Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
Remind me what your address is.
Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Universe Roadbuster
Always been intrigued by him. I wanted one for a good long while, but now he's too short to fit in with Springer, Roadbuster and Whirl. I do think that he's a nicer-looking toy than the upcoming Voyager though, especially with the third-party head that some people have equipped him with.

Quote:
Universe Ratbat
This one's a gem! Mine isn't out on display now, but he's a great figure and he really should be.

Quote:
Movie Wreckage
Wreckage is interesting. In retrospect he strikes me as the forebearer of the "sort of movie, sort of not" toys that filled out later lines in greater numbers -- guys like Terradive, Tomahawk, Breacher, Seaspray, Lockdown, etc. who fit in well enough with Classics, Movie or Prime figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrad View Post
What? There's hardly any RiD love here. Have to add some.
I'd be talking up RiD Prowl, but one of the doors broke off of mine so he's in no shape for pics. Side Burn and X-Brawn wouldn't get very positive reviews from me I'm guessing, and Gigatron is too new to me to belong here (and he's never left my display shelves since I got him, because of Flec and the RPG).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrad View Post
N.E.S.T. Global Alliance Bludgeon: With the Blood upgrade kit, of course. A great updating of Bludgeon.
I agree here, though I actually do prefer the stock head on the toy. It creates the impression of a skull without actually being one, and I think it fits better with the toy's overall moviefied, alien look.

And since you combined RiD and Bludgeons in one post, I think that means I'm going to have to pull out RiD Bludgeon for a later set of pics (though not the next few as they've already been photographed).

Next up:

ROTF Ransack: I don't think I ever quite got on the hype train for this guy the way others did. I love that a TF biplane even exists, and I get that his whole gimmick (dating back to when he was in the draft scripts) was that he was a rickety old piece of crap...but that's just not a great selling point for a toy. His legs are a mess, and his arms are spindly and sort of awkward to pose. His plane mode is cool, but I think I like the idea of a biplane robot a lot more than the reality.

DOTM Sideswipe is actually kinda cool! I like him more than either of the ROTF molds, and he's a dynamic figure with lots of personality...in robot mode. In car mode he's just a mess. A convertible with no floor? Body panels that don't lock together? A Corvette that's flat grey because Hasbro can't afford paint apps or metallic flake in the plastic? That last one is easy to fix with a bit of paint, but the other issues with the car mode leave me feeling like it's not worth it. The sloppy finish really weighs him down, and I don't think I'll be missing much if I never transform him into car mode again.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote