View Single Post
Old 2014-05-10, 07:11 PM   #62
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death's Head View Post
God, I love Danger Man. And Drake. He's just so...competent. I'm not a gay man*, but there's something hugely attractive about that. Ahem.
I really want a nice charcoal suit like the one he wears in some of the later episodes (and by amazing coincidence Number 6 wears as his "Normal" clothes in The Prisoner.

I think McGoohan's rather old fashioned morality really helps Danger Man in terms of it being a lot less dated in terms of sexism and racism compared to a lot of the other ITC shows around the same time (with the exception of Arabs- who tend to be Alf Garnett in a turban- non-white's are usually played by at least roughly the right ethnicity).

The half hour episodes are a good watch as well, though any attempt by the show to not just seem like an overly long warm up for The Prisoner is undone by the first person seen in the first episode (in the production order on the DVD's) is Peter Swanswick.

Quote:
I've never met Geoff Senior, but if I ever do and he is cravat-less, I'll be most upset.
The amazing thing about Geoff Senior is he looks exactly like a Geoff Senior drawing (basically if he entered a cosplay competition as Dragon, he'd win it). You could break rocks on his jaw now, it must have been truly impressive when he was in his twenties.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote