View Single Post
Old 2014-07-21, 08:38 AM   #25
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Universe Fireflight really does look odd. The Beast Machines figure looks better with its darker colours, but having the whole front of the aircraft as an arm is just...silly.

I miss having lots of paint on Transformers. They just look so much nicer with all the cool detailing picked out. I think thats why the toys from the turn of the century are among my favourites. They just look spot on.

Prime was a frustrating line. You had some real gems in there like Wheeljack, Vehicon, Soundwave, Bulkhead and Starscream and then absolute stinkers like Airachnid and Bumblebee. The engineering was generally of a very impressive standard (except on the Predacons. Ugh). Just a shame paint applications were at a premium. Poor Ratchet looks so bland. Horrible weapon accessories for nearly all of them too.

Energon Mirage! One of those toys I only ever saw in catalogue shots. He never made it to the UK (there was that uncomfortable gap in Energon which saw a lot of stuff just skipped altogether over here), so I am glad to hear he is as awesome as he looked

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote