View Single Post
Old 2015-01-02, 08:41 PM   #6
Terome
Indigent

Brighton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
Fun enough concept, but it's very light fare and the first one's mostly setup.

Has Roberts demonstrated an interest in comics writing outside of TFs? Very hazy recollection of interviews in which I think was stated he was a freelance writer before TFs (non-fiction) and I think has been involved in law enforcement or private security.

I've just been reading MTMTE, although picked up Windblade (read better collected) and the first trade of Joes/TF is on order. Hoping for less tosh like Dark Cybertron in future.
Ah, cheers. I see that IDW publish it and there are more issues coming out in February. I should delve.

Haven't heard anything like that from Roberts but Dalek is slightly more glued to his Twitter feed than I. I figure that he has a day job of some sort and I reckon he's got more than a few great novels in him. Didn't Douglas Adams start out as a bouncer in a night club on account of his tallness? Literary stardom through private security has a precedent.

Did anyone like Dark Cybertron without reservation? I get the sense that even the creative teams feel like it was at least a little bit of a misfire. I wonder how sales did and what benefit IDW got out of the toy pack-ins beyond scoring good graces with Hasbro. I do think that in the long term, the comic pack-ins will intrigue a lot of young fans.

Terome is offline   Reply With Quote