TFARCHIVE

TFARCHIVE (http://tfarchive.com/community/index.php)
-   Transformers News & Rumours (http://tfarchive.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   "More Than Meets The Eye" TPB's In 2004 (http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=20136)

Bombshell 2003-12-24 02:03 AM

"More Than Meets The Eye" TPB's In 2004

From http://www.newsarama.com/forums/show...&threadid=7454

Quote:

Transfans have been asking about Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye and how it's impossible to find issues #1-3. Well, in í04, we are launching [the] More Than Meets The Eye trades! You asked. We deliver. Iíve been asked about whether or not I will be going back to doing some Transformers books. Heck yeah! I loved working on the Transformers and I have planned to do some more TF projects in í04.

deej 2003-12-24 02:18 AM

I wonder how this'll be done?

Issues #1-4 & #4-8?

or spoil us & do em all in one big collection?

Transfannabeel 2003-12-24 04:55 PM

I'm glad there doing this I'm missing most of the issues.

Ultimate Weapon 2003-12-24 04:58 PM

I have all of the issues so no worries for me. Though a trade would be a cool idea.

Garrason 2003-12-24 05:09 PM

be even cooler if they put it on a disk so it could be looked up like it showes

Cliffjumper 2003-12-24 07:32 PM

Trades? **** off, DW. They worried it's going to be too heavy to carry or something?

And they can sort the order of the bloody thing out too, the twats.

RID Scourge 2003-12-24 07:59 PM

All I need are 2, 7 and 8. I'm not getting a TPB just for them. 7 and 8 can be found easy enough, and I can get 2 at a comic convention, I suppose.

Denyer 2003-12-25 01:58 AM

I only want #8.

I can't see why people bothered getting the other individual issues... the trade was a cert for a cash-in exercise...

Seriously, anyone want to argue that they printed low in order to stimulate interest for a collection?

dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron 2003-12-25 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
All I need are 2, 7 and 8.
You're missing out by not having #8. I don't know why you haven't gotten it already. That was by far, the best out of the series. I spent like an hour reading that thing.

Cliffjumper 2003-12-25 10:24 PM

Well, that's twice as long as Brad and Adam spent writing it...

RID Scourge 2003-12-26 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
You're missing out by not having #8. I don't know why you haven't gotten it already. That was by far, the best out of the series. I spent like an hour reading that thing.
Been busy, and didn't feel like trapsing to the comic book store in the cold. I was a bit sick up until now.

deej 2003-12-26 11:42 AM

well, I've got issues 5-8, so if they do a #1-4 TPB, I'll pick that up (I've only got them as scans on the pc... I really want to pick up the issues proper - for moral & collectable reasons that is)..

Streetwise 2003-12-26 11:20 PM

Same here:
got #5-8 so a TPB with #1-4 would be just great for completion

DrEvil 2003-12-27 12:37 PM

I got all the issues... nearly lost #7 but then found it in a box.. weird :confused:

anyway this TPB would only be good if you wanted to see 1 or two extra pages of artwork, like alternate covers and such but if you have all the issues, or are only missing a couple its just a waste and a way for DW to pop the money outta ya

Cliffjumper 2003-12-27 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrEvil
anyway this TPB would only be good if you wanted to see 1 or two extra pages of artwork, like alternate covers and such but if you have all the issues, or are only missing a couple its just a waste and a way for DW to pop the money outta ya
I'm afraid I have no idea what your angle is. All TPBs are like that; chances are if they put another thirty profiles in, everyone would whine. ALL TPBs simply collect out of print material. Think about this - why should this one be any different? You don't have to buy it, and anyone missing a couple of issues has the simple choice of choosing between the TPB or taking chances on finding the missing issues... I doubt anyone seriously wants all 8 issues and the TPB... they'll either stick with the former, or buy the latter and sell the original issues for a bomb on ebay.

I mean, what the Hell?!?

DrEvil 2003-12-27 11:28 PM

That is what i was trying to touch on i tink...

I mean buying TPB and the issues is just pointless unless you want every page it was printed on...

Cliffjumper 2003-12-27 11:38 PM

Yeh, and I was just wondering why post something so brain-bleedingly obvious? People were discussing which issues they had missing [i.e. didn't have it any paper, lmk if we're still on the same page], and whether they were going to buy it...

A bicycle is not a horse.

Tulips don't eat meat.

Denyer 2003-12-28 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Tulips don't eat meat.
Flowers grow well in graveyards, though.