View Single Post
Old 2014-03-18, 03:33 PM   #18
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dave Prime View Post
I disagree completely with you guys on roche art - it's so expressive and full of energy. I think the problem with him is that if he has a tight deadline or a lot of issues his work becomes somewhat rushed (LSOTW starts off great but has a few wavy panels as it goes on). But on the whole I think his style is great. And it clearly brought out the best in Alex Milne too. To my mind spotlight:shockwave, spotlight:megatron and the two spotlight: kups are fantastic. Death of Optimus Prime is top drawer stuff too.
My problem with his art is his constant attempt to mix G1 with Animated/Prime/LAM asthetics. IMHO they don't mix. Figuroa couldn't do it, and Roche also couldn't do it. All the engery and expressiveness can't help if I can't tell who is who and what is going on.

His style in TDoOP and MTMTE #1 was some the worst art since Pat Lee. TLSotW was a mixed bag he drew great dialoge scenes but his fight scenes were a mess.

Spotlight: Shockwave and Spotlight: Kup were nothing special (I didn't remember he did them) and Spotlight: Megatron was the first time I actually work.

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote