it at.

Hey, dura. How've you been?

Confirmed, incidentally. It stimulates discussion until folk get bored...

Marisa
2017-08-28, 11:14 PM
Are G1 toys simply the best.

For example, Bruticus is probably the most remade Transformer ever. And yet, G1 Bruticus is still considered simply the best.

Marisa
2017-08-29, 02:19 AM
G1 Shockwave, according to the wiki, created Megatron and may be more powerful than Megatron.

Is G1 Shockwave more powerful than Galvatron?

Is the Masterpiece Shockwave as good as the G1 Shockwave, which many consider as one of the best G1 toys ever made?

Marisa
2017-08-29, 03:50 AM
The only thing I did not like about Megatron is the way he let Starscream talk to him:

P0TlZ6VXm9s

I don't think Galvatron would have said, "You are!" to Starscream.

Cyberstrike nTo
2017-08-29, 02:48 PM
Are G1 toys simply the best.

For example, Bruticus is probably the most remade Transformer ever. And yet, G1 Bruticus is still considered simply the best.

I would say 50% of the original Transformers toys are good the rest are crap, due to being so fragile if you look at them the wrong way they break and very limited movement and possibly. Some of them can only transform (the Trottlebots and the Battlechargers) and even then it's so simple that you can be blind and still figure them out.

Now I don't like overly complex transformations either (like the Alternators) most the current Generations have found that sweet spot between transformations and having good possibility.

Marisa
2017-08-29, 03:01 PM
I heard the Thundercracker IDW Spotlight is the best of that series, next to the Shockwave IDW Spotlight?

Is it worth purchasing?

Thundercracker was just one of Megatron's henchman in the G1 cartoon, so how could his spotlight be all that good?

Marisa
2017-08-29, 04:40 PM
G1 Galvatron is a fascinating character.

In the IDW universe, is he more powerful than Megatron? Didn't G1 Megatron receive a reformat and upgrade from G1 Shockwave in IDW?

Don't the Decepticons still see Megatron as the Alpha dog, even when Galvatron is around?

Marisa
2017-08-29, 10:57 PM
The G1 Galvatron toy does not really look like G1 cartoon Galvatron.

Have they made a Masterpiece of G1 Galvatron?

I want the electronics. Does Masterpiece gut the electronics?

I know third-party does not do electronics.

Marisa
2017-08-30, 02:15 AM
This is a testament to two of the most powerful Transformers of all time:

j8e18BfWlNs

Galvatron and Omega Supreme, G1 of course.

Marisa
2017-08-31, 04:12 PM
Why don't G1 collectors demand more electronics, spring-loaded action features, wind-up gimmicks, etc in their Transformers? All they want is dead display pieces. If that's not a "brick" then I don't know what is.

Think about how you're depriving the children of the fun we had as kids. Think about how we're depriving the next generation of scientist and engineers.

Denyer
2017-08-31, 07:27 PM
I heard the Thundercracker IDW Spotlight is the best of that series, next to the Shockwave IDW Spotlight?

Is it worth purchasing?
The Spotlights occupy an awkward position of being ancillary to the various main miniseries but some of the key moments of the continuity happen in them. Wouldn't really say any are essential, but it depends on how much you like the rest of the IDW stuff. They're in collected volumes like everything else --

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers:_Spotlight

I know third-party does not do electronics
Some do, mainly larger and MP scale stuff.

It's hard to say G1-ish collectors aren't getting gimmicks, with CW, TR, push-to-launch weapons, voyagers = triple changers, etc. It just tends to be a main gimmick per line and/or size class.

Most of the gimmicks were shit and detracted from the transformations, which is arguably the core feature that inspired kids to take up engineering and design/produce 3P figures now.

Marisa
2017-08-31, 07:45 PM
G1 Omega Supreme's electronic action features are what sold kids on the toy, and the character.

G1 collectors are clinging onto analog and mechanical. They are not going digital, electronic, and automated like the rest of the world. They are going to be left behind.

G1 collectors need to bring themselves into the 21st century.

Denyer
2017-08-31, 11:51 PM
G1 Omega Supreme's electronic action features are what sold kids on the toy, and the character.

Since most kids never owned or played with an Omega Supreme, but a lot saw the character in the cartoons or comics, I'd call bullshit.

Or to borrow a framing metaphor from some people I was listening to recently, Transformers is deeply rooted in Cold War era history, right down to the struggle for energy resources. The good guys turn into gas-guzzlers and the bad guys are consumer electronics and military vehicles. Most of those vehicle models are now unrecognisable by kids.

G1 has the twentieth century in its cyber-DNA.

Red Dave Prime
2017-09-01, 01:21 AM
G1 collectors need to bring themselves into the 21st century.

Given many collectors picked up the g1 because of the toys they remembered in their youth I don't think that makes a lot of sense.

Marisa
2017-09-01, 02:18 AM
Since most kids never owned or played with an Omega Supreme, but a lot saw the character in the cartoons or comics,.....
G1 has the twentieth century in its cyber-DNA.

G1 Omega Supreme had a really aggressive marketing campaign.

Why did most kids never own one?

Marisa
2017-09-01, 02:19 AM
Given many collectors picked up the g1 because of the toys they remembered in their youth I don't think that makes a lot of sense.

We traded in our Walkmans and rotary phones for iPods and iPhones.

Brendocon 2.0
2017-09-01, 06:42 AM
It's why my G1 collection is exclusively on iTunes. The rest of you have no excuse.

Red Dave Prime
2017-09-01, 01:36 PM
It's why my G1 collection is exclusively on iTunes. The rest of you have no excuse.

You're getting ripped off mate. I download my g1 toys from pirate bay using utoyrrent.

As for trading in old for new, iPod for walken is just the delivery method. We now buy our g1 toys online. But the toy, especially as it's a RETRO toy is sometimes better when it brings the sweet smell of nostalga. I wouldn't trade my g1 optimus prime or Soundwave for any of the masterpiece versions despite them being better designed toys.

Viva vinyl!

Brendocon 2.0
2017-09-01, 01:40 PM
Seriously though, it is genuinely hilarious to suggest that collectors need to come into the 21st century. As if we've got a choice of some futuristic option available and we're stubbornly refusing to buy it.

Marisa
2017-09-01, 01:49 PM
Seriously though, it is genuinely hilarious to suggest that collectors need to come into the 21st century. As if we've got a choice of some futuristic option available and we're stubbornly refusing to buy it.

G1 collectors do have the option to demand our G1 toys to be upgraded with electronics and chips to work with an app or multiple apps on our iPhones and iPads.

The only thing stopping this is the fact that they've said they don't want it.

Brendocon 2.0
2017-09-01, 01:51 PM
See, genuinely hilarious.

inflatable dalek
2017-09-01, 06:53 PM
I'm so 21st century now I only got 3 or 4 into a completely pointless twitter argument with some arse earlier before pulling out on the grounds it was of course a very silly thing to do.

Sad bad old 20th century me would have kept up an online argument for years.

Denyer
2017-09-01, 07:11 PM
Because the minibots and cassettes, affordable toys that didn't have "high tech" (for the time) gimmicks and were easily concealed in a pocket, hit a more realistic price point.

If everyone could get a cheap Gigawar Deathwader (http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=54656) there'd probably be more interest.

Seem to recall as a kid stopping using electronic features after the first time a set of batteries corroded inside something.

Red Dave Prime
2017-09-01, 09:44 PM
G1 collectors do have the option to demand our G1 toys to be upgraded with electronics and chips to work with an app or multiple apps on our iPhones and iPads.

The only thing stopping this is the fact that they've said they don't want it.

Or you want the original item? That's the whole point of being a collector isn't it? I accept toys have improved and moved on but if I'm collecting g1, that's not what I'm after.

It's like all those people buying the retro mini Nintendo consoles. They could get more advanced and modern games for their xbox or PlayStation but they want the original experience.

Cliffjumper
2017-09-02, 06:55 PM
Omega's construction was possibly quite off-putting to parents, if you were to lose the wrong couple of parts he'd be unusable. Hasbro abandoned Partsformers relatively quickly.

Marisa
2017-09-02, 07:14 PM
Why wasn't Galvatron offputting to parents. He was obviously modeled after Hitler. Cyclonus, Scourge, and the Sweeps even did the Hitler salute throughout the show.

Megatron seems to have been modeled after Joe Stalin.

Omega Supreme is cool because if you lose a part you can replace it online. He was probably modeled after the Incredible Hulk.

Red Dave Prime
2017-09-02, 08:25 PM
Ok, I'm out.

Marisa
2017-09-02, 08:45 PM
Omega Supreme says:

e4BwG7UF-l4

inflatable dalek
2017-09-02, 09:14 PM
You're confusing the 1985 Transformers character Omega Supreme with the TV's Incredible Hulk's counterpart David Bruce Banner.

Marisa
2017-09-02, 10:22 PM
Is Shockwave more powerful than Megatron?

Is Galvatron the most powerful Decepticon? If not, how is he able to bully everyone around. He even smacked Predaking in the back of the head, and was mean to Bruticus. Sixshot was also afraid of Galvatron.

Marisa
2017-09-03, 12:37 AM
Ok, I'm out.

I'm sorry for going from zero to Hitler in 5 seconds.

Baby come back. You can blame it all on me.

inflatable dalek
2017-09-03, 12:44 AM
The problem is you're using a 20th century (this forum dates back to 1996!) medium of communication. Like those creaky G1 fans you need to join us (and our secret comparative Hitler/Megatron conversations) in the Teenies. With three years left.

Marisa
2017-09-03, 02:40 AM
Omega Supreme has the highest healing factor in the Transformers universe. In the IDW comics I heard if the walls of his base get broken, they grow back.

This makes him the Deadpool of the Transformers universe. And since the Incredible Hulk is said to have the highest healing factor in the Marvel universe, this is another connection between Omega Supreme and the Hulk.

Marisa
2017-09-03, 03:51 AM
I found G1 Omega Supreme's theme song:

XcNXq5DUZnk

It's appropriate because he instills fear in the hearts of his enemies.

Cyberstrike nTo
2017-09-03, 12:21 PM
G1 Omega Supreme had a really aggressive marketing campaign.

For the most part: cost and availability. Since most kids in the 80s weren't going to buy the Transformers toys, it was their parents that bought them.

Bigger toys like Omega Supreme cost more and they took more shelf space in stores, and that is one reason why some of them were also hard to find back in the day. Stores only had (and still do) a limited amount shelf space for products and bigger, so bigger and more expensive toys tended not to get ordered and/or reordered than smaller and less expensive toys.

Some of the toys weren't released in some countries like the UK and Japan sometimes for various copyright/legal reasons and/or other reasons.

Marisa
2017-09-03, 03:09 PM
Was it an honor to be one of the Transformers, like G1 Omega Supreme, to star in the G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover?

Did Omega Supreme shine in it? Was he good?

Marisa
2017-09-03, 03:18 PM
Did you like it when Galvatron was reformatted and brought back to life as Super-Megatron?

Marisa
2017-09-03, 05:38 PM
Doesn't this prove that the G1 cartoon animation can be resurrected:

bq1_6D9QS9Y

to create new G1 animated cartoon episodes?

Cyberstrike nTo
2017-09-03, 10:44 PM
Was it an honor to be one of the Transformers, like G1 Omega Supreme, to star in the G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover?

Did Omega Supreme shine in it? Was he good?

No and No.

To call the Marvel G.I.Joe Meets The Transformers mini-series a piece of crap is an insult to piece of crap. The story is so stupid that it makes the worst of either cartoon shows look like Shakespeare in comparison.

Omega Supreme appears at the end of #1 to kick the Joes' ass for blowing up Bumblebee and at the start #2 he leaves Bumblebee's "remains" because Optimus Prime's first death in the Marvel US comics and the Autobots need him back at their base. So basically he's a glorified cliffhanger that only teases that he's going to kick the Joes' asses but never does a damn thing. And Joes get out of a fight that they probably knew that couldn't win. Later on when the Joes learn the truth they rebuild Bumblebee as Goldbug as an apology and at the end of this mess the Autobots leave the Joes with a beacon to contact them if they run into Decepticons and General Hawk (I think that who it was leading the Joes in this mess) declares that the Joes should stay out of the Transformers war because it doesn't involve them or is beyond human understanding.

Omega Supreme has the highest healing factor in the Transformers universe. In the IDW comics I heard if the walls of his base get broken, they grow back.

This makes him the Deadpool of the Transformers universe. And since the Incredible Hulk is said to have the highest healing factor in the Marvel universe, this is another connection between Omega Supreme and the Hulk.

No, because a cosmic powered Starscream kills Omega Supreme in #50 of the Marvel US series and he's never seen again in the US series whereas the Hulk has survived fighting Thanos when he had the Infinity Gantlet and Deadpool is immortal.

Marisa
2017-09-03, 11:14 PM
No and No.

To call the Marvel G.I.Joe Meets The Transformers mini-series a piece of crap is an insult to piece of crap. The story is so stupid that it makes the worst of either cartoon shows look like Shakespeare in comparison.

Omega Supreme appears at the end of #1 to kick the Joes' ass for blowing up Bumblebee and at the start #2 he leaves Bumblebee's "remains" because Optimus Prime's first death in the Marvel US comics and the Autobots need him back at their base. So basically he's a glorified cliffhanger that only teases that he's going to kick the Joes' asses but never does a damn thing. And Joes get out of a fight that they probably knew that couldn't win. Later on when the Joes learn the truth they rebuild Bumblebee as Goldbug as an apology and at the end of this mess the Autobots leave the Joes with a beacon to contact them if they run into Decepticons and General Hawk (I think that who it was leading the Joes in this mess) declares that the Joes should stay out of the Transformers war because it doesn't involve them or is beyond human understanding.

No, because a cosmic powered Starscream kills Omega Supreme in #50 of the Marvel US series and he's never seen again in the US series whereas the Hulk has survived fighting Thanos when he had the Infinity Gantlet and Deadpool is immortal.

These crossovers are very flattering to G1 Omega Supreme because it depicts him as a nuclear weapon, like a hydrogen or thermonuclear bomb. It does not have to be used, just the threat of it is enough.

Omega Supreme can be rebuilt. He also has self-repair mechanisms and subroutines. If he can grow back walls of his base, he probably has nanotechnology in him, like in Jason X and he has back-up power systems like the Terminator, when he got destroyed by the T1000, and his "Alternate Power" kicked in.

If Wolverine can die, so can Deadpool because that's where his healing factor is derived from, Weapon X a.k.a. Wolverine.

Omega Supreme has been around for millions of years, unlike Hulk and Deadpool, so he's proven his durability.

Cliffjumper
2017-09-03, 11:28 PM
Omega Supreme has been around for millions of years, unlike Hulk and Deadpool.

Not in the comic; he only lived for about five years from being created by Grapple to blown up by Starscream.

IIRC (and it's a piece of shit comic so I'm no expert on it) Deadpool's healing factor is much, much more powerful than Wolverine's, extending to regenerating whole limbs.

Marisa
2017-09-04, 12:05 AM
Omega Supreme was one of the Guardian Robots.

Cliffjumper
2017-09-04, 12:12 AM
Omega Supreme was one of the Guardian Robots.

In the cartoon, where he's not treated as a deterrent but as a space bus that blows up often and is replaced by Sky Lynx within 30 years. The Guardian Robots are not impressive because otherwise more than one of them would have survived a run-in with the Decepticons.

Marisa
2017-09-04, 12:26 AM
In the G1 cartoon, he was the Autobots' last line of defense.

He was the only Guardian Robot to become sentient.

He saved Superion by taking away Menasor's pipe and punching him in the face with it.

Devastator was even scared of him.

In the comics he was Metroplex's protector.

Cliffjumper
2017-09-04, 12:29 AM
Yeah, I can see why boring troll is getting boring; third time now, too. Anyone else want a play or shall I just lock?

Marisa
2017-09-04, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I can see why boring troll is getting boring; third time now, too. Anyone else want a play or shall I just lock?

I'm sorry.

Marisa
2017-09-04, 01:26 AM
I'd really like for all of us to unite behind this song:

A52--FKUQgU

Till all are One!

Brendocon 2.0
2017-09-04, 07:52 AM
IIRC (and it's a piece of shit comic so I'm no expert on it) Deadpool's healing factor is much, much more powerful than Wolverine's, extending to regenerating whole limbs.

To be fair it's difficult to really compare as Wolverine's adamantium skeleton prevents limb loss in the first oh my god what am I even doing.

Cliffjumper
2017-09-04, 09:48 AM
In some realities where he has (Age of Apocalypse) they haven't grown back. It's a tone thing but generally from memory a major injury tends to slow Logan down whereas for Wade it's just an excuse for zany meta banter.

God, I hate that book so much.

Brendocon 2.0
2017-09-04, 10:08 AM
Has Logan got the adamantium in AoA? I can't remember. Actually wait, he's actually called Weapon X isn't he, so he must have...

Fairly certain Wolverine's been blasted apart to basically just his skeleton on several occasions. Though it does usually result in a long slog while every bit of him grows back, while Wade routinely gets decapitated with no notable change to his demeanour.

I find Deadpool works best in controlled doses as a guest character or part of an ensemble, as per Uncanny X-Force. Which is of course why he has twenty seven solo books at the moment.

Marisa
2017-09-04, 02:21 PM
I heard that the Incredible Hulk probably has the highest healing factor in the Marvel universe.

Is this true?

This ability is never highlighted for him in any media.

Is Hulk's healing factor higher than that of even Wolverine and Daedpool?

Cyberstrike nTo
2017-09-04, 02:49 PM
Not in the comic; he only lived for about five years from being created by Grapple to blown up by Starscream.

Pretty much Deadpool has his head cut off and is still able to control his body and reattach his head to his body.

Marisa
2017-09-04, 09:40 PM
I heard G1 Omega Supreme is fabulous in the IDW comics.

This G1 connoisseur seems to think so:

4CUcpN1lF9k

Is Omega Supreme pound-for-pound the baddest Titan in the Transformers universe?

Marisa
2017-09-04, 10:35 PM
I know that Spider-man appeared in the Marvel Transformers comic in his black suit. I'm guessing it's because it was during the time of "Secret Wars."

Is the same power cosmic that enabled Starscream to knock Omega Supreme offline the same power cosmic that Spider-man was imbued with to make him Cosmic Spider-man?

Skyquake87
2017-09-05, 07:45 PM
Starscream absorbed The Underbase which was the combined wisdom of the ages stored in energy form or somesuch within Boltax. Optimus Prime shot it off into space to prevent its power falling into the hands of the Decepticons, as he realized that knowledge is power ...and that was too much power.

The Uni-Power that gave us Cosmic Spidey was a facet of the The Enigma Force which had its origins in the Microverse...where the Micronauts come from. IIRC, this was the same thing A.I.M. used to power Death's Head 3.0.

Dull Fact: Spider-Man appearing in his alien costume was a trade-off for Marvel featuring Spider-Man in Transformers, which Hasbro took a dim view of as they wanted their product plugged, not Marvels (hence the quiet dropping of Transformers being set in the Marvel Universe after around US #8). As Spidey had recently returned to his blue and red duds, Marvel got around problems with Hasbro by featuring Spidey in his alien suit which wasn't being promoted in any tie-in media at the time.

Just out of curiosity, what is it about Omega Supreme you like so much? I've never been that wowed by him as a character. I have the Encore toy, and its fun and all but such a mess of parts its like putting a train set together. Is it that he's this big lug who acts as the last line of defence?

Marisa
2017-09-05, 11:09 PM
G1 Omega Supreme is big, strong, and tough. He has the punching power of Iron Mike Tyson. His unwavering courage and spirit of self-sacrifice are without equal. His presence strikes fear in the hearts of Decepticons and GI Joes. His nickname is "The Intimidator." Omega Supreme is mechanical, electrical, physical, mental, and nuclear power personified. He has overwhelming firepower; he can generate immeasurable megatons of TNT forces. Omega is capable of lifting 300,000 tons with just his clawed arm without straining a circuit. His body is a massive fortress, a shield, a shelter. Omega Supreme is invincible. He is in a word awesome! Omega is the one you want on your side in a fight. Please watch "The Big Broadcast of 2006", "The Key to Vector Sigma Part 2", "The Secret of Omega Supreme", and "Blaster Blues." Also, read Transformers #19 "Command Performances." Omega Supreme is The Juggernaut, The Thing, and the Incredible Hulk all rolled up into one. He is the Protector, the last and best of the Guardian Robots.

G1 Omega Supreme is one of the few Transformers equipped with electronics. He's one of the most G1 cartoon-accurate robots. He's both an immovable object and an irresistible force. G1 Omega Supreme is like the Terminator and KITT melded into one unstoppable robot. He has the strength of He-man, the gentleness of She-ra, the intelligence and technology of Batman, and the durability of Spider-man. G1 Omega Supreme is like Computron on steroids.

inflatable dalek
2017-09-06, 12:18 AM
Remember that time Omega Supreme got twatted by Buzzsaw?

Marisa
2017-09-06, 12:28 AM
Remember that time Omega Supreme got twatted by Buzzsaw?

That was Hasbro again trying to clear the toy shelves.

It's not for sure that Omega went down. It does not show him on the ground.

Marisa
2017-09-06, 03:25 AM
Is Omega Supreme a natural Headmaster?

I think Hasbro could make a fully operational Omega Supreme defense base.

I'd love to climb into Omega's anti-aircraft tank, and shoot down Decepticons.

Is G1 Omega Supreme made in America? I heard he was created by a company called Toybox.

Marisa
2017-09-07, 12:04 AM
How is G1 ranked #2:

Otet_T0QJ4c

and "Beast Wars" is #1?

Tantrum
2017-09-07, 12:18 AM
G1 Omega Supreme is big, strong, and tough. He has the punching power of Iron Mike Tyson. His unwavering courage and spirit of self-sacrifice are without equal. His presence strikes fear in the hearts of Decepticons and GI Joes. His nickname is "The Intimidator." Omega Supreme is mechanical, electrical, physical, mental, and nuclear power personified. He has overwhelming firepower; he can generate immeasurable megatons of TNT forces. Omega is capable of lifting 300,000 tons with just his clawed arm without straining a circuit. His body is a massive fortress, a shield, a shelter. Omega Supreme is invincible. He is in a word awesome! Omega is the one you want on your side in a fight. Please watch "The Big Broadcast of 2006", "The Key to Vector Sigma Part 2", "The Secret of Omega Supreme", and "Blaster Blues." Also, read Transformers #19 "Command Performances." Omega Supreme is The Juggernaut, The Thing, and the Incredible Hulk all rolled up into one. He is the Protector, the last and best of the Guardian Robots.

G1 Omega Supreme is one of the few Transformers equipped with electronics. He's one of the most G1 cartoon-accurate robots. He's both an immovable object and an irresistible force. G1 Omega Supreme is like the Terminator and KITT melded into one unstoppable robot. He has the strength of He-man, the gentleness of She-ra, the intelligence and technology of Batman, and the durability of Spider-man. G1 Omega Supreme is like Computron on steroids.This reads like Wesley Willis lyrics.

TF haven't completely abandoned electronics gimmicks. They're just rare because they add a lot of cost for very little play value.

Movieverse Ultimate Bumblebee has lights, sounds, and motors. Those cost money to produce. They also make him heavier than a similarly sized CW combiner, so he costs more to ship. His legs have no useful articulation, probably because the weight of the electronics and movement of the motors would make balancing him impossible anyway. This wasn't a problem in G1, when there was hardly any articulation, anyway. When the elctronics fail, or just lose their novelty, what's left isn't much of a fun toy.

G1 nostalgia gets a boost because we didn't know it was G1 at the time. In the 80s, we had no idea G1 was the start of a franchise, so we watched it thinking, "This is what Transformers is". Since then, we've watched thinking, "This is what Transformers is for now". We know there's another iteration coming in a couple years, so whatever happens in the current iteration has less of an impact on us as viewers. Even if we couldn't assume that Optimus would come back to life in the next episode, we'd know he'd be alive in the next reboot.

Marisa
2017-09-07, 02:21 AM
Can the G1 Predacons/Predaking beat the G1 Combaticons/Bruticus?

Which is the better toy set?

I like G1 toys Galvatron in his movie colors and G1 Shockwave. Both are equipped with electronics. Which is the better G1 toy?

Why can't Hasbro/Takara add more effects to the G1 toys, like what was done to the Star Trek: The Original Series episodes having modern special effects added to them?

Why can't this be done with all are G1 toys, cartoons, and comics?

Marisa
2017-09-07, 04:07 PM
I want RC G1 Transformers.

There's no reason why Transformers cannot become a sport, with races and battling bots.

Marisa
2017-09-07, 04:40 PM
I never liked Spider-man's black suit being an alien.

Why couldn't it just have been a cool black suit that he just wore in Marvel Transformers and Secret Wars? At that time it was just a different costume.

The costume being an alien was an afterthought. It was a bad idea. Why do fan's like it?

Brendocon 2.0
2017-09-07, 05:56 PM
The costume being an alien was an afterthought. It was a bad idea. Why do fan's like it?

Obvious troll is absolutely ****ing transparent.

Marisa
2017-09-07, 06:56 PM
G1 Omega Supreme is a powderkeg.

Marisa
2017-09-08, 08:35 PM
Are there any G1 Omega Supreme fanboys in the house?

Marisa
2017-09-09, 03:42 AM
Are most G1 collectors even able to afford the G1 toys? There's so expensive. Is it worth it?

If fans were not able to afford G1 Omega Supreme which cost $100 back in the day, how can they possibly afford these Masterpieces, Combiner Wars, and Takara figures and re-releases?

Marisa
2017-09-09, 10:03 PM
Are there any G1 Shockwave fans in the house?

Marisa
2017-09-09, 10:04 PM
Who's more powerful: G1 Galvatron or G1 Shockwave?

Skyquake87
2017-09-10, 09:16 AM
Are most G1 collectors even able to afford the G1 toys? There's so expensive. Is it worth it?

If fans were not able to afford G1 Omega Supreme which cost $100 back in the day, how can they possibly afford these Masterpieces, Combiner Wars, and Takara figures and re-releases?

Well, given that most fans were in the 5- 10 age range in the 1980s, its unlikely many of us will have had sufficient disposable income to afford big toys and will have been reliant on parents/ relatives buying toys - which after bills and whatnot wont have been a high priority.

And now we're grown ups and have jobs and a little disposable income, we can either buy or save up to by figures we want.

In answer to your other questions, I like Shockwave and ...I'm sure we've had this conversation before, but Galvatron could more than likely beat Shockwave.

Cyberstrike nTo
2017-09-10, 03:14 PM
Can the G1 Predacons/Predaking beat the G1 Combaticons/Bruticus?

Yes.

Which is the better toy set?

As individual action figures the G1 Combaticons have slightly more possibility than the individual Predacons, but as combiners Predaking has more possibility than Bruticus but you can't alter the limbs around on Predaking though.

I like G1 toys Galvatron in his movie colors and G1 Shockwave. Both are equipped with electronics. Which is the better G1 toy?

Get the Transformers: Masterpiece version of Shockwave. Way cooler than G1 Galvatron or Shockwave also a lot cheaper.

Why can't Hasbro/Takara add more effects to the G1 toys, like what was done to the Star Trek: The Original Series episodes having modern special effects added to them?

They did. The show was called Transformers: Generation 2 and the CGI "enhancements" sucked.

Why can't this be done with all are G1 toys, cartoons, and comics?

Some of the G1 toys can't be reissued due to the molds being lost, badly damaged, or destroyed. That was because at the time Hasbro and/or Takara didn't see any value to keeping the molds in mint condition at the time and Hasbro and/or Takara needed to make room. Some toys can't be reissued due to stricter safety laws in the US that is why G1 and Masterpiece Megatron hasn't been officially released in the USA. If you do buy them online they have to be opened and then have an orange cap hot glued to the gun barrel and silencer. If you import them without the orange safety mods then you can get in some serious trouble with the US Government. The stricter safety laws is why G1 Fort Max couldn't pass a drop test in 2001 and that was why he didn't get re-released in the US with the 2k1 version of Transformers: Robots in Disguise line. You can buy an Encore version of Fort Max with no legal trouble just be ready to pay a lot for shipping and handling he's a heavy guy.

In some cases like with Jetfire they don't own the rights to that mold. Bandai originally made the G1 Jetfire toy for the Macross line in Japan and when Macross became the first part of Robotech in the US Harmony Gold, the owners of Robotech weren't happy that couldn't sell a toy based on the most popular mech in that series, but that is legal mess I don't want to get into because:
1) I'm not a lawyer.
2) It's extremely complicated and messy.

IIRC IDW tried to recolored the Marvel US Comics in their TPBs series but sometimes the recoloring made the thing worse than what the original colorist did and that is quite a feat right there. Some of it is the different artists (there were what 15 artists on the first 12 issues) with different styles and recoloring all 80 issues and all the mini-series would be expensive provided you can get a highly competent colorist would re-color over 90 issues and if IDW could get all of the original artwork back (which is highly unlikely due to be sold, lost, or destroyed by Marvel and/or the original artists themselves) or extremely hi-res scans for the colorist to work from.

As I mentioned above some of the episodes of the G1 cartoon were "enhanced" but it's distracting and offers NOTHING to help show.

Cyberstrike nTo
2017-09-10, 03:59 PM
How is G1 ranked #2:

Otet_T0QJ4c

and "Beast Wars" is #1?

Short version Beast Wars is a better show.

Long version: Beast Wars had a smaller cast of characters and thus the writers had to make show about the characters. G1 you could do episodes with specific characters like Powerglide, Preceptor, Beachcomber, Seaspray. Omega Supreme, Hoist, and Jetfire headline an episode but one (in the case with Host and Jetfire MAYBE two episodes at most). The rest of the time the show was busy introducing new characters before you knew the old ones. Beast Wars did introduce new characters but not at the expense of the original characters. Plus they were willing to kill off characters in the series Terrorsor and Scoropok were killed off in the season 2 premier and Dinobot's death is second only to Optimus Prime's death in TF:TM.

Beast Wars also crystallized ideas and concepts that the original series only hinted at or never really clarified like the Transformers scanning for their alt modes and the concept of the sparks were realized in ways that original series never quite figured out (they used references like life force, ghost, power cores, and etc) they also introduced the concept of protoforms, stasis lock, and CR Chambers/tanks. The show also used elements from the comics like Primus and the Covenant of Primus. Also the characters change and grow as the show went along. Blackarchina starts out as a typical evil ambitious fem fatal character to an actual heroine in her own right. The same with Dinobot as well. The show was well written and has a lot of twists and turns as one would expect from a show that one of show runners was Larry DiTillo, who was a writer and a story editor on another sci-fi show Babylon 5 for the first two seasons of that series.

Marisa
2017-09-10, 09:58 PM
If Beast Wars was better, then why do the G1 characters dominate the marketplace (i.e. Toys, comics, movies, and cartoons)?

My theory is that G1 popped our Transformers cherries back in the 80's. It was our first love. It'll never be better than that, like the first shot of heroin.

Also, it's hard for us G1 purists to get past the look of the Beast Wars cartoon, the bad CGI. It was a real eyesore.

I also did not like the Power Rangers-like callout, for example, "Maximize!" That was really cheesy. It detracted from the credibility of the show, for me.

Marisa
2017-09-11, 12:48 AM
Why would I want a G1 Shockwave if G1 Galvatron is more powerful?

Did Takara/Hasbro make a Masterpiece G1 Galvatron with all the electronics that the G1 toy had?

I thought in IDW G1 Shockwave became more powerful than all the Decepticons. Wasn't he taking out everybody? In that continuity, isn't Megatron more powerful than Galvatron?

Marisa
2017-09-11, 01:12 AM
What ever happened to Cyclonus' Armada? In the animated movie, Scourge was given the Sweeps to command, and Cyclonus was given an Armada.

Cyberstrike nTo
2017-09-12, 12:58 AM
If Beast Wars was better, then why do the G1 characters dominate the marketplace (i.e. Toys, comics, movies, and cartoons)?

They are often incorporated into G1 Optimus Primal won the fan contest to be in Power of the Primes line beating every G1 characters like Hound, Megatron, Star Saber, and Arcee

There have been new toys of Waspinator, Dinobot, Cheetor, Rhinox, and Rattrap in Generations line, and almost all of them along Tigertron, Airrazor, and Blackarchina have all appeared in the IDW G1 Comics.
Waspinator has also appeared in Transformers: Animated TV show.

My theory is that G1 popped our Transformers cherries back in the 80's. It was our first love. It'll never be better than that, like the first shot of heroin.

My first Transformers wasn't the same as yours and vice versa. I love G1 and always will but Beast Wars is where I became a Transformers fan for life.

Also, it's hard for us G1 purists to get past the look of the Beast Wars cartoon, the bad CGI. It was a real eyesore.

Some of the early backgrounds in the series hasn't aged well at all, but overall the characters and action scenes still hold up remarkable well. In some ways I think they look better than Transformers: Prime.

I also did not like the Power Rangers-like callout, for example, "Maximize!" That was really cheesy. It detracted from the credibility of the show, for me.

It's no more annoying than "Autobots Transform and roll out!" or "Decepticons Attack!"
Then may I suggest that you never watch Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, Zone, Beast Wars II, Beast Wars Neo, or any of the series in Japanese because they do that all the time.

Marisa
2017-09-12, 02:13 AM
The gestalts make G1 simply the best: the Combaticons and Bruticus, the Predacons and Predaking, the Technobots and Computron, etc.

Transformers fans are virgins until they get introduced to G1.

Until they fall in love with G1 Omega Supreme, they don't know what real power is.

Cyberstrike nTo
2017-09-12, 10:48 PM
The gestalts make G1 simply the best: the Combaticons and Bruticus, the Predacons and Predaking, the Technobots and Computron, etc.

Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, Beast Wars, Robots In Disguise, Armada, Energon, War for Cybertron, Fall of Cybertron, and Combiner Wars all had gestalts, and honestly I think the whole combiner/gestalt concept is kind of dumb outside of using Devestator as a lift to finish the Solar tower in "Master Builders" and as a battering ram during the Battle of Autobot City in TF:TM the rest are pretty stupid taking between 2-6 skilled warriors in to one dumb giant (except for Computron where his weakness was he was too smart) is just plain stupid.

Transformers fans are virgins until they get introduced to G1.

They are only virgins before they are introduced to The Transformers regardless if it's G1 or not.

Marisa
2017-09-13, 12:06 AM
I was watching the launch of the Space Shuttle on the Science channel.

I noticed that a Space Shuttle needs Omega Supreme's Rocket form and Booster in order to get into space.

G1 Omega Supreme makes G1 simply the best.

The Combaticons consisting of all military vehicles forming into a super soldier that can level Devastator is frankly, brilliant. That's why they are the most re-released Transformers of all time.

The first, the original is what makes G1 the best.

Marisa
2017-09-13, 02:06 AM
Next to G1 Omega Supreme, is G1 Galvatron simply the best, better than all the rest?

And why is Bumblebee so popular when he's the smallest and weakest Autobot, and the weakest Transformer?

Cliffjumper
2017-09-13, 08:34 AM
So where do we stand on letting a boring troll post obvious bait endlessly? Leave it run as there's bugger-all activity and no-one's biting? Or shall I bother locking it? At least it's contained here. Thoughts?

Brendocon 2.0
2017-09-13, 08:41 AM
So where do we stand on letting a boring troll post obvious bait endlessly? Leave it run as there's bugger-all activity and no-one's biting? Or shall I bother locking it? At least it's contained here. Thoughts?

My remaining interest in the thread is solely "how many consecutive posts can it make with nobody replying" but people (myself included) keep buggering that up.

Cliffjumper
2017-09-13, 01:02 PM
I do have the power to delete all other posts and very little compunction about using aforementioned power in such a stupid way.

Warcry
2017-09-13, 03:09 PM
If this is intentional trolling, it's the most weak-ass trolling I've ever seen. Closing the thread feels like a mercy at this point.

Marisa, if you're not a troll, you need to actually talk to people instead of just posting stream of consciousness rambling. And if you are a troll, step up your game. You're not even making people mad, they just kinda feel sorry for you.