View Single Post
Old 2007-06-20, 01:32 PM   #30
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Is he . . . wearing gloves?

I guess we'll have to wait and see, I suppose. I don't really have cable, so I'll prolly never know how the show will be. The very G1esque look that prime has makes me wonder if we'll be getting more figures that look like the classics stuff, as well as a few classics repaints. That would be a pretty good toyline, I think. I know I wouldn't mind Hasbro taking another crack at reimagining some more characters from the first few years of transformers. Who knows, they might even figure out how to make the cosmos design cost-effective enough to produce, without losing the look they were going for.

Something that dawned on me is that usually, toylines are planned about a year in advance, and well, this series is supposed to come out in the spring, which is a year after classics, more or less. I'm wondering if it's possible that classics was a test run to see how much of a demand there is for "G1 reimagined" figures. *scratches chin*

My thoughts are that we'll probably see the more animated-style figures in the titanium 3" line, if we see them. After all, the main draw of Transformers is that they . . . well, transform. I'm going to hazard a guess that while the figures will be recognizably "such and such a character," they won't have such wacky proportions.

Last edited by RID Scourge; 2007-06-20 at 01:42 PM.
RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote