View Single Post
Old 2007-05-05, 07:20 PM   #10
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Never bothered finding out whether that's actually Tia Carrere singing, but I've always thought that's a genuinely superb cover... Blitz is one of the few songs that works really well as an amped-up cover...

The cynic in me questions how a cover would win a music contract, though. Actually, the cynic in me notes that's how most music contracts are awarded...
From wikipedia

Quote:
After appearing in the 1991 action film Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man and Showdown in Little Tokyo, she emerged into the public spotlight when cast as Cassandra, a rock singer and love interest of Mike Myers' character Wayne in Wayne's World (1992) - a role she reprised the next year in Wayne's World 2. A trained singer, Carrere performed all of her own songs in the two films, and the Wayne's World soundtrack features her vocals.

Carrere has continued to nurture her singing career. In 1993, her first solo album, Dream, was released, and went platinum in the Philippines. That same year, she was featured on the soundtrack of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, performing the ending theme, "I Never Even Told You". In August of 2003, Carrere was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award by Philippine president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, and she is reportedly working on a new album in her home studio.
Funny thing about what you said there Tom...here in this wonderful country of America we have a little show that consists of nothing but upstarts winning a contract by performing bad covers

Last edited by Ackula; 2007-05-05 at 07:23 PM.
Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote