TFARCHIVE

TFARCHIVE (http://tfarchive.com/community/index.php)
-   Transformers Media & Fandom (http://tfarchive.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   RUMOR: Will Smith as Jazz in the movie? (http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=38306)

Nevermore 2007-03-10 06:02 PM

RUMOR: Will Smith as Jazz in the movie?

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=125991

inflatable dalek 2007-03-10 06:28 PM

I don't believe a word of it, but that would actually be a fairly decent bit of casting considering that sort of laid back cool dude is something Smith could play well in his sleep. I'm just not sure he'd be up for it.

Aardvark 2007-03-10 07:11 PM

Dunno -- itís been a while since heís done one of those movie tie-in songs.

And it certainly wouldnít be the first time, either. @____@

I'm surprised it didn't achieve the widespread success of its predecessor. <___________________<

Anyway, I think the part should go to Gilbert Gottfried.

inflatable dalek 2007-03-10 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aardvark
Dunno -- itís been a while since heís done one of those movie tie-in songs.
I'd be worried if he did one for the Formies, his videos are usually 100% more entertaining than the film they come from. Two hours of Wild Wild West completely outshon by rhyming West with "outta that dress".

Apriorion 2007-03-11 04:37 AM

I hope that this rumour is true. I don't know why, but for some reason, I just didn't see this coming. I should have known better, though. Bay and Smith have done a couple films together, and Smith has admitted to an unabashed, dorky past. Perhaps he has a soft spot in his heart for Autobots, in addition to his weakness for Donkey Kong.

Justin 2007-03-11 04:47 AM

In fresh prince he stated his love for the beast wars toys.

Cliffjumper 2007-03-11 07:43 PM

I can kinda actually see that, TBH. The problem would be whether it was to become Will Smith As Jazz In Transformers - sod all idea about how far production is in, but it'd be bad if suddenly Jazz became the star of the thing because of it (if it's true, of course). If they must go for a celeb voiceover, it'd be better than some Gangsta Crapper getting it, and the bloke does have charisma. On the other hand, there are probably quite a few people who can do his schtick, so I'd prefer they hired someone different and pump Smith's fee into the film elsewhere (like paying Frank Welker not to appear or something).

mongoosehuman 2007-03-11 11:26 PM

So the smooth-talking Mr. Jazzbeaux is replaced by a wise-cracking rapper? The tool in me sympathizes with Will Smith, so this would make me pretty happy, if it turns out to be true.

Clogs 2007-03-12 01:18 PM

Will Smith? Yeah, I can run with that. Did have a fear they'd pick some unknown and charmless rapper, which would be an insult. I guess they can afford some big names for the voices - in addition to Cullen and Welker, whose presence is a nod to the fans.

We should be glad that Robin Williams (he's very, very good, but maybe not as a TF) isn't being auditioned!

inflatable dalek 2007-03-12 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Clogs
We should be glad that Robin Williams (he's very, very good, but maybe not as a TF) isn't being auditioned!
How do we know he isn't?

RID Scourge 2007-03-12 03:03 PM

[silly, pointless musings]If they were to put Warpath in this movie, they'd definitely have to give the roll to Cosby. "Zip! Zop! Zoopidibop!"[/silly, pointless musings]

I can definitely see Will Smith as Jazz, or Keith Diamond (played Rapid Run in RID, as well as Agent Jay in the MIB cartoon), as a more affordable option.

Rodimus_Prime's girl 2007-03-18 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Clogs
Will Smith? Yeah, I can run with that. Did have a fear they'd pick some unknown and charmless rapper, which would be an insult. I guess they can afford some big names for the voices - in addition to Cullen and Welker, whose presence is a nod to the fans.
I can see Will do Jazz:)

starscreamjericho 2007-03-18 09:56 PM

I can see Will Smith doing it.Eddie Murphy would be a better choice if I had to pick to do the voice over. He just sounds better doing it.

Clogs 2007-03-19 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by starscreamjericho
I can see Will Smith doing it.Eddie Murphy would be a better choice if I had to pick to do the voice over. He just sounds better doing it.
But we ain't heard anyone do the new Jazz-Meister yet...

Markus 2007-04-16 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by starscreamjericho
ugh, I would hate Eddie Murphy. This isn't a comedy movie.

another tf fan 2007-04-16 04:35 AM

Isn't there a Scatman impersonator out there to hire?

Rodimus_Prime's girl 2007-04-18 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by another tf fan
Isn't there a Scatman impersonator out there to hire?
I wish I knew....:D