View Single Post
Old 2014-12-18, 06:41 PM   #23
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
That being said, it was a nice and full issue. I ain't sure why Tailgate is "allowed" back in time when more able bots could go back---everybody on the team serves a purpose except for him.
They mentioned early on that they would need to have a compatible spark-type to Brainstorm's in order to take part in the time travel, so it's possible that there isn't anyone else. Though considering half of the main cast qualify, I find it hard to believe that "compatibility" is that rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
Brainstorm's been set up for something else---I don't think he's out to kill Pax. Especially in the time periods he ends up at, Pax is already too famous and strong, not to mention surrounded by his own X-Men. It's like going after Whirl when he's in the Wreckers.
I wonder now if he's actually doing anything or if it's just a red herring, he's just gone on a crazy jaunt through time to prove that he can like the mad scientist that he is, and Rodimus and co. are the ones who inadvertently cause the new timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dave Prime View Post
Not loving this as much as some of you. Its good... but not really engaging. Quite forget-able to be honest, much as the past bots feel.
Agreed. It's fun but not really substantial. As part of the story arc it's perfectly fine, but as a standalone issue it's a little bit underwhelming considering what it's following up.

That said, I always enjoy our visits with the actually-heroic millions-of-years-ago-Orion, so I won't complain too much.

Quote:
4. Speaking of Pax, He thrusts the story about the LL crew being linked to Sentinal far too easy - given that he only knows Whirl as a criminal and Thumbler / domey as possibly a member of the institute and recognises the autobot symbol as a sign of oppression.
I got the impression that he might have put together what was going on on his own, and that's why he was suspiciously trusting of them. The fact that Chromedome and Whirl both did a very poor job of their excuse-making was probably enough to at least make him suspicious. Megatron probably didn't help either.

Quote:
Look, its not a bad issue and there are some really nice ideas going on here - Rodimus saving himself (once I read Nyon, that was an instant link)
...I missed that entirely. Good catch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagger View Post
I thought it funny that, in typical Team Rodimus fashion, right after establishing "the golden rules" and making the time jump, they break said rules in short order. Still, made for some pretty amusing (i.e. clumsy) backpedaling moments.
I got a good laugh out of that too.

"For god's sake don't kill anyone!"

Two minutes later: "Blow up that orbital platform!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagger View Post
Speaking of which; probably thinking too much on it, but Chromedome shook Glitch's hand. Wonder if that'll cause issues later on.
Glitch's powers were touch-triggered and immediate, weren't they? If they were going to cause a problem I think they'd have done so right away, so Trailbreaker and the rest wouldn't have been memory-wiped. It seems like they all were, so I guess nothing happened?

Maybe Glitch has been able to figure out how to better control his powers since we last saw him?

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote