View Single Post
Old 2014-07-31, 04:53 PM   #56
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

Freakin' laptop ate my long reply to those two posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87
hrm...not sure I like those dull colours on those Combaticons. I kind of like the bright colours on the Energon versions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry
Agreed! They look terribly boring in the ROTF colours. Those toys came out during Hasbro's thankfully-shortlived "everything needs to be realistic!" phase, sadly, and are the worse for it.
I do like them! I mean, Brawl and Vortex are kinda boring, but I do quite like sandy Swindle, gray Onslaught and dark brown Blast Off. I think that the Energon team look quite too loud, though that may just be the yellow tank clashing with the rest of the team. I think this bunch of Combaticons are decent looking, if a bit monochromic... though Bruticus is like that in the first place, so hey!

Granted, they look really bland especially now that they're hanging out with Fruit Loop G2 Bruticus, but the Aerialbots are far more boring. When I dig them out tomorrow and get hi-def photographs instead of the embarrassingly grainy ones I'll show you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87
Metroplex looks interesting, but does look to me like a Transformer in search of an alt mode.
Quote:
Also agreed! He's got a really cool robot mode but his alt-mode just looks like a robot in the fetal position, with a shovel attached.
To be fair, a realbucket wheel excavator that he's based on doesn't really have a really exact shape beyond box-with-a-wheel-shovel, so...

Still, it is undoubtedly weak, though I'm thankful that they focused more on making the robot mode solid enough to support his weight and height without toppling over instead of making a better-looking alternate mode. I mean, he never gets transformed anyway, so...

Quote:
ROTF Starscream
I really regretted not getting ROTF Starscream. The Leader class, while wonderful, is too big and out of scale with everyone. The first movie one is awful, though holds a special place in my heart as my first Transformer that built my collection, and DOTM is sorta bad with that massive crotchpiece.

He does look pretty cool!

I always thought that the only real poor Voyager that's overengineered was Mixmaster. Long Haul's a little frustrating but nothing difficult, whereas Demolishor and Fallen have laughably easy transformations.

Quote:
And I could say much the same about Universe Powerglide...so close to being great!
He needs more red! I mean, I don't want him to be entirely red like the bad Walmart repaint, but Powerglide is a nice example of 'everything realistic' Hasbro that ends up producing something nice. Just wished the robot parts, especially his messy torso, get highlighted a bit more. And if he has slightly longer and larger hands.

I don't like him that much, but I don't mind him in my collection.

Do agree that the Decepticon redeco (Storm Cloud? Tailwind?) look pretty beautiful, though. Shame I never stumbled upon it.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote