View Single Post
Old 2008-01-24, 04:02 AM   #3
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackula View Post
Joining them in the Ultra price range is Onslaught and Powerglide.
The Onslaught we saw last month is an ultra? The design looked like a serviceable deluxe, but at a higher price point he's going to be warming shelves like mad. I mean, I was speaking out in favour of the mold in the other thread and even I wouldn't buy him as an ultra.

Curious about the Powerglide they mention. Didn't they have some trouble securing the name for a Legends release in the first Classics line? Nice to see they've reclaimed the name (if this is indeed the toy's final name), but in a line that's supposedly meant to faithfully represent classic characters he's an odd choice for an Ultra. Not that it's a bad idea per se. An A-10 (assuming that's what he still is) should be a lot bigger than a car. It's not very G1-esque, though.

I can't for the life of me imagine why they'd allocate the first two Ultra molds to a pair of random nobodies like Onslaught and Powerglide. It's a bad choice in my books, and strays away from one of the things that made the original line so successful -- the toys with big price tags in Classics also inevitably had big names attached.

Last edited by Warcry; 2008-01-24 at 04:07 AM.
Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote