View Single Post
Old 2013-08-12, 09:12 PM   #21
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK
Cool

Blinkin' eck, see that's a shot where Megatron looks properly dangerous. I never liked how in the Marvel UK series he went from being genuinely evil and nasty to pantomime villain.

Shockwave had the edge, being utterly cold and calculating. I remember however, feeling utterly robbed reading some of the final issues of the UK comic. They were written by Furman, yet he'd had some kind of lobotomy as far as Shockwave was concerned, affixing silly TV-computer style talk to his speech bubbles:

Interrogative: You are too emotional to be a Decepticon leader. Conclusion: One concentrated blast of my purple wrist cannon will atomise you blah blah blah...

Hated that.

But yes, Megatron punching Springer into the ground like that, you could imagine the exact same scene with Galvatron and Magnus, with Galv sporting the same expression.

And Eugenesis signed by Roberts too! I'd personally go for his brain in a jar wired up to a word processor, perhaps with a circa '83 Steve Martin for accompaniment.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!' - Bill Burr

I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman. - David Bowie
Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote