View Single Post
Old 2007-02-21, 10:35 PM   #14
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

A drunken, belated rebuttal...

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
That one. A best, as often remarked, would probably be a hardback volume with G2 1-12 in.
Thwn why aren't they calling it "Some stuff Furman done what we think we can get you to pay for yet again"?

Quote:
What general rise? I'm only asking 'cause toy sales in general have apparently given way to video games...
C'mon, TF sales have been good enough to sup[port at what wfeels like at least one new line a week.

Quote:
Didn't Marvel have "production line" -type polices against this? Much as they were extremely anti- full script writing for a long time; the production process was broken down into stages and not much contact was available between them.
Id' guess they re;axed the policy for big guns like Alan Kupperberg , then didn't Geoff ink his US material too? Don;t get me wrong, Perlin's a capable picturist (is thAT A WORD? **** IT COAPS ), but he's Smelting Pool syndrome all over again - a name bigged up fropm the days when the comic sold more than nine copies for people who can't admit that a bunch of limeys did it better, and he's probably in the lower reAches at best of TF comic artists (lesseee... behind Geoff (UKLTIMATE GEOFF), Hitch, Johnson, Raiz, Sullivan, a non-poster Figueroa, Su, Staz, Andy "Andrew" Andy Wildman, Yaniger and Marshall off the top of my missed head) at about a par with the functional but utterly unexciting likes of Jeff Anderson, Frank Springer and Herb Truimpe (the latter two also at the mercy of their inkers; can't be biothered to checkl on Jeffie boy's inking).

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote