View Single Post
Old 2012-02-11, 11:15 PM   #32
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

TFW has pics up from ToyFair.

There's more shots of Bruticus, along with our first looks at Prime, Jazz and Shockwave.

Shockwave is the only one who really impressed me, but he impressed me a lot. His alt-mode is great, maintaining the 'space cannon' idea of the original but updating it to match the 'War for Cybertron' look. And his robot mode is really slick, too. The only thing that leaves me scratching my head is the fact that he's carrying around a tiny version of his G1 incarnation's gun mode as a weapon.

But the biggest news so far wasn't the toys themselves, but word from Hasbro that these guys are the first two waves of a Generations line that's supposed to include forty new figures spread over late 2012 and 2013. There's no way we're getting ten waves of Generations deluxes in a year and a half, is there? So that probably means that the line is going to be expanding into other size classes.

[EDIT]Also they're making a Marvel Legends Death's Head figure, which in my books is an honorary Generations toy in every way that matters./EDIT]

Last edited by Warcry; 2012-02-11 at 11:39 PM.
Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote