-   Website Stuff (
-   -   White transitions (

Notabot 2013-07-20 09:31 PM

White transitions
Completely minor little thing, and I don't know if it's the site or my end, but since the switch, I noticed that clicking on links leads to a white flash about 75% of the time where it never used to. Doesn't seem to bother anything (other than my eyes), and like I said, it may be something on my end, but I don't get it on other sites, and I don't remember it doing that a few weeks ago.

Denyer 2013-07-20 11:06 PM

What browser? Chrome in particular isn't consistent about when it'll do a complete page redraw -- although it may be connected with whether a page has changed.

Notabot 2013-07-21 05:42 PM

Firefox. It does seem to not do it (at least as often) when I'm navigating back to something I've already seen.

Denyer 2013-07-21 07:34 PM

In Chrome it happens whether on the forum or elsewhere, and with or without javascript. The page is styled with a navy background colour that should kick in before the image is rendered.

Seems to be common, possibly increasingly so as browsers try to optimise page draw speeds...

Some people report this works;

...but that's not valid code and would be impractical to change over all templates.

Notabot 2013-07-21 10:15 PM

Nothing worth putting much effort into. I just figured if it was "Oh, yeah. Forgot to carry the one." Thanks for checking it out! :)