View Single Post
Old 2012-02-12, 06:23 PM   #39
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
Oh, Shockwave... I am a bit disappointed by him. He's nearly there...but couldn't they have left him has a ray gun?
Not really. He's part of the video game line, so Hasbro pretty much had to stick to that design. And G1 Shockwave would look really funny alongside the spiky, alien-looking WfC Decepticons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagger View Post
It's possible if Hasbro pulls something like Reveal the Shield again, which was basically an extension of Generations. That came to about, what, 30 to 35 figures between Fall 2010 and Spring 2011?
Counting Deluxes only, it's closer to half of that. From the first wave until they went on hiatus after Warpath there were eighteen Generations deluxes, and then six more that were released in RtS. So twenty-four all together.

It's only once you count the Legends, Scouts (well, Scout...Windcharger's the only one who got released), Voyagers and the Rodimus/Cyclonus two-pack you're getting a lot closer to forty, which is why I figure they'll have to expand to the other size classes again to make up those numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Mmm, they haven't repainted some of the molds from the first Generations and Gold package (insert subline here) like Scourge or Kup, so out of the forty toys there's bound to be quite a bit of repaints.
Oh, for sure. There's no way they're going to make anywhere close to forty new molds. There are at least half a dozen molds from the last set that haven't been reused yet (Scourge, Kup, Laser Prime, Perceptor, Lugnut, Warpath, Jazz and Windcharger...am I forgetting anyone else?), on top of Rumble and Frenzy who'll probably see a release at some point. And of course most of the new molds will get redecos themselves. At a guess I'd say we'll probably see at least ten to fifteen more new molds over the course of the line.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote