View Single Post
Old 2012-08-04, 01:43 AM   #108
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFVanguard View Post
I don't know. Saw a lot of Jazz, Prime, and Shockwave in the store and really wasn't too impressed. Questionable vehicle modes, kinda bland (and over-etched) robot modes, and a humeungeousosititaous new price point. $15.99 is just too much for a deluxe... I think I'm just seriously priced-out of getting this line.
The price has been steadily climbing for a decade everywhere else in the world, and the only reason you haven't seen it earlier is Walmart. It sucks that you guys have to experience it all at once instead of $0.50 or $1 at a time like we did, but if you thought you'd be paying $10 forever for Deluxes while prices go up everywhere else and your dollar goes down, you were dreaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
I'll be more excited if we get all five Dinos this time... probably the best 'update' of the original we've seen at a normal retail price point.
Unfortunately, probably not. We're already looking at stuff for mid-2013, I think. How much longer after that are we going to be seeing tie-in toys released for a video game that's coming out this year?

I'd love to get all five Dinobots and all three Insecticons, but it doesn't look like it's in the cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFVanguard View Post
We actually haven't had the full Dinobot set since the RID side line, have we? Several Grimlocks and some oddball filler here and there, but all five as regular toys? I actually think we have to go back that far...
I don't know how many people would count those. I mean...dimetrodon Sludge? I wouldn't say there's been a single decent set of Dinobots since 1985. Grimlock's the only one who gets much love.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote