View Single Post
Old 2015-01-04, 03:49 AM   #45
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
That's news to me. Still, I don't think that's quite enough to draw my interest. Probably need to wait for some in-hand or at least non-stock pictures (something like in a display case at a con).
Haven't actually seen the working treads confirmed anywhere; it's just something that I noticed in the picture. The tank uses four tracks instead of two, and none of them are broken up for the robot mode (indeed, the robot wears two sets as a backpack to accommodate them). Therefore, working treads.

Quote:
Since it hasn't been brought up in the thread yet, there were recent-ish reports of some other things for the Combiner Wars line:
Leader-class Ultra Magnus (listing spotted in some store's computer system)
Various Protectobots (also seen in a store's computer system)
Titan-class Devastator (I think this was just 'rumor' from someone who's given good info the past. Supposed to be something like a giftset of 6 Constructicons, basically being the Metroplex for this year: big ass item for the line.)
Yeah, the Protectobots can be reworked just from what's been shown so far: Streetwise as one of the Stunticon cars with a lightbar, First Aid from Off Road, and Blades from the helicopter Aerialbot. They could even cheat and have Groove be a car too and reuse another Stunticon. That'd really just leave Hotspot, who could be another version of the Prime / Motormaster mold.

As far as Devastator goes, could be neat. From what I understand, Titan class is more about price point than height, so I'd expect a Devastator to be shorter and much heavier than Metroplex.

EDIT: After looking at pictures of Offroad again, that may not work for First Aid after all. But the gist is the same.

Last edited by Clay; 2015-01-04 at 04:03 AM.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote