View Single Post
Old 2014-09-18, 06:06 PM   #9
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
First off, your life will be easier if you have the figure in hand, look at packaging shots, throw the damn instructions in a bin and watch video reviews.
Instructions? Ha! They won't even be unpackaged. Figuring out how to do it is half the fun!

I (eventually) figured out all ten of Gigatron's modes, so I'm at least going to take a crack at them all if I get this guy.

Quote:
Some of his alt-modes aren't much to look at---wolf, spaceship and apc are my favourites. The "tank" is just the figure lying down with the legs up, the "gun" is just the spaceship with the waist folded the other way.
That sounds more-or-less identical to the original, TBH. Wolf and spaceship are the only two that I even remember the look of without a reference pic, honestly, so as long as they got those right I'm willing to give the other modes a bit of a pass on looks.

Quote:
He takes a lot of handling to get used to and appreciate his quirks---he's madly poseable, VERY stable, has got little tricks here and there not apparent from the get go, he's huge [bigger than MP10 and MP13] and what strikes me as very, VERY surprising is his weight.

He's heavier than both Soundwave and Starscream [masterpieces] and he's cheaper than either.
It really shouldn't be a surprise that he's heavier than Soundwave, should it? I mean, Soundwave's entire torso is hollow.

Quote:
If you want the most bang for your buck, go for the black version---you get two AWESOME stag cleavers and an extra helmet. Original version has got Drift-like swords with scabbards that get in the way. Continuum version [not yet out] does away with any kind of melee weapons, gives him two smaller, chromed guns and remoulded chest wings and helmet.
Nah, I want a Sixshot toy, not some random 99% black sixchanger dude. It'd be a choice between the original and the new, G1-ified release, I think.

I find the original's Drift-swords random and baffling, and don't like how the scabbards look. On the other hand, the original guns look way nicer than the chromed ones on the reissue. I'll probably end up getting the new one just because of the price, if I go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul053 View Post
I have a reivew, if you are interested in reading it.
Thanks! Lots of good info in there, and the pics are very helpful too. The alt-modes look a lot better than I feared they would, and it's good to hear that the beast mode has at least some articulation. I love the way he scales with MP Grimlock, too. That's exactly as big as he is in my mind's eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul053 View Post
He has a 7th mode. I called it wolf warrior mode.
Oh, I imagine that like all sixchangers, he's got way more than one extra mode if you go looking for them.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote