View Single Post
Old 2010-10-30, 06:01 PM   #26
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Looking back, Transformers G1 did have a large amount of errors for the time. I know I watched a lot of cartoons growing up, and I've been rewatching some of them recently with my son. I've noticed no where as many errors in Thundercats, M.A.S.K., He-Man and the like then in Transformers. Like someone said before, though, the show was pretty rushed when the toys started to really sell, so that may have something to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFVanguard View Post
It's a lot like how Star Trek (the original) is nit-picked while Enterprise and Voyager are largely forgotten.
Some things are best left forgotten.

My edit is in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
To go off on a tangent slightly, I've noticed in the last couple of years that non fan friends can't really take the animation in Beast Wars seriously. Which is annoying, I think the problem is because TV CGI has never really taken off (in the success category you've got the Beast Shows and Reboot, then you've got a handful of shows that are either completely forgotten like that Prince Valiant thing or were considered utter crap like Dan "Written by Simon Furman" Dare) there's no real frame of reference for people to make comparisons with except for big budget movies. Which is unfair on the Beast shows...
In response to this tangent, I suggest having them look at Babylon 5. While most of the show is live action, the exterior action (and there is a good bit of that) is mostly, if not all CGI and is from the same time period. The early episodes looked, honestly, like a current Sci-Fi Channel movie, but by the end it was slick looking and they did some great things with CGI while staying on TV. Or hell, just watch it again just because it's B5 and is a damn good show.

Thunderwave is online now   Reply With Quote