View Single Post
Old 2014-10-22, 04:54 PM   #54
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
In my opinion, the mould only works as Sixshot. [My] The black one looks less gaudy than the others.
It looks just fine as Greatshot, IMO, but I'm honestly not sure there's much market for that. Even by third-party standards he seems ridiculously obscure at a $150 price tag, and I don't know how much interest there would be from the fandom at large. The cult following that the Japanese shows had a decade ago seems to have pretty much died off these days. Aside from a handful of big names like Star Saber or Overlord or Dai Atlas (who've all transitioned into Western media) I'm not sure many people care about the Japanese characters anymore.

The fact that they chose to rerelease Sixshot with slight tweaks before exploring other characters suggests that MMC don't see much money in Greatshot, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
With Quakewave, it's genuinely hard to see how Takara could make a better masterpiece Shockwave.
For starters, they could make sure that their toy looks something like Shockwave from the waist down. I honestly don't know how Quakewave's designers could have spent so much effort getting the upper body just right, up to and including transparent purple hands like the original toy, but slapped on such a generic set of blocky, bulgy legs. You were so close, guys!

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote