View Single Post
Old 2014-03-20, 06:07 PM   #201
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Although your two nitpicks, taken in immediate juxtaposition of each other, sound like they come from a ridiculously contradictory curmudgeon.
I'm not sure how? I'm not writing a logical dissection of the thing's flaws, just saying I'm sad that he didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted him to.

(Though that would have involved the Action Master's guns as accessories, so that was never going to happen)

Don't get me wrong. I totally get why he turned out the way he did. Wheeljack was always going to be one of the hardest to get spot-on just due to how different his character model was from his actual alt-mode. Aside from the handful of things I bitched about, I think this is about as close as you can get to having an actual Lancia turn into cartoon Wheeljack. The only one I can see giving them as much trouble is Cliffjumper.

Even after reading that I'm not quite sure why the ears were a non-starter, though. Surely there must have been some way to make them transparent without hampering the articulation. It's not like you'd have to make the whole back half of the head clear like they do with Generations toys to light up the eyes.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote