TFARCHIVE

TFARCHIVE (http://tfarchive.com/community/index.php)
-   Transformers Media & Fandom (http://tfarchive.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Don Murphy update (http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=27529)

Nevermore 2004-11-29 10:50 PM

Don Murphy update
 
http://www.donmurphy.net/board/showt...?threadid=1811

Quote:

Originally posted Don Murphy
Just prior to leaving for five glorious days on the beach I sat down withe the producers and John Rogers and went over where the story was going.

Remember - everything you post is read (at least by me) and when there seems to be a consensus it will be addressed if at all possible.

For example, a huge amount of fans want Cullen and Welker. While the truth is (no matter what you read anywhere else) that no one has been approached to do ANY voices (the process of filmmaking will make that the final decision of the director) it is something that has been heard and will be addressed when the time comes.

I can't go into where the story is going, only to say John is great and I have invited him on to the board.

And to put an end to a controversy that I never understood, I am pleased to tell you that John HAS come up with a plausible explanation that will allow some of the bots to mass/size shift.

This was important to a lot of you and I wanted you to know you have been heard.

Will it work? Will it be any good? Will it make it on to the screen? Who the hell knows?

The only thing I know for sure is we're trying here.

Quote:

Originally posted by Don Murphy
It's still early days with Simon- all I ever said was that we had a great first meeting. Remember that Tom Desanto knows the mythology better than probably anyone. And that this film, the first in hopefully a series, is not supposed to be too mythology heavy. We want to get every day folks to come as well as fans- and then rope them in for good. Who knows....
Quote:

Originally posted by ks68
Don,

I have some questions:

Have you met with anyone from any car company such as Ford, GM, DaimlerChrysler, etc. yet for alt modes?

Also, in Optimus' case, have you met with anyone from Mack, Kenworth, Peterbilt, Volvo, Freightliner, and International yet?

Would foreign military vehicles (planes, tanks, helicopters) be considered as alt modes for some of the Decepticons?

Quote:

Originally posted by Don Murphy
Yes
Yes
Yes


Ultimate Weapon 2004-11-29 11:02 PM

Re: Don Murphy update
 
Quote:

Originally posted Don Murphy
And to put an end to a controversy that I never understood, I am pleased to tell you that John HAS come up with a plausible explanation that will allow some of the bots to mass/size shift.

This is good news and really only affects Soundwave and G1 Megatron. So now the fanboys can go ahead and GO!

Quote:

Originally posted by Don Murphy
And that this film, the first in hopefully a series, is not supposed to be too mythology heavy. We want to get every day folks to come as well as fans- and then rope them in for good. Who knows....

Someone better know!:down: Or in other words this first installment is just a cash grab to build a budget for the inevitable sequels, so we will just hint at the potential to hook in the fans ala X-Men 1 & 2.

Quote:

Originally posted by Don Murphy
Yes
Yes
Yes

:up:

Denyer 2004-11-29 11:25 PM

Good on ya, Don.

Brimstone 2004-11-29 11:53 PM

Re: Re: Don Murphy update
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
This is good news and really only affects Soundwave and G1 Megatron. So now the fanboys can go ahead and GO!
Not necessarily. It depends on which characters they go with.

If they go with any of the space travelers (Cosmos, Omega Prime, Astrotrain) it would affect them as well. Other wise they'd either have to be monstrous in robot mode, or useless as transports. <shrugs>

I Hate Dirge 2004-11-30 02:16 AM

This is the first time that I have read anything that Murphy has written and not despaired. I'm actually ever-so-slightly encouraged that this movie might be decent after all. Here's hoping.

Darth Shrapnel 2004-11-30 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by I Hate Dirge
This is the first time that I have read anything that Murphy has written and not despaired.
Same here.

Screamwaves7 2004-11-30 02:59 PM

yes.....YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Size/mass shift will occur?!! THAT RRUUULLLLEEESSSS!!!!!! That means without a doubt in my mind that the greatest Transformer of them all SOUNDWAVE will be in the movie!!! All they need is Welker and it'll probably be final!


Long live the Decepticons! Long live Soundwave!

Ghirox 2004-11-30 03:34 PM

Someone in the skyes love me, or Don take a moment to read the post in his forum ... :-)

1st mass/size shift = i really want Sondwave and the cassette in this film, if possible ....

2nd sequel = the Xmen approach to a story is make a film, then a sequel, then a spin-off (Wolverine only) or another sequel ... why not? Since they have a plausible story ... i hate the Armada timeline because every series is ... ten year after (something) ...

3rd realistic alt mode = a question: this is a G1 film, so why the toyline seems rensemble some sort of Alternator? Budget?

Quote:

This is the first time that I have read anything that Murphy has written and not despaired. I'm actually ever-so-slightly encouraged that this movie might be decent after all. Here's hoping.
I hope this film will be better than a decent film, despite i despaired since now .... time will tell us the story of a wonderful film, or the story of a wonderful delusion ....

Screamwaves7 2004-11-30 11:22 PM

The perfect Transformers film:

-Welker and Cullen are cast.

-No Armada, RID, or Energon crap.

-It's set in 1984-1986

-All 14 Transformers have there origonal forms

-Spike and Sparkplug are the main humans

-And most important....SOUNDWAVE AND THE CASSETICONS!!!

Reflector 2004-11-30 11:25 PM

Dude, they made one just like that. You haven't seen it? It's been out for, oh, almost twenty years now...

Anyhow, I'm still breathing normally over this one.

Darth Shrapnel 2004-11-30 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Screamwaves7
The perfect Transformers film:

-Welker and Cullen are cast.

-No Armada, RID, or Energon crap.

-It's set in 1984-1986

-All 14 Transformers have there origonal forms

-Spike and Sparkplug are the main humans

-And most important....SOUNDWAVE AND THE CASSETICONS!!!


Go buy the boxed sets and you have your movie right there. :rolleyes:

Clay 2004-12-01 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ghirox
3rd realistic alt mode = a question: this is a G1 film, so why the toyline seems rensemble some sort of Alternator? Budget?

Interesting thought. They could just repaint alternators for the movie toys along with Masterpiece Prime.

Hey! Maybe we'll finally get some original alternator decepticons out of this!

Nevermore 2004-12-01 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Screamwaves7
-It's set in 1984-1986

-All 14 Transformers have there origonal forms

Why, are the Transformers caught in some nasty temporal loop that prevents them from ever reaching the year 1987? Poor Autobots, they'll never win their home planet back...

Sir Auros 2004-12-01 01:36 AM

Hoping for something contemporary and I certainly won't shed a tear if Cullen and Welker aren't onboard.

Tank mode Megatron with an Alternator tie-in and I'll be happy.

Dead Man Wade 2004-12-01 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Screamwaves7
Random fanboy crap...
-Welker and Cullen are good, but they're hardly a necessity.

-Energon is hardly crap. Armada and RID are iffy, but they're not any worse than the original cartoon.

-The only non-biographical movie set in the eighties that wasn't crap was Donnie Darko. I hardly think this is going to be that good.

-Never mind the fact that most of their original alt modes aren't even available any more, making commercial tie-ins incredibly difficult.

-Spike and Sparkplug were crap. I've yet to see any official media that didn't make me want to strangle them both.

-Soundwave may happen, but in an altered form. Cassetticons, same deal. In case you haven't noticed, cassette players aren't exactly what you'd call "relevant" anymore.

Just so you're aware, it's 2004. Gen 1 ended 15 years ago (for America). I'd suggest you come to terms.

Ultra_Sayian_Valcor 2004-12-01 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by fort_max
-Welker and Cullen are good, but they're hardly a necessity.

-Energon is hardly crap. Armada and RID are iffy, but they're not any worse than the original cartoon.

-The only non-biographical movie set in the eighties that wasn't crap was Donnie Darko. I hardly think this is going to be that good.

-Never mind the fact that most of their original alt modes aren't even available any more, making commercial tie-ins incredibly difficult.

-Spike and Sparkplug were crap. I've yet to see any official media that didn't make me want to strangle them both.

-Soundwave may happen, but in an altered form. Cassetticons, same deal. In case you haven't noticed, cassette players aren't exactly what you'd call "relevant" anymore.

Just so you're aware, it's 2004. Gen 1 ended 15 years ago (for America). I'd suggest you come to terms.

Armada is still s**t 1robots dont sleep they ingested energon and the cheesey hits in the head and they have x's on there eyes it was all a mockery of transformers i mean megatron was a pathetic shell of the g1 charicter RID it was garbage Energon is utter S**T!

Dead Man Wade 2004-12-01 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ultra_Sayian_Valcor
Armada is still s**t 1robots dont sleep they ingested energon and the cheesey hits in the head and they have x's on there eyes it was all a mockery of transformers i mean megatron was a pathetic shell of the g1 charicter RID it was garbage Energon is utter S**T!
They're Japanese kids show. What did you expect? High art?

Denyer 2004-12-01 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ultra_Sayian_Valcor
Armada is still s**t 1robots dont sleep they ingested energon and the cheesey hits in the head and they have x's on there eyes
They don't get drunk on energon either, but that was the script for Microbots. Their eyes don't pop out in Mickey Mouse style when they get punched hard enough... oh, wait, that happened to Sludge in the original animated movie...

'Generation One' was as cheesy as hell on TV.

Pun-3X 2004-12-01 05:11 AM

Do we need some more caulk'n'seal over the edges around here? Where are these kids coming from?

And they only seem to come out when their fragile little fundamental universe is in some way or another forced to share space with all the rest. Even if just in discussion.

"Live an' let live...till you F%@#:D! with mah G1!!!"

oy...

Cliffjumper 2004-12-01 05:57 AM

I've said it before*, new members should be made to take an IQ test. Or maybe a "Are You a Fanboy Wanker?" test. At times like this, I really do feel for the guys who just like G1 and would just like to, if possible, see a movie quite close to the stuff they like. Tossers like this must make them so ashamed - y'know, like a Christian who just reads the bible and lives by some of its less psychotic ideals when he sees some tacky wideboy evangelist?

In an ideal world, I'd love to see a Marvel-comic based movie with unchanged characters and the like. It won't happen, I dealt with that very, very quickly [I never thought there'd be a chance, basically, because I have reason and intelligence], and moved on. Just because this thing isn't going to going to fulfil one of my daydreams [my actual dreams just tend to be about odd things happening at work...] doesn't mean it's going to be a piece of crap.

Some of these guys need to smell the coffee. G1, the part of it some of you want the franchise to snap back to, was 20 years ago. Things have moved on. You want a carbon copy of ****ing 1984? Get the Season 1 DVDs, an old calendar, some Huey Lewis & the News, spend a bomb on some very hit-and-miss toys, and sit in your dank ****ing basements locked down there and keep the **** away from the real people.





* Actually, it might have been Denyer, in which case I'm stealing it and he's welcome to try and stop me. Well, maybe not try, as he'll probably succeed. Maybe just glare at me for a bit and I'll say sorry?


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.