View Single Post
Old 2014-11-01, 05:53 AM   #35
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
I would assume the panic bubble has it's own separate battery that tops itself up as necessary off of Trailmix's normal energon supply or when he recharges. It's an emergency tool, one might expect such a thing to be able to run separate from regular power.
I...guess? I mean, if he's actually dead then that has to be how it works, but I honestly can't see any logical design reason for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
Obviously we're building to a DJD vs. Megatron and LL confrontation soon, but with Megatron in a weakened state, he's going to need a trump card. I had assumed a strong new body or substantial upgrades, with Brainstorm-tech to finally tap a black hole, but that doesn't seem like a possibility what with Brainstorm taking a little trip. So the next likely option is the thing everyone has been expecting since the start of this season confirmed they were all on board: Defensor.
Wouldn't you need Brainstorm to make Defensor too, though? Ratchet probably could do it on his own but I can't imagine him agreeing to do so.

I hope you're right though, more Protectobots is always a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
Part of how satisfying this issue is alludes to Trailbreaker's fate. I mean, we've more or less seen bots had worse things happen to them, but it was nobodies or red shirts. Seeing it happen [off panel too] to a genuine A-lister was a bit shocking. I keep wondering if he wasn't spent from helping Vos if he could fare better. I keep forgetting that for DJD standards, Kaon is small, but for regular bot standards, he's actually well built and tall.
Trailbreaker has tons of guns, forcefields and turns into a rugged SUV, while Kaon is seemingly blind, at least somewhat damaged, has no weapons (given he's got barely any energy, he probably can't charge up his Tesla coils) and turns into a chair. If Trailbreaker hadn't saved Vos I think he would have been able to beat him handily, though since Kaon is part of the *swoon* ultra-badass DJD he may have Mary Sued his way to victory regardless.

...I'm starting to sound like Cliffy, aren't I?

Quote:
A complaint on the art is that Vos goes from "horrifically scorched and unable to ID" back to his regular colours as soon as they prop him up on the chair.
I couldn't figure out which of those was right -- was he beaten up so badly that he was almost scrap, or did the artist just draw him that way until we were supposed to know who he was?

Quote:
Pre-war stuff...okay, brand new territory [and more or less retconning or making Megatron-Origin seem less awkward] but it sadly works against it somehow. Roberts is going out of his way to make Megatron look like an anti hero, a genuine victim, 100% justified etc. It basically builds him up as a hero, and all the evil doings of the Decepticons being attributed to the likes of DJD. Between Soundwave's more recent "neutrally good" stance, Starscream's general benevolent sneakiness, Shockwave's general machinations and Megatron's justified actions, I kind of struggle to see how these 4 figureheads were the spearheads of such a "vile" movement.
Good people can do bad things in the name of a cause, or in the heat of the moment, but yeah...it does strain credulity a bit that all of the previously-malevolent main Decepticons are actually really nice guys who were just misunderstood. If it was just Megatron, that would be one thing -- if he was a good guy to start but his message attracted bad people who encouraged him to listen to his darker impulses. But when the people around him are being portrayed as no worse than most of the Autobots, you really start to wonder why scum like Tarn or Turmoil or Overlord were tolerated even for a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death's Head View Post
It's much the same thing, surely?
In one case, Megatron is dead and gone. In the other, his corpse is being driven around by a brainwashed puppet with (at least some) of his memories who has assumed his identity and made a mockery of everything the real Megatron stood for. It would be comparable to becoming a zombie, and if there's anything that all zombie fiction agrees on, it's that death is vastly preferable to having your reanimated corpse become a tool that's used against those you cared for in life.

And Zombie Megatron would absolutely be used against the Decepticons. Just like Pious Maximus, he would have been trotted out by the Institute to recant his beliefs in public in an effort to cut the legs out of the Decepticon movement. I doubt it would have worked, though. Decepticonism was going strong during Shadowplay with Megatron nowhere in sight, and just like countless "go back in time to kill Hitler" sci-fi stories you'd just find someone else taking Megatron's place when the political movement turned into a violent revolution.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote