View Single Post
Old 2014-08-27, 11:03 AM   #13
Terome
Indigent

Brighton

I am on it like vomit.

SPOILERS AHOY

Goodness me! A really good ghost ship story, plenty of horrible things to see and consider, a cracking sequence where Megatron talks to Ravage and is actually unguarded and honest for the first time and a genuine mystery which is looking to resemble quite closely the TFW2005 theory we've been talking about.

Things I'm thinking about:
We didn't see Chromedome's corpse although every other main character seems to be accounted for (except possibly Rung... Whirl's on the cover, which took on a very different tone after the reveal. We're seeing their desperate last stand.)

There is no way Rewind is getting out of this alive. My bet is that he'll be reverted with everybody else.

We didn't see whether Tailgate had 'Bomb' or 'Waste' written on him but I'd bet it's 'Bomb.'

How then did the DJD know about Magnus? And how did the Autobots keep the whole thing a secret from Megatron when it took Ravage about a second to rumble it?

Brainstorm's briefcase! It's an Undo button, isn't it? It shunts you a few seconds backwards in time like in the finale of Futurama. That's a good source of comedic shennanigans. I wonder how many times he's used it already.

Who are we seeing in alt-mode in that scene? It's hard to do when we haven't seen a lot of these guys transform before and they have faded colours. Huffer? Landmine? Is that Brainstorm? Wait... Pipes?

That panel with Ratchet, Drift and Hound gets worse and worse the more I look at it - they made Drift stab Hound, impaled him with his own Great Sword, presumably while Ratchet watched. Then presumably Helex had him eat his own brain. Definitely Rob Grant territory.

Fodder for the Tumblr crowd - Nightbeat and Nautica, 'Stormy,' etc.

Soundwave sent Ravage to assassinate Megatron. Soundwave is very upset. But I am glad that we're told outright that Galvatron is being used. That seems to be his lot in life.

An interesting titbit about Megatron's body not having any 'bite' with his spark.

'Morphing addiction' - yuck.

All in all, great issue. Firing on all cylinders. I'm very warmed up to the new colours - this was a great showcase for Lafuente.

I'm also quite fond of Riptide now.

Terome is offline   Reply With Quote