TFARCHIVE

TFARCHIVE (http://tfarchive.com/community/index.php)
-   Transformers News & Rumours (http://tfarchive.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   "Classics" Soundwave reissue won't come out until next year (http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=37476)

Nevermore 2006-12-06 09:10 PM

"Classics" Soundwave reissue won't come out until next year

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=116940

Viewfind 2006-12-06 09:28 PM

There goes my gift idea.

another tf fan 2006-12-07 01:40 AM

What could delay the shipping of a toy that came out in 1984?

Denyer 2006-12-07 02:08 AM

Trouble at t' mill.

Nevermore 2006-12-07 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by another tf fan
What could delay the shipping of a toy that came out in 1984?
Well, technically it's the 1987 Soundblaster version of the mold (which has last been reissued by Takara last year). Hasbro still had to safety-test the mold for a US release, decide for the paint masks, set up the paint masks, design the packaging and whatnot. Y'know, it's not like they kept the assembly line ready for another run of Soundwave for over 20 years.

Besides, it's not certain whether Soundwave was ever actually supposed to come out this year. TRU's website is not really reliable. "Swerve" anyone?

Cliffjumper 2006-12-07 03:59 PM

Next year? But that's weeks away. OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have my Soundwave, losers. In fact, I have two. One for me, and one I could give to someone else, but won't, because I'm such a bastard.

No, wait, the other one's the Go-Bot. Sorry I called you all losers, I've been not sleeping right or something. Please let me back in :(

Nevermore 2006-12-07 11:31 PM

Remy just confirmed that Soundwave is out in Hong Kong, and Singapore sellers also have him in stock.

another tf fan 2006-12-08 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nevermore
Well, technically it's the 1987 Soundblaster version of the mold (which has last been reissued by Takara last year). Hasbro still had to safety-test the mold for a US release, decide for the paint masks, set up the paint masks, design the packaging and whatnot. Y'know, it's not like they kept the assembly line ready for another run of Soundwave for over 20 years.

Besides, it's not certain whether Soundwave was ever actually supposed to come out this year. TRU's website is not really reliable. "Swerve" anyone?

I said 1984 just to see which know it all would correct me first.

You obviously missed the irony in it all.

Denyer 2006-12-08 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I have my Soundwave, losers. In fact, I have two. One for me, and one I could give to someone else, but won't, because I'm such a bastard.
Dammit, I was about to PM you and make doe eyes and offers until I got to the following paragraph...

Cliffjumper 2006-12-08 02:13 PM

See, now I just feel like a bastard :(

Tetsuro 2006-12-08 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Denyer
Trouble at t' mill.
One of the crossbeams has gone out of skew on the treadle.

inflatable dalek 2006-12-08 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
See, now I just feel like a bastard :(
If you were a bastard you'd have kept up the pretence and sent Denyer the Go-Bot, laughing as you did so.

Jaynz 2006-12-08 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tetsuro
One of the crossbeams has gone out of skew on the treadle.
"What are you saying? I don't understand you!"

(Funny that this is obscure though it's the setup for one of the most oft-repeated comedy routines in recent history...)

Edit - like I can type...

Tetsuro 2006-12-08 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TFVanguard
"What are you saying? I don't understand you!"
"Trouble at th' mill."
"Oh no! What sort of trouble?"
"One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treddle."
"Pardon?"
"One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treddle."
"But I don't know what you're saying!"
"One of the crossbeams has gone out of skew on the treadle!"
"Well what on earth does that mean?"
"I don't know! Mr. Wentworth just told me to come in here and say that there was trouble at the mill, that's all - I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition!"...

Sades 2006-12-10 01:24 AM

F**k me. There goes one of my gift ideas, as well. The b/f was aware that I might not be able to get his gift til Jan, but Feb. [or later depending on when it comes out here] is way too late.

Frack. Fracky-frack.

The Wild One 2006-12-10 03:43 AM

Still on my must have list. I expected as much though.

Nevermore 2006-12-10 10:31 AM

Shameless sponsor plug...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...82&mode=retail

HELLHOUND 2006-12-16 10:39 AM

Not that I dont like g1 soundwave (deffinatly one of the best g1 toys ever made) I am still a bit gutted as when i first heard about a classics soundwave i thought they might have done a re-make like with the other classics line. (rodimus,grimlock,jet fire ect) Now that would be awesome.

Nevermore 2006-12-16 01:44 PM

Classics Soundwave was planned, but got canned in favor of the reissue.

TFArchive 2006-12-16 01:47 PM

I just got my TRU soundwave from kooltoyz.ca, pretty cool looking toy, the packaging makes it look like a classic :)