View Single Post
Old 2014-07-29, 05:37 AM   #51
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Same goes for the individual cores. Fire truck, Huffer, and the snow plow are all okay by me, but the helicopter guy is pretty dire.

Would have liked to have found the tank and hovercraft, but it wasn't meant to be.
I myself would really like to buy Smolder the firetruck and Undertow the boat. I kind of flip-flopped on Smolder until he eventually disappeared from retail, whereas Undertow never materialized.

The construction set look kinda neat too IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Not really, no. They were a neat idea, making combiners in such a way that emphasized speed of assembly and auto-transformation. But the little connectors don't always want to stay attached, and not many of the arm drones actually have a decent hand. And of course the little drones aren't robots themselves, and that's half the fun of combiners, innit?
Yeah, this neatly sums up all the problems with the PCCs. I wonder how much better the gestalts would be if they just didn't bother with springs and made the drone limbs just, y'know, transform manually. My main problem is that the auto-transforming feet likes to spring-load back on themselves and topple poor Icepick backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay
If you want to hunt one done, I'd recommend the Combaticon set. The torso bot is very poor, but the limbs and combined mode work about the best of any of them. It was also in the first wave, so it should be widely and cheaply available now.
I have the Combaticon set! The torso is indeed very shit. So shit that I have no idea where it is now -- it's not in my box of shame.

The combined mode with Icepick and Huffer do look pretty good, though.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote