View Single Post
Old 2012-10-18, 03:56 PM   #25
Red Dave Prime
Assistant Comic Reviewer

Ireland

Quote:
MTMTE RED ALERT and, IIRC, some random numbers were in a couple of Dreamwave comics as 'tech garbage' on read-outs and character POV shots - as, IIRC, was the Japanese TF logo and Jazz having a 'J NAME' of 'Meister' - needless little easter eggs that drag you out of the fiction by saying "Hey, look, TF media with in-jokes!" because there's no way any of that stuff has a reasonable in-fiction explanation. Obviously it's not a direct parallel to the O'Nion thing, more an example of something the writer/artist thought was funny and/or cool that just doesn't work well.
Isnt the point of an easter egg in a comic that its a hidden nod to the fans that notice it? I'm not going to argue that they all work (Heart of Darkness Galvatron swirl being particularly awful) but in most cases you either notice it as a quick gag for those in the know or it passes you by completely (for example I had no idea Jhiaxus was a play on Gee-Axe-us aimed at his bosses by Simon)

Anyway, if thats what takes you out a plot I think you may need to take things a little less seriously.

Seriously.

Red Dave Prime is offline   Reply With Quote