View Single Post
Old 2013-12-30, 08:17 PM   #13
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terome View Post
Furman has released a statement in response to Scott's statement, using the statement of a TFW2005 poster:

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/201...rghread-scott/

Somebody get that man away from the computer.
Yeah, fair enough him being niffed and wanting right of reply (though to be clear here, I don't think anyone is claiming intentional misogyny or transphobia on his part, it's just a poor story badly told with unfortunate implications as a result) but some of what he's saying there is a bit odd.

I mean, he hates retcons does he? Retcons like the computer program the Creation Matrix being the same thing as the physical bauble The Autobot Matrix of Leadership? Where Optimus Prime got his wound at the start of Arielbots Over America from? That his original body was shot randomly into space rather than fired into the sun?

And that's just off the top of my head and from when he was retconning before there was even a word for it. Not to mention him recently retconning out of existence all the UK and G2 stuff with Regeneration One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
I'm guessing there's been a lot of decent stuff that doesn't involve the MTMTE process of taking an obscure character, making them zany comic relief and waiting for the jizz explosion. Which is odd, as I thought RiD was meant to be awful.
I thought that, as much as you were at pains to remind us all there was nothing in it that hadn't been done in stories outside of Transformers fiction, you mostly enjoyed what you read of MTMTE?

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote