TFARCHIVE

TFARCHIVE (http://tfarchive.com/community/index.php)
-   Transformers Toys & Merch (http://tfarchive.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NEWEST ACQUISITIONS! (http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=44409)

Jaynz 2008-07-10 03:21 PM

NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Post your newest TF purchases here!

From yesterday...
*Universe 2.0 Prowl
*Universe 2.0 Tankor (Octane)
*Robot Heroes Sunstreaker and Galvatron
*Robot Heroes Hound and Blitzwing

From today...
*Replacement for Classics Devastator

burnitall 2008-07-11 05:25 AM

just got Animated Voyagers Bulkhead, Starscream, and Lugnut. Bulkhead and Lugnut are very short. *Wal-Mart, Post Falls, ID

Ackula 2008-07-11 06:26 AM

I believe this thread would be more useful if you also stated where you got them, that way it might help someone who lives in the area identify the stores that has them.

My most recent purchase was Animated Voyager Optimus Prime @ Wal*Mart in Porterville, CA.

Blitzwing 2008-07-11 02:54 PM

From Bellis-Fair in Washington:
Voyager Optimus Prime, Grimlock and Lugnut.

From Ebay:
G1 Blurr w/ Shield

Jaynz 2008-07-11 03:57 PM

Not a bad idea, but I don't think anyone actually lives near me. :)

Anyway, today (morning errand run from Colorado Springs Woodman Wal*Mart):
* Universe Sunstreaker
* Universe Legends Red Alert

From Chapel Hills K*Mart
* Robot Heroes Cheetor and Blackarachnia

wolfbolt86 2008-07-12 01:44 AM

Just got G2 Hero Prime from ebay, just came in and waiting for Laser prime/Battle Convoy to come in.

secretcode 2008-07-12 01:48 AM

This was actually on Tuesday but w/e.

Target (Bowling Green, KY)
- Animated Voyager Optimus Prime (5 left in stock)

Sunstreaker2 2008-07-12 03:26 AM

Picked up Grimlock yesterday.

Jaynz 2008-07-12 03:41 AM

Last today, and probably for the next week or so, from same Wal*Mart as before (though they've moved the new stuff to an encap and were nearly OUT of everything new.. the movie figs still rule the aisle, collecting dust)...

*Activators Bumblebee

And, you know, I got Bumblebee largely for my youngest, who loves the character and the car mode, but the Deluxe figure is a royal pain in the butt to transform. The Activator, though, is near -perfect. I actually like the figure MORE than the Deluxe.

Treadshot A1 2008-07-12 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFVanguard (Post 617691)
*Activators Bumblebee

And, you know, I got Bumblebee largely for my youngest, who loves the character and the car mode, but the Deluxe figure is a royal pain in the butt to transform. The Activator, though, is near -perfect. I actually like the figure MORE than the Deluxe.

Yeah, though i expected the spring to do more than it actually does. And the hands/doors don't do it for me.

My last tf's: I don't have a clue when: TFU LEGENDS WAVE 1: Kmart, perth, WA.

Ackula 2008-07-12 06:40 PM

Animated Leader Class Bulkhead and Megatron at Wal*Mart in Porterville, CA! I'm so glad to finally have found these guys! :clap:

Detective Barricade 2008-07-13 06:36 PM

From Zellers in Peterborough, I got Animated Voyager Optimus Prime and Star Wars Transformers Darth Vader/Death Star. Vader was on clearance there!:D

Jaynz 2008-07-14 04:45 PM

Okay, today's mini-haul, mostly for my girls, mind you.

* Activators Buklhead - who is not Lugnut
Not nearly as good as Bumblebee, unfortunately. Not awful, but the
vehicle mode is pretty sad.
* Robot Heroes Rattrap and Megatron
* Universe Legends Onslaught
* Universe Legends Starscream

secretcode 2008-07-14 04:56 PM

There is an activators Lugnut? Since when did that happen?

Energon Hot Shot 2008-07-14 05:24 PM

Since never. I would like to see one though.

I nabbed Leader Megatron and Bulkhead a few days ago. I love Bulkhead's "chair mode", and Megatron is one of the best Megatrons I own. I just wish there weren't random paint splatters.

I'm really starting to hate the "Try Me" option. I don't like the thought that a young kid could've touched my figures with the same finger he stuck up his nose. Plus the other Megatron on the shelf with mine had food smeared on it. And thinking long-term, all MISB figures with batteries included will have acid corrosion in a few years. I hope that Hasbro drops this option in the near future.

Jaynz 2008-07-14 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secretcode (Post 618010)
There is an activators Lugnut? Since when did that happen?

Bulkhead, sorry... my bad.

electro girl 2008-07-14 07:03 PM

Ani Bumblebee and Lockdown.

Should i buy deluxe Cybertronian prime or hold out for the voyager? ive nothing particularly against either figure, Its just that i already have a deluxe Prime from the cla 2 pack and owning several Primes seems a bit odd.

Detective Barricade 2008-07-15 03:21 AM

If you want my opinion, skip Cyb. mode Prime and get Voyager Prime. A bit more expensive, but well worth it IMO! And of course he'll hold the two Animated Deluxe Prime's axes (may seem a tad small though), if it suits your fancy...

Treadshot A1 2008-07-15 08:05 AM

Meh, I like all the Primes (cept Roll out). I'd list them like this:

1st: DX Battle Damage Box Set Prime

2nd: Tied between DX CYB, and Voyager Earth Prime

Speaking of Voyager, i just got him yesterday, Kmart, Kardinya, perth, WA. 2 Left.

I like Activator Bulkhead's alt. mode. Sure, it's deformed, but i think it fits well with the whole Animated look ( i'm not going to use kiddified, coz i don't think ani is 'kiddified')

Oh, and anyone got a pic of the chair mode, i can't get mine into the respective mode.

ganon578 2008-07-15 02:01 PM

Last Friday:

Universe Prowl
Universe Sunstreaker
Universe Tankor

Next on the list:

Universe Galvatron
Universe Acid Storm
Classics Ultra Magnus/Skywarp

Detective Barricade 2008-07-15 02:03 PM

I thought that only Leader Bulkhead could do the "chair mode"...:confused:

Sunstreaker2 2008-07-15 02:03 PM

I got Movie Premium Optimus Prime a few days ago. Now I have the last Movie toy I wanted, and the best part was, he was on sale!

Catalyst Dragon 2008-07-16 05:45 AM

G1: Frenzy- BBTS.com
G1: Brawn-a garage sale

Classics 2.0: Sunstreaker-BBTS.com

Animated:Jazz, Optimus/Megatron DVD boxed set. - BBTS.com
Ratchet-Hasbrotoystore.com

Ackula 2008-07-17 05:29 AM

Henkai Rodimus Prime came in the mail today, from the BBTS pre-order ages ago. I had almost forgot I ordered it after all this time. Now if the Encore Mini-bots would hurry up and ship out....

Jaynz 2008-07-17 05:37 AM

Ebay win:
*Botcon Thundercracker (A replacement.. *sigh*)

Treadshot A1 2008-07-17 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFVanguard (Post 618306)
Ebay win:
*Botcon Thundercracker (A replacement.. *sigh*)

Just curious, why not get the henkei exclusive TC, that's on preorder on BBTS?

Jaynz 2008-07-17 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treadshot A1 (Post 618309)
Just curious, why not get the henkei exclusive TC, that's on preorder on BBTS?

I would have, but I lucked out on the auction and got it at a pretty good and low price. (The pre-order would have been more). I've been low-balling auctions for some replacement pieces lately, and it's been working out pretty well.

Got to be patient, though. The amounts that some people are asking for the most rediculous stuff is getting insane. Someone's trying to sell a LOSE Energon Bruticus for like $160 ... you can import that Japanese version, sealed, for half that.

ganon578 2008-07-17 10:52 AM

And my Classics collection is now soon to be complete, I just picked up Ultra Magnus and Skywarp, can't wait until they come in! They better ship fast!!!

Blackjack 2008-07-17 01:32 PM

Animated Soundwave, Blitzwing, Oil Slick and Snag (Snarl/Slag). Soon I'm gonna get my hands on Universe toys...

Ackula 2008-07-17 02:31 PM

My wife just brought me home a gift about 10 minutes ago, in the form of..

*Universe Prowl from Wal*Mart in Porterville, CA

..Haven't opened him yet, but looks very promising.

burnitall 2008-07-19 12:42 AM

I just got universes Prowl, Sunstreaker, and Tankor from my local Wal mart. woo hoo!

wolfbolt86 2008-07-21 08:11 PM

I just got the JP version of Laser Prime from Ebay. Came in an hour ago. Very nice.

Vincent 2008-07-22 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganon578 (Post 618330)
And my Classics collection is now soon to be complete, I just picked up Ultra Magnus and Skywarp, can't wait until they come in! They better ship fast!!!

Ooh,nice. I always wanted Skywarp.

My latest acquisitions in the past week or so include Henkei Astrotrain (as ifyou didn't know already :p) and Movie Stockade.

ganon578 2008-07-22 11:07 AM

Ultra Magnus & Skywarp got here yesterday! And they're just as sweet as I thought they'd be. The Classics seeker mold is just awesome.

Sunstreaker2 2008-07-22 11:11 AM

Got Universe Prowl and Sunstreaker on Sunday. Both very nice. Except for Prowl's sticky paint on his fenders (and now, his roof) At first I couldn't get Sunstreaker's hood chest to sit straight, but I managed to fix that.

ganon578 2008-07-23 01:36 PM

I almost forgot! I recently added a Classics Bumblebee to my collection via a certain auction site we all know. Got it cheap too, around $5 auction sale!

Jaynz 2008-07-24 07:33 PM

Energon Inferno came in today, which will fill in for Classics Inferno, so far as I'm concerned. :) I'll probably scour the Energon figures for all their blatant homages as my next run...

numbat 2008-07-24 09:30 PM

I just got Henkei Astrotrain through today.

I started work at 3am this morning and he was waiting for me when I got home at 3pm. (But I then spent 4 hours cleaning and waxing my Land Rover, but it's as shiny as it can be now, and loads of mud has returned to the biosphere...)

He's really nifty.

I've not had time to have him alongside Classics, so I'm not sure which I prefer, but there's no doubt the paint apps are better and I love the chrome! He's got purple chrome around his silver chrome boosters, and purple chrome underneath the red stripes on his chest (the V that the tailplane splits into), which is a really very nice touch.

Vincent 2008-07-24 10:05 PM

^Awesome, isn't it? =)

I have 2 worries. Have you managed to fold the nozzles completely in robot-mode? It just feels like it should stick more to the back.

Also, I worry that tail-fin thing (the thing on his chest) might break.

PresidentSEARS 2008-07-24 11:21 PM

Regardless of what I've purchased, the only thing worth mentioning is that I picked up the one and only beautiful G1 Blast Off for only 10p (along with a bag of 80/90's toys including a near complete Lion-O, Brett Hart and Ultimate Warrior, 2 ghostbusters monsters and captain planet)