View Single Post
Old 2014-03-30, 05:15 PM   #58
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
Also mean to do it one year at some point.
SPOILER! (select to read)
I'm shorter than all of you who haven't met me think
This explains a lot, actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I, too, would like to attend an Auto Assembly one year as it seems to be the most efficient way to meet up with other Archivers. I don't think it'll be a financial possibility this year, though.
Do you think you'd be able to save up enough to make it a reality next year? The wife and I have always wanted to visit England and we figure this'd be a great event to plan it around (with some more typical touristy stuff crammed in before/after). And it'd be pretty awesome if we had a whole pack of out-of-country Archivers there all at once.

(This of course presupposes that wifey isn't 8 1/2 months pregnant and/or we don't have a newborn baby at the time, which is a definite possibility).

Those flight costs, though...ouch!

Oh, and regarding credit/debit cards...your Visa or Mastercard will probably work but you need to call your provider before you go and let them know you're travelling. If charges from half-way around the world suddenly show up on the card, they might decide it's been stolen and cancel it while you're on your trip. Bank cards are a bit more hit-or-miss in my experience, so bringing plenty of cash wouldn't be a bad idea.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote