TFARCHIVE

TFARCHIVE (http://tfarchive.com/community/index.php)
-   New Comics (http://tfarchive.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #36 (http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=53777)

Skyquake87 2015-01-08 09:17 AM

What if Roller becomes Tarn... without Shaodwplay? He seems like he has something to prove and feels frustrated within Pax's group of Outliers. His friendship - whilst valued (I think) doesn't seem to stop Roller feeling inadequate and that he is capable of doing more. Although there's only a few scenes, Pax doesn't seem to be aware that Roller almost resents being held back. Easy to see all that being turned into something more extreme...

Auntie Slag 2015-01-08 06:04 PM

I struggled to see what was holding him back. He says he needs the drink to keep up with the others, but he is a 0.1 percenter Heavyweight class which I'm guessing makes him one of the toughest of the tough.

Do you think that puts him on a par with Overlord minus the Ununtrium?

Regardless of the others, Pax doesn't have any special skills other than being determined. Unless he feels somewhat dim compared to Pax (and maybe that's reasonable what with everyone being so incredibly impressed by Pax's ingenuity).

But yes, I really like the idea of Roller becoming Tarn because he wants to.I was wondering about the 'transformation' process, because in Shadowplay he comes across as quite gentle, but in the latest issue he's crushing a skull in his hand. I hope there's enough panel space to make the change believable.

It makes good sense what you say; forcing him to become Tarn makes him an unfortunate victim. To do it by choice makes him the total Tarn-y bastard he needs to be!

Summerhayes 2015-01-23 04:09 PM

Well I came to this issue even later than I normally do. It wasn't quite the gut punch the previous one was but it was a quality read and i'm keen to get onto the next one!
I'll give it another read later, along with a perusal of the thread, then I'll give my full thoughts.

Auntie Slag 2015-01-29 06:03 PM

Is there any word on when MTMTE 37 will be out? I had a quick search and a site called Comic Pull has an 'estimated' Wednesday 28th January, but its been so quiet here... not even a preview! None of the murmurings I'd expect to suggest the next issue is inbound!

inflatable dalek 2015-01-29 06:30 PM

Delayed till next Wednesday IIRC.

Auntie Slag 2015-01-29 06:40 PM

I'm sorry, I don't use IIRC or MSN or any of that chatroom stuff you freaky kids are into.

Death's Head 2015-01-29 06:51 PM

More Than Meets the Eye? I remember that. Pretty good comic, as I recall. You mean they're making more?

Auntie Slag 2015-01-29 06:54 PM

I'll jump off once they finish the arc with Leader-1 and Alexis Colby.

Then its back to T'pau and a nice bourbon for me, maybe two!

Death's Head 2015-01-30 01:26 AM

James Roberts made me drink.

Skyquake87 2015-01-30 10:12 AM

I've re-read #1 - 22 whilst we've been waiting. Pipes sad little death still gets me. Its the broken internal dialgoue that accompanies him as he struggles to the alarm :( Beautifully written and drawn.

Terome 2015-01-30 10:40 AM

Yeah, that Pipes page is the best one in the run so far.

Auntie Slag 2015-01-30 08:28 PM

Ooh, there's so many good panels, how would it be possible to pick a best one? Or best sequence? They're all so varied. It would make a decent thread, though. Love this one though, because its nice to know there are people out there whose thoughts Pipes will jump into from time to time.

Brilliant panel for me would be (repeating myself) Chromedome on the floor utterly broken after blowing up the slow cell.

And Whirl's pose from the first issue, getting up after he and Cyclonus had slammed into the ground. He looked so brilliantly savage and bizarre, and nothing like any other Transformer.

inflatable dalek 2015-01-30 08:48 PM

The two pages I owned the original art to are the best.