View Single Post
Old 2014-11-06, 11:18 PM   #55
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK
Smile

If Trailbreaker really is dead then… good going! I liked him (much like I liked Pipes), but something suggests its convenient to have Trailbreaker out of the way for now, otherwise ‘the one-trick pony’, as Whirl calls him, could trump a DJD attack by trapping Tarn & Co. in a bubble, or blocking their attacks against the crew.

I still find it very silly to imagine a force field can be negated simply by warping in and out. Trailbreaker is a special agent (according to Spotlight: Kup) with a unique ability.

And its not like Trailbreaker’s not had a chance to shine; he saw off Lockdown and Co. in his own Spotlight, had a good set-to with Megatron in the last few issues, made a drunken comment to Max and prevented a lot of them dying when Whirl set off missiles against the Sparkeater.

I’d be happy if it was permadeath for Trailbreaker, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if he came back either. He has a unique ability and a potential story-arc. Pipes had neither, and perhaps the only thing he could contribute is the motivating force of a new crew member that want’s to get revenge for Pipes’ death… say a fighting mad Hubcap! Or perhaps Pipes was good friends with, I dunno, the Monsterbots or Wreck-Gar who may enjoy the opportunity to wreck Overlord in a particularly creative manner?

Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote