View Single Post
Old 2013-12-28, 08:05 PM   #2
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I have bought, of late the following:

Daft Punk 'Random Access Memories' which is quite jazzy and loungey in its stylings, which I wasn't expecting.

The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing 'This May Be The Reason Why The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing Cannot Be Killed By Conventional Weapons'

excellent steampunk punk/metal ... with bonus intro by Slyvester McCoy!

Sleigh Bells 'Bitter Rivals' - Noisy alt rock from spooky old America. And bloody ace it is too.

Future Of The Left 'How To Stop Your Brain In An Accident' - another cracking slab of indie punk rock (best sort of description I could think of. does them a bit of a disservice, really) and probably the greatest band in England that not enough people are listening to. A bit like what you'd get if Charlie Brooker and David Mitchell were a band.

...and from the archives...

The Sebadoh ' The Sebadoh' fine post grunge rock from Lou Barlow's troubadors. Worth it for the incredible 'Flame'

Handsome Boy Modelling School 'So... How's Your Girl?' fun hip hop from Prince Paul and Dan The Automator

Ride 'Going Blank Again' seminal album from ye olde Shoegaze scene from the early '90s

Jane's Addiction 'Ritual De Lo Habitual' to replace my well loved and well worn vinyl version

The Breeders 'Last Splash' - because I bloody love 'Cannonball' off this

Consolidated 'Play More Music' - angry shouty stuff bought mainly for collaboration with the Yeastie Girls 'You Suck' which was a song I used to dance to a lot at a forgotten and much missed (by me anyway) nightclub in Leeds called Le Phonographique.

Last edited by Skyquake87; 2013-12-28 at 08:07 PM. Reason: bloddy keyboard
Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote