View Single Post
Old 2014-07-27, 01:03 PM   #49
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

A couple of new ones for me...

Kasabian - 48:13
Probably the only British band to matter a damn and certainly the last band standing after all their contemporaries from a decade or so ago have long since fallen by the wayside (there's what, Kaiser Cheifs from guitar pop's last resurgence still around, and they had split up in the meantime). I do like well done indie music, and its nice to see Kasabian throwing some electronics back into the mix after they'd mutated into something of a rock monster over their last few albums. Great bunch of tunes and a solid listen from start to finish. For me, their best one since their second album.

Babymetal - Babymetal
This is just amazing. It smells completely manufactured, but I swear to God this is one of the best albums I've heard this year. Its Japanese all-girl pop matched with the heaviest heavy metal and its just brilliant. Amazing fun, shouldn't work, its likely to be complete fad and sniffed at by people into 'proper' music (whatever the f**k that is), but just does and instantly brings a smile to my face. Fantastic.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote