View Single Post
Old 2013-11-06, 07:35 PM   #19
Terome
Indigent

Brighton

The thread title hasn't been spoilered yet so I'll do this:

SPOILER! (select to read)
Seems like a perfectly functional introduction. It felt a lot like my experience of watching Prime - it's underwhelming but if I imagine myself being the target audience age then I can see it possibly being the greatest thing ever. I got a real Sonic The Comic feeling off the set-up. It's supposed to be packed in with a toy, right? I think it's a good fit - being dropped feet-first into all this madness after getting a Skids for Christmas would probably be a great feeling.

I liked Shockwave getting kind of giddy. He's been working very hard at this for a long time so I think he's earned the right to get an attack of the vapours. Starscream was on good form but that 'Starscream The First' business was kind of against the grain.

The art is really impressive too. I really like the layouts - they've been kind of perfunctory of late so it is nice to see some style put into them.

All in all, while I don't find stories like this to be exactly to my tastes, this is very competently put together and a canny piece of marketing.

Oh and hey, there's Kup.

Terome is offline   Reply With Quote