View Single Post
Old 2014-11-26, 04:36 PM   #9
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

The first Maverick one had the Ultra Magnus cover didn't it? Same artwork as the soundtrack album.

IIRC, the release pattern in the UK was VHS (1986 - MSD/ Tempo Video) w/ original UK film poster (the Megatron/ Prime one) , VHS (1999 - Sony Wonder/ Maverick) with the Ultra Magnus movie artwork, VHS / DVD (2001 - Maverick)with a totally awful completely black cover with no artwork and screen caps on the rear (to tie in with Maverick's similarly awful VHS/DVD releases of the first season, all with colour-coded sleeves), Cheapo DVD release (c.2004 - Metrodome, I think with just a screen-cap of Rodimus on the front), The Reconstructed DVD 2005 (Metrodome) with the Magnus Movie artwork and then the 2007 definitely not a cash on the live action film honest Metrodome tinned version, with rubbish lurching Prime artwork on the tin, and original UK Movie Poster artwork on the clamshell inside. I think there was a further budget release after this too in about 2009 which has some different artwork again.

Although I no longer own it, I didn't mind the way Reconstructed looked and sounded. Its an interesting folly. Metrodome still deserve a slap for it though 'more of the picture is visible' - not much of a benefit when the thing wasn't made in widescreen and just means you can see to the edge of the cel.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote