View Single Post
Old 2014-09-29, 09:51 PM   #34
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
As for the telescoping legs, yeah, they could have made little external tabs to lock them into a position instead of using just the internal ratchets,
Nevermind, I found them...

DERP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul053 View Post
He is awesome. I knew there was a huge debate between Giant and Hercules when they came out. But I have no regret when I choose MT. I know they don't have same height in each individual's robot mode bothered many people but not me. And many people complained each individual robot mode is not G1 enough but I'm totally fine, too. Yes, each individual robot has some flaws but the combined mode is just too cool. I still remembered the first time when I combined him. My jaw was opened in awesomeness. Hope I will have the same feeling when I finally combine MMC's Predaking. Here is my review of Giant if you are interested in browsing it.
Already read your review .

Yeah, the more I look at it, the more I like the deviations from G1. I especially like the way the crane arm folds down behind the combined form, and how the ensemble of robots are quite different from one another. I don't dislike Hercules now, but I've been playing around with Uranos, Intimidator, and Feral Rex frequently after completing the latter, and it amazes me how far these things have come in such a short span of time. Hercules was a great rough start and showed that it could be done and be economically viable, but I think Giant fits more with the overall style of those that have followed - more detailed, figures more lean and less blocky, etc.

I highly doubt I'll ever get rid of Herc, but Giant seems to fit the "flow" as it's just happened to turn out. I'm strongly considering acquiring one after Quantron and not-Bruticus finish up.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote