View Single Post
Old 2012-05-20, 09:16 AM   #6
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
With the American stuff I'm fine with the trades, but I may look into tracking down the UK G2 stuff as a coda to the whole thing at the end. If I get that far...

It's a shame that, beyond the basic logistics of it either being very big books or a very large number of them, that there's no real way of reprinting the UK and US stuff in an easy chronological trade order together. There's that lengthy run in the middle where it all works but the begining and end would be a bit of mish mash mess with the Earthforce stuff in particular likely to cause aneurisms.
Eh, I were doing such a thing, I'd sling the collections out in their original published order and not worry about it. Who needs everything happening in the right order anyway? The alignment thing you point out between the US/ UK material certainly signifies how hard the editorial team worked on making everything gel. Its when you get less interested parties that it starts to fall apart.

I have read your blog thing and really enjoyed it ( I also liked your Avengers review too). Spot on about the early days of the comic, where it really felt like the more educational tone of Look And Learn and Look-In (before its 'teen pop-mag' makeover).

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote