View Single Post
Old 2013-06-20, 06:56 PM   #65
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Yeh... putting aside licensing problems and that I'll never be able to afford these things I'd be torn on how the Minibots are handled. Would people rather have Sunbow-scaled guys that come to about the waist of the regular cars and have cutesified generic alt modes? Or would they rather have - say - a Cliffjumper who's about the same height as Prowl, less maybe a head, and turns into a similar-scale realistic vehicle (if not maybe a Porsche or a VW)?

Seeing as Takara still have such a hard-on for the G1 cartoon I'd say the former is more likely, but this could be interesting. If I was buying the things I'd probably prefer the latter; while obsessive scaling isn't 100% necessary it'd be nice if they weren't as obviously out of whack as the G1 cars & Minibots are with each other.

On the other hand it'll make the Minibot guys (presumably) more affordable, which'd be nice - I probably would spring for an MP Cliffjumper at half the price (and half the shipping cost) of a regular MP, and a lot of people would probably feel the same about Bumblebee, Gears, Brawn...

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote