TFARCHIVE

TFARCHIVE (http://tfarchive.com/community/index.php)
-   Transformers News & Rumours (http://tfarchive.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Megatron Reissue (http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=7680)

1SoundWave1 2002-07-17 09:33 PM

Megatron Reissue

according to tformers.com:

We have recieved information from a source close to Hasbro that G1 Megatron may be one of the TRU exclusive USA re-issues to be released. No date or or price has been revealed at this time. We will update this story when more information is available

I hope theres not alot of changes done to megatron but its about time some decepticons are reissued that don't cost $150 and up:)

never again 2002-07-18 12:30 AM

i'm skeptical about that. one of the main reasons the first g2 megatron was a tank instead of the original gun (unlike prime who kept his original form) was cause realistic toy guns are a lot less politicly correct now than they were twenty years ago.

Hound 2002-07-18 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by never again
i'm skeptical about that. one of the main reasons the first g2 megatron was a tank instead of the original gun (unlike prime who kept his original form) was cause realistic toy guns are a lot less politicly correct now than they were twenty years ago.
Not to mention illegal right?

Lemming 2002-07-18 04:37 AM

I don't think we'll ever see megatron in the US again. Considering terrorist attacks and how close megatron looks like a real gun, I doubt we'll ever see anything that looks like a real gun. (I doubt making the whole thing bright orange would even help) However, Hasbro could always just make a new mold, but I think they'd just stay away from toy guns all together.

Considering the price on ebay for the reissues in Japan, I'd bet Takara might make a another reissue, maybe even a new years special of him.

BigMaki 2002-07-18 04:48 AM

I hate to say it, but Megatron is at the top of my "will be reissued when hell freezes over" list. See also: Jetfire. Sorry, kids, but it just ain't happening, now or ever...

And let's hope Takara makes a "New Year" Megs. I refuse to pay $100+ for a reissue. I want him to replace both of my armless originals, but I don't want him that bad...

Ultimate Weapon 2002-07-18 06:36 AM

Megatron Rules!

I love my reissue he looks so cool he just represents alot of evil for 1 toy.:D

Denyer 2002-07-18 02:49 PM

Transluscent purple 'Shining Megatron'!!!

It could be sold as an on-line exclusive, but not in Toys R Us if they don't custom the mould and paint-job.

never again 2002-07-18 08:36 PM

they are illegal now? i suspected it and almost mentioned it but wasn't sure. are they illegal everywhere or just some states? i predict g1 megatron will get more valueable with time.

Megatron2 2002-07-19 02:40 AM

It'll be hard enough for me to get the Optimus re-issue when it comes out!:(

Denyer 2002-07-19 02:58 AM

It's illegal to sell them in stores, in some jurisdictions... there are grey areas and ways around this, though. Basically, it's to keep them away from kids, which is fair enough.

Cliffjumper 2002-07-19 03:03 AM

Plus, the original Megatron toy sucked like Tera Patrick.

Denyer 2002-07-19 03:06 AM

Brow-ning! Brow-ning! Brow-ning!

BigMaki 2002-07-19 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
Brow-ning! Brow-ning! Brow-ning!
It looks as if Denyer has just found someone to top Megatron on the "will be reissued when hell freezes over" list...

That would be a cool guy for Takara to put out, though.

Cliffjumper 2002-07-19 03:13 AM

I'm pretty sure Hasbro would have to pay Takara something to us their moulds, so US releases of any Japanese exclusive would be a little unlikely, especially when Hasbro have several years' worth of their own toys to bring out... I know they wouldn't release Browning anyway [hell, he can actually fire bullets on top of everything] but I'd be surprised to see Ginrai or Sixliner reissued in the USA...

Alpha Trion 2002-07-19 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Quicksilver
but I'd be surprised to see Ginrai or Sixliner reissued in the USA...
Ginrai is being reissued in the USA, Godbomber and all.

Cliffjumper 2002-07-19 03:37 AM

Really, I'm surprised :)

BigMaki 2002-07-19 03:40 AM

And the reason they're doing this? Because BigMaki paid $50 + shipping to get him, thinking, "They'll never reissue him in the States, at least not with Godbomber!" Dammit. I may still get a Fire Guts from BBTS just to spite them!

never again 2002-07-19 09:17 PM

browning = ?

never again 2002-07-19 09:18 PM

browning = ?

Denyer 2002-07-19 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Japanese DiaClone mould given limited release in the UK, and not as a TF... not sure which Japanese series he fits into.