View Single Post
Old 2014-10-30, 03:14 AM   #25
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Smile

Just some quickish thoughts for now, but overall I enjoyed this.

Even if Trailbreaker's death turns out to be another fake-out, I think the desired reaction was achieved here. I was shocked at any rate. It sort of just came out of nowhere.

I felt Roberts chose some pretty great 'moral conundrums' to explore here in both past in present sequences. Not so clear cut and straightforward, not so black and white, which I really appreciated.

Like Dalek, I was racking my brain on that one, going back and forth on which was the more 'morally just' option... Though, me being a member of the audience, of course I'm going to say, "Fuck morality, let that asshole Vos die!"

Speaking of which, I have to hand it to Roberts; he created a set of genuinely hateable villains. For once that's not a criticism against the DJD. In the most complimentary sense I want to see them die. Like, in the most satisfyingly prolonged and gruesome manner conceivable.

What? I'm not joking (well, not entirely ); this is the first time the DJD have evoked this kind of response from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
Start your "Terminus is Tarn!" speculation now.
Seems to be, doesn't he?

Then again, probably a red herring, but the ambiguity of his fate right now and his faith in Megatron (albeit pre-Space Hilter Megatron) supports that theory. Not sure I completely buy it myself yet, though Terminus quoting "you are being deceived" from Megatron's treatise did strike me as your typical Roberts-esque clue-seeding.

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote